High 49F
Low 38F
SATURDAY
Overcast
High 48F
Low 40F
Strength
  • 35m

Sort of abbreviated. Had a very awkward conversation with a woman that is barely an acquaintance about losing our baby. She apparently didn't know that we lost the baby. I think the last time I saw her I may have been pregnant... it was that long ago. Anyway, she proceeded to ask me why we don't pursue having children if it's what we want? And then she asked me why we haven't adopted? She even told me I could put the word out and maybe some HS kid who gets knocked up would want to have us raise their baby. (???)

I can't make this shit up

People think you just decide to be a parent and it happens; the skies open up and it starts raining babies. The waiting list for adoption is long. Very long. And/or complex. And expensive. I stood there explaining all of this to her, and then I was like "WHY THE HELL AM I HAVING THIS CONVERSATION?" So I made up and excuse and stopped having it.
----
My lifting was sort of wrecked after that. I was not in the "zone"

Quad extensions
Hamstring curls
Inner and outer hips abductors and adductors
FreeMotion Squat machine
Bicep curls
Upright rows with 30 lbs kettlebell
Some other leg stuff I can't remember.

9:05 AM: Lifting at lunchtime. Or something in the middle of the day here.... then maybe a swim? Or maybe my 4 mile walk? Don't know. We'll see how things shape up. Chris has a full rest day. This is very unusual.

•  Rest
  • Lift
  • Lift Again
  • Bike 1
  • Long Bike (2 hours)
  • Short Run (short route)
  • Med Run (4 ish miles)
  • Long Run (2 hours?)
  • Swim
  • Swim Again

No social commitments on the schedule this week. This is good. Possible happy hour on Friday, but I don't know if I'm going to go or not. I work from home on Fridays and the thought of getting all showered and dressed and GOING OUT is sort of... Meh. We'll see.

Run
  • 1h 44m 41s
  • 7.02 miles
  • 14m 54s /Mi

I think this is my longest "run" under 15/min mile. I'd like to be at about 15/min mile for Ironman. We'll see. This was a pretty hard effort for me. Getting better/fitter/leaner every day, methinks. Starting to feel some of the benefits of all of this exercise. It took almost 4 months. Sheesh.

Ran into Chris on the riverfront path. 

• Long Run (1:45)
  • Longer swim Saturday AM? 

So, again I have a leftover swim. Next week my goal will be to swim twice. FOR GOD'S SAKE why is this so hard? 

Bike
  • 2h 00m 03s
  • -----
  • -----

I walked around the house for an hour in my bike clothes and with my Garmin in my hand. I had a really hard time making this happen today. But it happened. So. There.

Watched Million Dollar Baby.

2:15 PM: I have put it off long enough. It's time for me to get onto the trainer. And ride the damn bike. I don't want to, but this Ironman is not going to train for itself. Additionally, and sort of as an aside, I am going to Mexico with Agnes next month and it certainly wouldn't kill me to burn a few calories, so I look less obnoxious in a bikini. 

Listed a bunch of stuff on eBay this AM. I have so much crap. Why do I buy so much crap? WHY?

Bike
  • 1h 10m 36s
  • 17.30 miles
  • 14.70 Mi/hr

CX BIKE

The standard path ride. Terrible headwind on the way out, but a really nice tailwind on the way back!

It's looking like it's gonna be a 1:00 bike today on the trainer. Gag. I've had enough of the trainer. The weather here is shitty.

11:35 AM: EXCEPT WHEN IT'S NOT! Gorgeous day! Warm! Sunny! A little windy but BEAUTIFUL. Snuck out for an early AM bike ride on the CX bike. Chris is taking my CX wheels to his race this weekend, so I had to ride early before he left! My first time out this year! It's so NICE to be OUTSIDE! 

The moral of the story is this: In Illinois from late February to mid May, you should have ALL OF YOUR WORKOUT clothes at the ready, if you intend to train outside. You'll need the fleece, the tights, the little sleeveless tops, the vests, the jackets, the shorts, the arm warmers, the arm coolers, the heavy hats, the sun visors and everything else in your arsenal. Anything can happen and usually does. 

• Bike 1:00 
  • Long Bike 2 hours (Please not on the trainer)
  • Longer swim Saturday AM? 

Run
  • 39m 16s
  • 2.65 miles
  • 14m 49s /Mi

Calculated risk to see if I could take the 5:04 train home and still have time for some sort of activity... worked out fine. I love Daylight Savings! I can actually *do* something outside after work! It's cold and windy, but at least it's not cold, windy and DARK.

Barely outwalked an impending storm. Smelled like rain the whole time.

Strength
  • 40m

Lat pull downs (WHY WHY WHY do I try this? Seem to have fucked up my back again.)
Quad Extenssions ( I can see a VMO and a quad muscle. This is very encouraging )
Hamstring curls
Hip adductors and abductors
Goblet squats, 40 lb kettlebell
Ab machine in 2 different positions.
Bosu ball lunges with 3 lb weights in each hand
Balance work on Bosu ball without shoes
Bicep curls standing on one leg
Lateral side bends with 25 lb kettlebell

My back. I may have to see a chiropractor or something. It hasn't gotten any better, and it continues to be pretty f'ing painful. I have zero desire to be cracked and whacked or whatever. So I don't know. I'm going to have to find someone that appears trustworthy.

Last night's party. Meh. Felt kinda bad for the guy. Hardly anyone showed up.

• Bike 1:00
  • Lift again
  • Short Run (2.5 miles) 
  • Longer swim Saturday AM? 

12:56 PM: Office full of people. I just sneezed. Not a single person said "bless you"

That is the difference between SF and AIG.

At SF 3-4 people would make you soup, bring you a box of Kleenex or get you a throat lozenge!

I'd rather be working from home. Like this:

2:55 PM: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand. It's a rest day. That's OK. I can still probably get my nails done on Friday. Don't you worry.  Pinged some of my CL pals regarding a possible Saturday morning swimmy up there. Then if it's nice, I can ride later in the afternoon outside. We shall see.

•  Bike 1:00
  • Lift again
  • Short Run (2.5 miles) 
  • Longer swim ( I have conjured up a workout)
  • Rest

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Whizzzzz's Training Log

March 2017 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance