Run
  • 10m
  • 1.00 miles
  • -----

Not exactly sure of time. Ran the 1.1 mile loop in the snow (4 more inches) with the dog

Sport
  • Cross-Country Skiing
  • 3h 18m

7.2 miles....tired at about the 2 hour mark....so much snow. Picking up the poles made my shoulders tired. There were 7 of us, fun to have a group. A couple miles no one had skied and we had to break the trail, slow going during that time and I was getting cold since I was in the back. I moved to the front so I could do some work and get warm. Then I was hot and sweaty and then I got pretty tired and moved to the back again. 28 degrees and not much wind and the snow wasn't sticky. Hip flexors tired!

Sport
  • Crossfit
  • 1h 00m

jerk from the rack...PR of 114#

wod
10 min amrap
10 back squats pickup from ground
10 burpee bar jumps
10 pullups

Snowed all day yesterday. I shoveled at 7am and noon yesterday and still had 4 inches to shovel today at lunch.

Not going to crossfit on Saturday my friend wants to do a snowy hike so hopefully we do that. It is easy to sit around the house all day and do nothing with this weather.

Going to try a 2 mile run Sat if the roads are bare. I may try the woods, if a few other people have been through it won't be too bad but it is too hard to have to break the trail.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 1h 00m

So I was talking to my dr yesterday about how bad the last year has been. (lack of female hormones)

He thinks that maybe going to crossfit 6x a week may be hurting my running more that I think. And that I may not be recovering enough from the high intensity stuff to be able to run like I used. He said maybe you don't run or think about ultras or maybe you cut back a little on crossfit for a few weeks and see what happens.

So I didn't go this morning, felt really weird to miss. Going to skip Wed and Sat for a few weeks and see how my running responds. Honestly it can't get much worse. I miss trail running and being in the woods, but I can hardly get through a 3 mile run most days. Then I cry and then it just all goes downhill.

I really don't like getting older.
Sport
  • Crossfit
  • 1h 00m

actually was there a little early and practiced double unders for 20 minutes. I can do 2 singles one double very easily, now just to get rid of the singles.

Snatches - got a PR 78 pounds power snatch

WOD
20 pullups
30 wallballs
40 kbs
30 wallballs
20 pullups

Sport
  • Crossfit
  • 1h 00m

front squats

2 min amrap GOH x 3 decreasing weight each time
2 min amrap AD x 3 - managed to get 30 calories each time

Had intentions of running after work, but as the sun went down the temp was about 20 and with windchill was 10. Just didn't feel like it. Went to the dr. this morning for a sinus infection.

Run
  • 55m
  • 4.40 miles
  • -----

snowy trail run. wasn't bad where the cross country skiers had everything all hard packed. part of the trail was lots of loose snow, got really tiring

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 40m

kest

mtnchick13's Training Log

February 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 

Time