Monday - September 1

Sunday - August 31

Run
  • 47m 20s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 09m 28s /Mi

Little recovery run. Although, can it be recovery if it is faster than the run it is recovering from?? It was super miserable out this morning - way worse than yesterday. So, I'm glad yesterday was the long day!!
First mile was about 10:20 and last was about 8:50. Yes, it takes me that long to warm up. I really should get on the trainer for a little spin before I run to speed up the loosening up process.

Saturday - August 30

Run
  • -----
  • 12.60 miles
  • 11m 12s /Mi

Since it is a holiday weekend, marathonfest is on your own. So, Susan asked me to run with her. With the heat and humidity she wanted to do 5:1s. I said sure. This was my longest run in a couple of months. I'm very happy. It was way slower than I would normally run, but my hamstring didn't hurt at all !! and my glute was fine too!! So, this was a smart idea. I felt great all run and am still fresh afterward. So, winner, winner chicken dinner!

Afterwards, we met Donna at Uncle Henry's and ate a lot of food. Really, a lot.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 1h 00m

yin yoga.

Friday - August 29

Nothing to do today since I can't swim or do an upper body strength workout and can't bike b/c both the tri and road bike put pressure on my shoulder and that is not fun.

I've been sleeping like crap all week - even broke down a few nights and took benydryl to help.  Then yesterday I took over call from the on-call attorney while he is on a short cruise.  So, of course I slept great last night.  Right up until 12:45 when the first call came.  After the 3d call I could not get back to sleep for a long time.  But, good news is I did get to sleep until 6:15, so yay!!  And, now Steve really owes me for covering for him -especially over a holiday weekend :)

Thursday - August 28

Run #1
  • 34m 33s
  • 3.25 miles
  • 10m 38s /Mi

wow, we had a really big turn out for this stupid-early warm up- about 8 of us in our little clique!

Run #2
  • 45m 09s
  • 4.83 miles
  • 09m 20s /Mi

Main work out was just looping around hitting the "hills". My legs felt better today then they have since I returned from vacation. I ran with Susan, so she made me not push things too much. Apparently, I need this kind of adult supervision not to re-injure myself!

After this we did about a.75 cool down run, so i got about 8.5 miles in this morning and after Saturday's run I should have over 35 for the week. That makes me smile!

Wednesday - August 27

Run
  • -----
  • 3.40 miles
  • 09m 53s /Mi

Trying to get my run back without hurting myself, so this was a short, take it ez, run.

--------------------------------------------
Well, can't say I'm surprised, but I am disappointed; rotator cuff is torn and I need surgery. Dr said it is a medium size tear, will be done out patient and when he gets in there, if the bone spurring is as bad as he thinks, he will take care of them too.
He then said I will be in a sling for 4 weeks, at after 2 weeks I will start PT - 2x/ week, for 12 weeks!! I then asked him that if that meant I could start running at that time too. He rolled his eyes at me and then said "No"! Said I could get on a stationary bike then, but won't be able to run until 4 weeks. So, I've scheduled it for November, after my sept, October and November races and hope I can run- walk my mid December race!

Tuesday - August 26

Run #1
  • 33m 39s
  • 3.30 miles
  • 10m 12s /Mi

First week day run with the group since vacation. It was really hard to get out of bed to make this. Normal group minus Susan who is on vacation. We actually did this about :30/mile faster than normal.

Run #2
  • 33m 20s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 08m 20s /Mi

Main work out called for mile repeats or 800s on the track. Since I am trying to be smart (ha!), I stayed off the track. splits were: 8:40, 8:30, 8:02; 8:05. They are about :45-1 minute slower than I would like, but considering the heat and humidity and that I am just getting over my glute injury; I'm pretty ok with these. Makes me think I may not be quite as out of shape as I feared. We'll see.

Run #3
  • 07m 53s
  • 0.80 miles
  • 09m 52s /Mi

cool down run.

amd723's Training Log

September 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races

• Great Smoky Mountain Half Marathon (Run)
    9/20/2014 Townsend, Tennessee
  • Cherokee Harvest Half (Run)
    10/18/2014 Bryson City, Florida
  • Wildhorse (Run)
    11/2/2014 Brandon, Florida

Totals

• August's totals
  • July's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals