Low 30F
SATURDAY
Blowing snow
High 38F
Low 22F
Sport
  • Massage
  • 1h 30m

My neck and back are both a jacked up mess. It's impacting both of my shoulders and I can't sleep. Today on the list of things I must accomplish are the following:

1. Obtain a deep tissue massage
  2. Purchase a new Tempur Pedic pillow
  3. List more shit on eBay. 

Run
  • 1h 27m 23s
  • 5.30 miles
  • 16m 29s /Mi

A slight over achievement on a very gorgeous and unexpectedly warm February day!

• Run 2 (1:20)
  • Bike 3 (1:15)

Swim
  • 1h 05m
  • 3200.00 yards
  • 02m 02s /100 yards

I missed the warm up. In true Laura form.

Jumped in at 4 x (12x 50 + 400 pull)

Actually did 3 x (12 x 50 + 400 pull)

and a 200 cool down.

With Trudy and Sue and Julie and a bunch of other people I didn't know, but were all doing the same workout.

3200 yards.

• Swim 3 (?)

Peter and me and Vik. The 3 of us have put in a lot of miles together over the years and it was great to catch up. Vik's doing IMWI this year...however we couldn't convince Peter. The race is still open so we'll keep working on him.

At any rate, made plans to ride with these guys on Monday nights again. We're getting the band back together! I'm so looking forward to this!  

Strength
  • 40m

All of the usual suspects, although I laid off the upper back bc I'm having some tightness in my upper back and neck and shoulders. I don't know if it's from sitting on the train and reading my phone and/or book or if it's from my pillow or what, but something is going on in my neck.

Something is always going on someplace. Add it to the list.

Deadlift 135 today. This is pretty much it. I can do 8 reps and 6 reps and then I thought I was going to drop the bar. Seems to be a grip strength issue, though, not a leg strength issue, so that's good, right?

• Lift 2
  • Swim 3 (?)

Lifting at lunch. Then Happy Hour after work... then swimming tomorrow morning at 7:30 AM up in Crystal Lake. Woot! Weather is supposed to be gorgeous all weekend, and we're off for President's Day on Monday too!

I can't wait!

I think I'm going to clean the house this weekend. I don't know how to stay on top of this task. I'd have to get Chris and the cats to move out. Then I could stay on top of the house, since I'm not home that much to mess anything up.

So, I can live an empty life, devoid of my husband and pets, ORRRRR I can have a spotless house. God it's a toss up, but I'm gonna go with the man and the cats. Sometimes it's close, though. 

Or.

I CAN HIRE A CLEANING LADY.

(or MAN... I'm equal opportunity) 

Bike
  • 50m
  • -----
  • -----

On my fave stationary bike. For some unknown reason I am sincerely enjoying riding this spin bike in the abandoned upstairs of my weird little work gym. Who knows where you will find inspiration... or where inspiration will find you? Haha

Run
  • 33m
  • 2.00 miles
  • 16m 30s /Mi

This was not nearly as exciting for me. More like drudgery on the hamsterwheel.

• Lift 2
  • Run 1 (45 M)
  • Bike 1 (50 M)
  • Swim 3 (?)

"MOUNT ME" said the spin bike! 

My high tech data collection devices.

45 minutes on the treadmill at lunch and 50 min on my fave spinner after work! I'll lift tomorrow. I still need another day to recover. What the hell did I do to myself!??? WHY am I so sore!?
Also made plans to swim with Trudy on Saturday AM, so that's going to happen...It's supposed to be so nice outside this weekend. Maybe I will do my 1:20 outside after swimming.

Got all wound up in work stuff and skipped my treadmill time @ lunch. Am going to cut out of here early and do it all after work. Like a brick. I'll do the bike ride and then a half hour on the treadmill. Ugh. I don't have any socks either. So I'm going to have to do it all without socks.

Bike
  • 40m
  • -----
  • -----

On my favorite spin bike. No one rides these bikes but me. My bike is always set up for me, my settings, my resistance. It's pretty freaking nice.

Listened to my Natasha Bedingfield play list on shuffle. Holy 2006.

This was all moderate tempo, sort of a zone 2ish into low zone 3 ride. No intervals. Just spinning out my legs which are super super sore.

Swim
  • 50m
  • 2296.59 yards
  • -----

Masters. It was just me and Chris. It was pretty uninspired. I had a Jamba Juice kale and ginger smoothie on the train before swimming and I felt like I was going to hurl it up the entire time I was in the pool. Why do I keep ingesting stuff before these workouts?

• Lift 2
  • Run 1 (45 M)
  • Bike 1 (50 M)
  • Bike 2 (40 M)
  • Swim 2
  • Swim 3 (?)

Swimming tonight and Bike 2 at lunch.

The spin bike at the gym. Not too shabby. I actually like riding it better than my own bike. Ha.

Whizzzzz's Training Log

February 2017 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28    

Time
Distance
Time
  • February's totals