Bike
  • 1h 05m 11s
  • 11.00 miles
  • 10.13 Mi/hr

Bike was so-so, I think I could have done it faster, but I was so tired from the swim and I was also a bit intimidated after hearing about how taxing the run would be so I think I kind of took it easy.

Run
  • 37m 15s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 12m 01s /Mi

Holy crap this was hard. The run was more like a hike that was up and down some of what felt like the steepest hills on Long Island. I had to walk more than I thought I would, but I also didn't expect the "run" to be like this.

Swim
  • 21m 09s
  • 800.00 yards
  • 02m 38s /100 yards

Much better swim results than I thought I was going to have. I got off to a rocky start as I got kicked in the face which was a new experience. I think I might have tried to go too fast in the beginning and I was shot after the first 440yds but I knew that I had to just keep going.

Overall Time 2:16:03 141/156 I finished my first triathlon today. It is such an amazing feeling that I have right now. I feel a little like a superhero. I finished my first triathlon today and I can't tell you (but I am sure you all know) how great this feeling is. I finished it and, here's the great news, I didn't finish last, close (141/156) but not last. I did the Schiff Scout Off Road Triathlon here on Long Island. It is an XTerra series race and it was way harder than I thought it would be. The "run" or should we call it hike, was extremely hard, lots of very steep hills that were almost like the steepest staircase you could imagine, but I did better on the swim than I thought I would do and the bike was so-so. I may have chosen a too difficult tri for my first time out and I am looking forward to doing an "on-road" triathlon next year. I can honestly say that this was the hardest, but still most rewarding and enjoyable thing I have ever done. There was actually a lady there who said she has done 11 tris and this one was the hardest, so that gives me some confidence as I move forward. When I crossed the finish line and heard the people cheering and saw my wife, I felt like I was going to cry. I just kept saying to myself over and over again, "I DID IT!!"

Bike
  • 30m
  • 5.60 miles
  • 11.20 Mi/hr

Pre rode the bike course for tomorrow's race. It is a 5.6 mile loop done twice - just did one today.

The eve of my first triathlon. I am a bit nervous about it, but I know that I have trained for this and I know I can do the distances. I really don't want to finish last though. My goal is to finish in somewhere around 1:50. I will have a better idea today as I am going to ride the bike trail (1 five mile loop - the race is two loops) after this afternoon, I will have a good idea how long the 10 miles will take me tomorrow. I am going to walk through the transitions this afternoon also so I can put my mind at ease about packing up for tomorrow. ---------------------- I just got back from the race pre-reg. I did the bike course today, (1 loop - 2 tomorrow) The bike course is a bit more challenging than I thought. It is actually just as tough, if not tougher, than RP. Tough hills with sand and gravel etc. I now have resorted to telling myself that I just want to finish tomorrow, which is a change from earlier in the week when I said I wanted to do it in 1:45. It is going to be hard.

Day off today - First triathlon ever on Sunday. Looking forward to it and trying desperately to relax. I can't believe that school starts in week. I am actually looking forward to getting back in that routine, and going to the gym early, before work. I am actually looking forward to being the one at the gym at 5am who HAS done a triathlon. I am also looking forward to sharing this experience with some of my students and players.
Swim
  • 24m 22s
  • 910.00 yards
  • 02m 41s /100 yards

Run
  • 19m
  • 2.00 miles
  • 09m 30s /Mi

Easy jog today as I continue to taper for my first triathlon on Sunday. I will swim tomorrow and try out the wetsuit vest. Then take all day Friday off.

Run
  • 45m
  • 2.50 miles
  • 18m /Mi

Walked 2.5 miles with Cindy after swimming

Swim
  • 33m 36s
  • 1310.00 yards
  • 02m 34s /100 yards

910 yds in 24:48 - 2m 44s /100 yds

4x100 yds
2:02
2:14
2:15
2:17

I actually felt pretty good in the pool today. I was able to freestyle swim the first 210 yds without switching stroke types, which made me feel like some of the training is starting to pay off. If I am able to swim 2:44/100yds in the race on Sunday, I will finish the swim portion in 24:00, which would be great for me. I would like to finish the swim in 25 min, the bike in 45 min and the run in 35 min which would be a total of 1:45 plus t1 and t2 times which will take me somewhere around 1:50 for the race.

Bike
  • 1h 10m 26s
  • 12.30 miles
  • 10.48 Mi/hr

Not a very good ride, I think i was saving myself becuase I did a brick today. A long one with a 3.75 mile run after the bike. I fell at about mile ten and hit my head/neck/left shoulder on a tree. My bike is now screwed up and I have to get it fixed asap. No diamond hills.

Run
  • 38m 35s
  • 3.75 miles
  • 10m 17s /Mi

Tired, hot and soar. Very slow.

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Overall Workout: 2

mscotthall's Training Log

August 2005 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20