THURSDAY
Cloudy skies
High 66F
Low 51F
Run
  • 58m 09s
  • 3.60 miles
  • 16m 09s /Mi

To CVS and back again. Needed to get some new heads for the electric tooth brush. Decided I'd just walk there. So very European of me.

Spent the bulk of the day on the couch, waiting to feel human again. 

Bike
  • 2h 47m 08s
  • 39.55 miles
  • 14.20 Mi/hr

This started out really auspiciously. New bikes, beautiful day, a little chilly, and Chris' birthday!

Ended up exhausted, hot, cramped, pain everywhere, and SLOOOOWWWWW.

The bike fit is 100% off. My neck, arms, back, shoulders, knees and FEET were complaining after mile 15 ish. Waaaaay too much shoulder and arm involvement. I was in the push up position the entire ride.

Need a shorter stem and maybe need to move the seat forward. Will check this out tomorrow.

Chris' birthday dinner @ Atwater's in Geneva. 

Birthday toast at the neighborhood party! 

Going to head on over to the gym today and do a little lifting before the timeclocks are fully instituted in this hellhole. 

Meh. I got here earlyish, and they decided to move my desk again. I am now right along the window, in a really nice location. All alone! No one will even know I'm here! I am Milton. Reincarnated as a woman. And without my stapler. 

So, no time to go to the gym. We have workouts planned for Saturday and Sunday, so... I will take today as a rest. 2 days in a row can really do a girl in. 

I would like to start lifting again, though. Add that to the list. 

Chris cleaned out the garage to make way for our new bikes... in doing so, we found ANOTHER TERRY BUTTERFLY SADDLE! It's clearly used... I don't know why I have it, but I'm STOKED. I was going to order one for my CX bike but NOW I DON'T HAVE TO!  It takes literally nothing to make me happy. 

4 bikes hanging from the ceiling over my car. 4 bikes hanging on the walls. 2 bikes downstairs on the trainer. 10 bikes. And look at all of the wheels! 

WE HAVE TEN BIKES, PEOPLE!! 

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 59m 38s
  • 3.60 miles
  • 16m 33s /Mi

Got a refill on my Meloxicam... which I am trying not to take... but I don't want to run out of... so... I walked to pick it up.

Look! 2 pink days in a row! What's wrong here!!!!??!?!

Met my mother for lunch. She said (and I quote) "you've really started putting on the weight in the last year..." so... it's not just my imagination and the dryer isn't shrinking my pants... it's true. I'm getting fat. My MOTHER has noticed. Signing up for IMWI should take care of that, especially since I will be able to work out all winter long this year, something that usually just doesn't happen... Or let's say HASN'T happened in a pretty long time. There have been surgeries every spring! Or generalized debilitation after I tore my ACL in 2012. 

So, this winter will be different. I will train all winter long and come into IM training with a decent base, not just jumping into the pool and getting on my bike for the first time in April. Those springtime workouts are so HARD because I'm weak as a newborn kitten and I'm under the Ironman gun. Would be nice to be able to build UPON something rather than having to BUILD something next summer. And, maybe get rid of like 15 lbs. Ugh. 

So, ummmm yes. I signed up. IMWI 2017 here I come again. Chris too. 

Swim
  • 55m
  • 2351.27 yards
  • 02m 20s /100 yards

200 warm up every 4th back stroke
300 ( 75 easy, 75 fast, 50 easy, 50 fast, 25 easy, 25 fast )
200 pull every 5th backstroke
200 descend by 50's (ha.)

250 IM ( 25 fly, 50 back, 75 breast, 100 free)
250 something I don't recall
250 IM again
250 again something I don't recall

2 x 100 kick
50 cool down
--------------
2150 M

Swim tonight felt less terrible than the swim on Monday, so that's good. 

Didn't get the bikes yesterday. 

Swimming tonight. Maybe we'll pick 'em up tomorrow. I'm taking a couple of days away from N. Korea. 

I totally rocked it on Monday, then,  bc I nearly drowned.  

So, last night, after my beating in the pool, I went home and tried to pull my car into the garage. Pressed the button on the door opener thingy and the door went up like 4 inches. Pressed it again. Same thing. 

Got out of the car and tried the keypad. Same thing. 

For some unknown reason, I don't have a GODFORSAKEN house key on my key ring. So I cased the joint, looking for a way to break in. 

Found a rather easy entrance through a window, (which is a little frightening, seeing as I am a very inexperienced burglar) I had to remove the screen and just lift the window up enough to crawl in. Molly was under the kitchen table watching this whole thing unfold with fear and anger in her eyes... ready to eviscerate the intruder. It's good to know she's a decent guard cat. 

Spring snapped on the garage door. Needs to be replaced. Chris is home, so that's his job for today. It's a really good thing this didn't happen Sunday night! My car would be stuck inside the garage and I'd be stranded at home! I'd have to miss work! 

(Wait, is that really a bad thing?)

Tonight we're picking up the new bikes, I think! 

For those of you dying of curiosity regarding the toaster actually (finally) purchased, I give you this: 

Parker's NEW TOASTER

Let's go back, what do you say? 

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 45m
  • 1859.14 yards
  • 02m 25s /100 yards

350 warm up
200 pull with paddles
2 x 200
1) breathing by 50's 3/5/3/5
2) build to fast (No. I have one speed, and it's called "struggle")
100 easy back
3 x 50 I don't remember what this was. I shortened it from 3 x 100
2 x 200 pull (Breathing 3/5/3/5 by 50's again. This went to shit pretty quickly)
100 cool down
----------------
1700 M

I am missing something, bc when she added it up for me it was 1900. So maybe there was an extra 200 in there that I've blocked out, so as not to traumatize myself.

My arms are sore. Like ZOMG sore. Ow. Back sore. Neck sore. I felt like a walrus. I suppose I have to go back on Wednesday night so that I swim more than once every couple of months. My feel for the water should return, I hope. This was literally enough to make me cry.
I knew the guy in the lane next to me... someone I have handily beat. But... not anymore!

Am toying with the idea of swimming tonight. Wouldn't that be a novelty!?

Somewhere along the way I stopped posting photos from the trip... 

Here's the collage from the Louvre and the Rodin Museum:

Whizzzzz's Training Log

September 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance
Time