• 4.97 miles
  • 12m 32s /Mi
Strength
  • 10m
Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m

---8:00 PM---

And my day gets better...Ohio State lost!!  Hooray!!!! 

---4:00 PM--- 

Had some problems with getting breathing under control and a cramped diaphram. Also had the blister on my left foot get larger and split open around mile 3. All that being said, I was 8:20 faster than last year and 10 seconds faster than my best 8k time. I was really hoping to go under an hour, but it was not to be this year. I'm not in any pain now (except for my feet), so I'm VERY happy about the recovery!

Run
  • 24m 57s
  • 2.04 miles
  • 12m 14s /Mi
Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m

---8:26 PM---

Padding the blister with the Band-Aid Blister pads.  Still a bit sore, but better now that I'm not using the arch supports.  At least it's not getting any worse.

Went to packet pickup today and got a stick and some Body Glide.  Using the stick now to loosen up my leg muscles.  It feels looser already. 

---3:52 PM---

Talked to my sports medicine doc today and she said to stop running with the arch supports (and I can return them for a refund!). Also said not to worry about the pain in my legs unless it feels like the bone is starting to hurt again. Makes me feel a lot better.

So, today is my second day of no caffeine and drinking at least 6 glasses of water. I've been going to the bathroom a lot. Also haven't had candy or sweets for the same time. That's been more of a challenge than the caffeine/water, but I'm still working on it. I hope this helps with weight loss.

Bike
  • 22m 03s
  • 5.86 miles
  • 15.95 Mi/hr
Run
  • 15m 32s
  • 1.32 miles
  • 11m 46s /Mi
Strength
  • 10m

Heel flips and heel presses

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 05m

---7:18 PM---

Went to the gym after school today. I ran on the treadmill for about 15 minutes and that aggravated the blister more, so I switched to biking.

Now I'm making chili for Andy's chili cook-off at work tomorrow. I like that I'm making it for him to take to work. I'm at least going to have some tonight and save a bowl for lunch tomorrow. I'm excited about it being cooler. I love making chili and stew and soup. :)

---1:10 PM---

Johnson and Johnson blister pads are awesome. My foot is feeling better today. Haven't been able to get in touch with my sports medicine doc, though, to try to fix the situation. I left a message for her. Hopefully she gets back to me soon. In the meantime, I'm not sure if I should run or not. I guess if I run, it's without the arch supports.

Run
  • 24m
  • 2.04 miles
  • 11m 46s /Mi
Two laps around the Cap One campus.  Ran the first one with Andy, but did the second one on my own.  Not so good at running with other people.  My arch supports are giving me blisters on my arch, especially on my left foot.  It was really painful towards the end of my run.  I'm going to have to talk to my sports medicine doc and get this taken care of.  In the meantime, I think it's better to not run with them than to run with them and get the blisters.

Juggling my schedule around a bit.  I'll do today's run tomorrow since the calf is still a little cramped and I'm not sure I want to run on it yet.

Looked up my 8k time from last year: 1:10:46.  That'll be the time to beat, but I don't think that will be a problem. 

Run
  • 34m 12s
  • 3.12 miles
  • 10m 58s /Mi

Better run today.  My left calf is cramped up right now, but I am stretching and trying to get that out.  It's feeling better now, but still a little sore.

Focused on changing my stride, which is starting to get a bit more comfortable and require less concentration overall. 

Artemis' Training Log

November 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance
Time
  • November's totals