SATURDAY
Moderate or heavy rain shower
High 81F
Low 66F
SUNDAY
Sunny
High 79F
Low 62F

I am SO SORE. SO SORE. Like unusually sore. Wondering if this is because I am walking longer distances with the orthotics? The podiatrist said I'd experience muscle soreness throughout my legs, and he wasn't kidding. Shins, calves, quads, and everything in between front and back. Wow. 

But the PF is on the mend, so that's good! 

Run
  • 47m 29s
  • 2.71 miles
  • 17m 31s /Mi

With Chris. Feet and knee have had about enough walking. Over 7 miles in 2 days.

9:09 AM: Made it to work. The stress level just sky rockets the moment I walk thru the door. I come down off the stress by like Mid-Saturday, then jack it straight back up Monday AM. 

Run
  • 1h 12m 41s
  • 4.36 miles
  • 16m 40s /Mi

To CVS and then to the rest of my short loop. Feet felt great til the very very end. Knee feels a little sore and stiff... STILL. AGAIN. I'm trying to kick the MOBIC but it helps *so* much. Maybe I'll take it every other day thru Paris... then work on kicking the rest of it to the curb when we get back.

Feeling better. I was bloated, tired and sluggish. I have no idea what's going on, but on Friday my feet retained so much water I could barely fit into my shoes. I've been sleeping in compression socks. As of this AM, I am normal again. 

Went for a longish walk. Needed to pick up an RX from CVS, so I walked there. Since I was feeling pretty good, I continued onto my normal route. This was my longest walk since surgery. PF didn't start to act up til the very end. This is good news! 

Um yes. It seems as though watching OTHERS exercise does not have the same training benefit as actually DOING THE ACTIVITIES YOURSELF. What? 

THANK GOD for the closing ceremonies. I have done an unprecedented amount of Olympics viewing this time, largely due to TiVo. I love it and hate it at the same time! 

Slept a looooooooong time.

Got up, it was raining... so I decided I'd do ALL THE LAUNDRY which includes the bathroom rugs, the kitchen rugs, clean the whole kitchen, dust the dining room and the hallway... clean the toilets and showers... then I went to the mall to return a pair of pants. 

By the time I got back it was 6pm. Had a glass of wine and we settled in to watch the rest of the Olympic track & field stuff. 

So. No workout. I meant to bike. I didn't. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 10

So, I have to do something tonight. Maybe a bike ride? 

Got home after dark last night. Too late to ride bikes. Watched the Olympics and went to bed. Still way too late. As much as I love the Olympics, it's been 2 weeks of events and I've been up until 11-11:30 every night! I'm tired! I need my non-Olympic routine back! 

Oh. First World problems. 

Came home after work, took off my clothes, put on my PJs and went to bed. Napped from 5:30 to 7:30. Got up to have dinner, watch Olympics and then go back to bed. Stress. 

Bwaaaahahahahahahaa. What a disaster. Ryan Lochte. Seriously. 

MY COMMENTARY FROM THE LONDON OLYMPICS: (2012)

In other news: I've been staying up too late watching the Olympics! It's terrible! Yet awesome! I've been wanting to see the men's RINGS competition, but they haven't really been showing any of it... until LAST NIGHT at like 10:25. I was already in bed, trying to sleep, when I heard it on the TV. So I got my ass out of bed and plunked it down on the couch next to Chris and watched the men's rings and vault final until 11 PM. The rings just astound me. It's frightening to think of the STRENGTH necessary to pull off even the CRAPPIEST of rings routines. But some of the routines we saw? WOW. It's mesmerizing! And I have issues with the TRX straps sometimes! I mean COME ON! And don't even get me started on the vault. You couldn't pay me enough to run full speed (which would likely be way too slow) at that horse and fling myself over it. I'd break my neck. I'd break the vaulting horse. It would be a costly and damaging endeavor that would leave the audience disappointed.

This is why I am not a gymnast. We all have our talents. I list neither running nor gymnastics amongst mine. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 10

Instead of riding my bike I went out for birthday drinks and sushi with these girls last night ^^^^

Tonight I wanted to go for a bike ride, but instead we've got a GLOBAL ENTRY PROGRAM interview set up at the airport immediately after work. Just what I always wanted! To sit in traffic on the way to the airport in rush hour! ACK! Hopefully this temporary inconvenience will make travel a wee bit more seamless when we take off for Paris later this month. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

Whizzzzz's Training Log

August 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
Time