Thursday - July 24

Wednesday - July 23

Strength
  • 10m

Abs/Core

Tuesday - July 22

Strength
  • 50m

20 min upper body dumbbells, 20 min lower body strength, 10 min core.

Looks like I'm heading to Phoenix!   ... with my boss.

Not sure what made my weight creep up over night.

Monday - July 21

Run
  • 28m 40s
  • 2.50 miles
  • 11m 28s /Mi

Out the door with my dog by 4:30 a.m. Discovered a light sprinkle of rain. Continued walking and saw lightening flicker. Decided to cut my walk short in hopes of running before it got any worse, but by the time I went out to run, it had stopped. Just did a short, slow, fat-burning run.

Strength
  • 45m

Too busy during lunch hour, so this was after work core.

FINALLY back in the teens; down nearly 9 lbs (I was up to 128.4 on June 24)!  People must think it's crazy that I lose weight by cutting back on exercise and eating a high fat diet.  That's cutting "back," not out.  I really need to get consistent with high intensity interval training and weights.

Sunday - July 20

Strength
  • 08m

Boot Camp Abs DVD

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 45m

Foam roller/stretching

One of my BT friends always post his planned workouts for the week ahead, so I decided to adopt that practice since I'm no longer on a real training plan.  What I'm posting is the planned minimum, but perhaps I'll add in a spin or yoga class.

This Week's Training Plan
Mon:  Run 3 miles; Core; Abs
Tue:   Dumbbells
Wed: Run 3.5 miles; Core; Abs
Thu:   Dumbbells
Fri:    Run 4 miles; Core; Abs
Sat:   Dumbbells; Run
Sun:  Bike; Abs

Saturday - July 19

Run
  • 22m 07s
  • 2.00 miles
  • 11m 03s /Mi

Sluggish low energy run. I know I've lost my run fitness, but sheesh. I feel like I need to go back to the beginning and start over with the Couch-2-5K Program. I have lost fitness, but likely this has more to do with my current macronutrient ratios. My body needs time to adjust. Once I get back down to 117ish, I'll readjust my ratios for increased workouts. But hopefully, my body will naturally adjust more too.

Strength
  • 50m

20 min upper body dumbbells; 20 min lower body strength; 10 min core.

Weight has been steadily dropping.  Now that I've gotten my eating back under control, I need to get back on the training bandwagon!  I lose weight better when I am not focused so much on working out; particularly because of the reduced calories and lower energy.  But I really need to at least run a few miles and do my dumbbells.

Friday - July 18

My son James is on a plane heading to Chennai, India!  Six months is a long time. 

There goes his plane leaving North America!

Maria527's Training Log

July 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races