• Extension Torture Device
  • 30m

6:35 - 8:05

Sport #2
  • 30m

8:55 - 9:25

Most unpleasant.

May take a recovery day. Seems sort of wimpy to take one today when I just took one on Friday, but I slept through my proposed AM workout and I have an errand to run for a friend after work. Maybe I can do a bike ride or something once I get home after I drop off this stuff for my friend. We'll see. Sort of a shame to burn my recovery day today.

Well this doesn't look good...

Run
  • 1h 14m 36s
  • 4.43 miles
  • 16m 50s /Mi

Ummmmm yeah... so these "long walks" are going to take, literally, FOREVER. I went a little over 4 miles and it took 1:14. Jesus. I could race my pet turtle. And lose!

It's still a marathon in the 6's I think. That's a lie. It's like a 7:20 marathon. GRRRR So, that's ((NOT)) comforting. Just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other one, and treat my knee nicely on the off days.

Sport
  • 1h 00m

8:30 - 9:00 AM
9:05 - 9:35 PM
All I've got in me these days is 2 sessions of this horrible torture device. It's a rented unit or I'd take great pleasure in it's total destruction whenever I can stop using it. I'd seriously throw it in front of a garbage truck or off of a building or something. FUCK IT. Ow.

Post walk BBQ @ Trudy's house. We mounted Rita Gaspar, my convertible car.

Stop staring at my farmer tan. I know you see it. It's there, alright.

Bike
  • 1h 18m 48s
  • 17.02 miles
  • 12.96 Mi/hr

Easy easy easy easy recovery ride with Trudy and Chris. On the path. Tourist-like. Almost a waste of a good pair of shorts. Used chamois cream so things were a bit better lubricated than they were yesterday... I was left with some... let's say... "issues" after yesterday's ride. Lots of time in aero and no chamois cream = "issues".

Sport
  • 1h 00m

8:30 - 9:00 AM
4:20 - 4:50 PM

Bike
  • 3h 11m 35s
  • 54.59 miles
  • 17.12 Mi/hr

This was supposed to be a bit harder of an effort, and it was... steady wind from the south had the grass blowing sideways. Pretty substantial cross when going E or W, but a super nice tailwind going NB.

It's impossible to replicate a race day... race pace... etc... so I was just along for the ride. This was Trudy's coaches' idea. 56 miles at race pace. Meh. Unless the streets are closed, I'm not able to relax enough to get into a "race pace".

Run
  • 20m 26s
  • 1.21 miles
  • 16m 53s /Mi

T run.
Hahaha
T walk.
T rex. I didn't want to do it, but I did.

Sport
  • 30m

2:55 - 3:25

Sport
  • Massage
  • 1h 00m

At Xsport with Mindy. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

RECOVERY DAY. 

Jesus. It's been a while since I:

1) hit every workout during the week

2) have felt this tired. 

Correlation? Probably. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Bike
  • 4h 14m 11s
  • 66.96 miles
  • 15.81 Mi/hr

Brutal wind. I'm still shelled.
Not sure why this seemed so hard today, but it did.
Wind from the North West originally, then we turned around and it was from the South West?
Felt like a head wind the whole way.

Heading out the door to meet Trudy for a bonus long ride. I sure as hell hope it warms up a bit. It's cloudy and 45 at present. Supposed to get to be sunny and 70... but...  as with all things in life... I will believe it when I see it. Adios! Back around 2 or so! 

Well look at that map! 

Bike
  • 46m 02s
  • 12.78 miles
  • 16.66 Mi/hr

Watching the next two episodes of YOUNGER. Oh boy... you should check it out if you're a 40ish woman who thinks you're young and spry... like I do. Some parts make me laugh... and some parts... make me CRINGE. Ugh.

Swim
  • 1h 12m 03s
  • 3280.84 yards
  • 02m 12s /100 yards

I resurrected an old swim from some training in the past. The ghost of swims past.

300 swim warm up
300 drill
200 kick on back with fins
3 x 200 descending
100 kick on back with fins
3 x 200 pull
3 x 100 descending
10 x 50 on 1:05
100 cool down
-------------

Sport
  • 30m

7:55 - 8:25

FTP went up 10 watts from the last power test. This is moving in the right direction. 

CLICKY CLICKY ^^^

Swim tonight. Was going to go to Masters, but I think I may just shoot over to XSport and get it in over there. I'd like to swim a bit longer... and Masters just doesn't seem to be putting on the long swims lately. Off work tomorrow and going to do a long ride (that I didn't get to do last weekend due to wedding festivities...)

Rest on Friday. Meeting Jeff (Q!) for drinks since he's in town. Saturday another ride. Sunday a long walk. Monday another ride. Weather permitting, of course.

And... now I'm quoting ROCKY. Does this mean I've jumped the shark?

AAAAAAADDDDDRRRRRRIIIIIAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!

I guess the crux of it is this:It doesn't matter that I'm training to walk a marathon with a mostly defunct left limb. And that I have decided to do an Ironman instead of get a knee replacement. And that my only goal is to swim at least a 1:20 and hammer hammer hammer that bike. Then just walk. Like in a parade. For 7 or 8 or 9 hours or so. It doesn't matter. It's what I've gotta do... mostly because I already paid over $1000.00 to do it, so I'm gonna fight to do it. As per Rocky Balboa.

Whizzzzz's Training Log

May 2015 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
Time
  • May's totals