FRIDAY
Partly Cloudy
High 89F
Low 67F
Bike
  • 1h 13m 46s
  • 24.80 miles
  • 20.20 Mi/hr

Pushed pushed pushed this, but apparently not hard enough. Still had some gas in the tank when I finished. Was looking for 21 MPH average, especially since I wasn't running afterwards, but the hairpin turns (5 of them) really slowed me down. I passed a ton of people, but in the scheme of things, this wasn't a SPECTACULAR bike ride. Not terrible, but not 100% what I was looking for.

According to power data Weighted Average Power was 162. I'm not sure what that means. Will have to ask Chris. My new power meter also calculates L v R legs, but I don't know where that data is. Will have to ask Chris about that too.

Swim
  • 32m 37s
  • 1640.42 yards
  • 01m 59s /100 yards

Meh. Water was cold and I tried very hard to concentrate on going in a straight line. I forgot my goggles so had to borrow a pair from a stranger. My friend Julie saved my ass... she was working Transition and just happened to have another friend doing the race who just happened to have a spare pair of goggles. WTF! I swear to GOD I packed them. But... they're not in my bag. So. I apparently didn't pack them.

Well, that was fun! Photos, info, data, etc to come. Going to take a teeny tiny nappy. 

My pal Ali Engin was there taking pictures. He does some really cool sports photography stuff with the blurred background and whatnot. And the shadow. Pretty freaking cool. 

Run
  • 41m 06s
  • 2.53 miles
  • 16m 14s /Mi

Along the lake front path down in Brant's neighborhood. B and C ran.

Bike
  • 10m 28s
  • 2.45 miles
  • 14.04 Mi/hr

Just testing out my new pedals and making sure the power meter is reading. New cleats are weird and slippery. Also new pedals that were installed in the beginning of Aug have gotten stuck in my old cranks so Chris had to switch his crank from his old Felt to Spartacus. Crank arm is slightly shorter, so we raised up the seat. I've been wanting to raise my seat for a while.

All of these last minute adjustments. Right before a race. Apparently I never learn.

So it's the Chicago Triathlon Relay Weekend! Woot!

Resting today.

Tomorrow doing the long walk, which should be like 8-9 miles or so. Then heading down to the city to go to the Expo with Brant and Chris, and attend our MANDATORY COURSE TALK. (what a crock of crap!) 

Then, dinner or something... then sleep, then RELAY on Sunday AM! I want to feel fresh enough to REALLY push the pace on the bike on Sunday. We'll see. I'm tired. I'm feeling really really tired. Hopefully Brant feels spry and all revved up, because I'm gonna need him to make up the time I lose by WALKING from the swim all the way to the transition area. It's a long way. I can try to sort of skip or something... but I am not certain that will make up any measurable time. 

Bike
  • 1h 08m 20s
  • 19.15 miles
  • 16.81 Mi/hr

Easy flat ride with Amy. It's getting darker earlier! I don't like it! We're closing in on Ironman. I don't know where the summer has gone. I have spent so much of it sitting on a bike saddle.

Ridin' bikes tonight.

Swim
  • 56m 42s
  • 3000.00 yards
  • 01m 53s /100 yards

Swim.
Was supposed to be 55 min but we were 100 short of 3000 so we went a wee bit over.

Bike
  • 3h 28m 34s
  • 56.18 miles
  • 16.20 Mi/hr

Bike.
Was supposed to be maybe 55 miles, or maybe 4.5 hours, but we over shot a bit on the miles and undershot by an hour on the time. Haha. So 56 miles it was.

Run
  • 33m 12s
  • 1.92 miles
  • 17m 17s /Mi

Run.
Originally was going to be 4.5 miles, but we were so hungry we decided to do 45 minutes. Then we just said fuck it and turned around. So 1.92 miles it is.

Well my friends, today was the world famous (okmaybenotreally) 45/55 L & T Triathlon. The last time we did this, it was 2011, and the race was called 41/51. Read all about it here.

To make it official, we had body marking:

I was #45, she was #55.

We had race bibs. (But we didn't wear them... we forgot!)

I petted a really small horse. (Probably a pony? Looked like a pony I guess. I've never seen one in person... I don't think...?)

And we stopped for refreshments in Hebron. 

We have each plowed our own paths in life. From preparation for an IM, to every aspect of daily living. We do the best we can with what we have. Head down, forge forward. Get it done.

Compare yourself to no one else. We all have our specific sets of strengths and weaknesses. Triumphs and troubles. Be yourself. Compare yourself to no one else.

The only thing I have to be is better than myself yesterday.

(These have been Laura's Daily Affirmations for today, August 25, 2015.)

Tomorrow we will return to our regularly scheduled programming. And maybe a workout or two. Or three. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 9

Whizzzzz's Training Log

August 2015 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
Time