Saturday - August 23

Run
  • 1h 37m 27s
  • 10.10 miles
  • 09m 39s /Mi

Met with the group and just hung on for this run! Hot and humid is an understatement. It's amazing how being away from it for 2 weeks really affects you - I could not convince my legs to turn over. Stupid, stubborn legs! But, I got it done; so yay!

It looks like my tri season is history, so I will go back to run focused training. Hopefully, that will get me back in shape fast enough that I will have a decent HM next month!

Friday - August 22

Run
  • -----
  • 3.10 miles
  • 09m 33s /Mi

Holy crapola! This was not pretty!! Decided that since I had not run since Tuesday - in Vancouver, that I needed to get a little run in even though Friday's are not normally a run day. This hurt. Don't know if it was the heat, the humidity or what, but it was bad.
Im running 10 with my group tomorrow - hope I'll be able to keep up!

-----------------------------------------------

Back to work today and, surprise, no one did my work while I was gone; so there is a huge pile on my desk and an even huger number of emails to get through.  Plus, I have to teach this afternoon, so I will not be getting too much done today. Reality is overrated!!

Thursday - August 21

Plane was delayed in Atlanta, so I didn't get home until really, really late.  Decided I wouldn't be worth much at work so tired and, since I would have to leave early to make my MRI, I would extend the vacation 1 day. 

Gunnar was really glad to see me - he hasn't stopped staring at me since I got home and insisted on sleeping on the bed next to me last night.  Dogs are great!

On the not so great news, somehow my tv broke while I was away.  So, now I get to buy a new one.  I hadn't factored that into my vacation expense!!

Wednesday - August 20

This is going to be a really long day. If everything goes as planned, my plane leaves at 11:30 and, after a 2 hr layover in Atlanta, I land in Orlando at 10:30p. By the time I get my luggage and take the shuttle to my car, I will be lucky if I'm home by midnight. Don't know why I didn't take Thursday off work. Poor planning on my part!!

Today Orlando is forecasted to have a feels like temp of 104*. Vancouver will be 72*. One of those temps is perfect!

Tuesday - August 19

Run
  • -----
  • 5.00 miles
  • 09m /Mi

This is just an estimate on pace and distance since I can't upload the garmin on my iPad. Ran from the hotel to the path that runs along the water front. Pretty sweet!

Monday - August 18

In Vancouver today. We said goodbye to the New York group who had to get to the airport early. The San Diego crew leave this evening and the ohio group are on the red eye. Everyone else stays at least one more day in Vancouver and some of us are here until Wednesday .

Sunday - August 17

Today was a total cruise day. This is why I don't really like cruising ! There is only so much food you can eat and alcohol you can drink! Thankfully, it was a beautiful day, so we could hang outside on the deck . Saw pods of humpback whales and dolphin, which was cool. It was like a totally different cruise with the warm, sunny weather - lots of people in the pool or laying around the pool and everyone running around in shorts.

The scenery continues to be gorgeous, but compared with the scenery along the Alaskan coast, especially with the glaciers, it's a little less impressive, still fantastic though! I think I've used the word "spectacular" more times this last week then I have in my life!

amd723's Training Log

August 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races

• Great Smoky Mountain Half Marathon (Run)
    9/20/2014 Townsend, Tennessee
  • Cherokee Harvest Half (Run)
    10/18/2014 Bryson City, Florida
  • Wildhorse (Run)
    11/2/2014 Brandon, Florida

Totals

• August's totals
  • July's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals