TUESDAY
Partly Cloudy
High 43F
Low 30F
WEDNESDAY
Blowing snow
High 37F
Low 22F

Holiday party at my neighbor's house tonight. Fa lalalala-la-la-la-la! Need to be awake and conscious for at least some of it.

Chicken soup. A shot of Nyquil. Water. And I was in bed by 9:00 PM. I've a nasty cold.

Sold 3 more eBay items. I'm a freaking eBay machine.

• Health data: Hours slept: 10
Sport
  • Trainer Ronsky
  • 1h 00m

Chest. Upper back. Core. Boxing again. He sent me the workout thingy but I don't have time to upload anything. Work is eating me alive. That is all.

10:39 AM: Sooooooooo... woke up in the middle of the night last night with arthritis pain in my knee so bad that it was making me sweat. Decided that today I'm going to call the HMO and see if I can somehow get back into my ORIGINAL ortho and get a cortisone injection to tide me over til I can get into the big guy. HMO says no. I will need another PCP appointment, another referral and another Ortho Appt at their ortho. Whoever is associated with their medical group. I am about to rip my hair out.

I have never done anything this complex before in my life. Here. There. This referral. That doctor. That group. This doctor. Blah blah blah. Let the record reflect I will *never* sign up for an HMO again. No matter what. I had a stupid experience with the HMO in the 1990s and I am having a stupid experience with them now. Never. Again. NO NO NO.

Run
  • 40m 15s
  • 2.01 miles
  • -----

7.0 on the treadmill. Walking. Uphill.

Sport
  • Rowing
  • 18m

Thought I'd try the rowing machine, see how all that bending feels on the knee. Meh. Tolerable. I think I get a better workout on the uphill treadmill, but it won't kill me to add this every now and again.

1:45 PM: Am thinking I'll have the boots done closer to home at a more reputable place. That's off the list til this weekend. Woot! More and more eBay stuff is selling! I'm not exactly going to get rich doing this, but I can get rid of some stuff and maybe make a little $$ too.

Sport
  • Trainer Ronsky
  • 1h 00m

Upper back
Biceps
Some corework
Boxing.
ZOMG. Welcome back to me.

7:21 AM: I've been making it a habit to get into work closer to 8-815 so I don't have to stay there til all hours of the night. To that end, ta ta! 

1:46 PM: Some things I have to accomplish

• Vehicle emission testing. This was a high stakes game of creative driving through construction zones and rain in the dark. In an unfamiliar area. But I got it done. With 6 minutes to spare. You close at 6? I'll be there as a frazzled ball of nerves and sweat at 5:54, baby. 
  • Renew License Plate
  • Mail Ebay item.
  • Open up an eBay "case" against the buyer who will not pay me my $16.00 for a used pair of pants.
  • Bring my boots to the shoe guy and see if he can expand the shaft. (Heh. I said shaft)

Some of these items must be accomplished either after work or before work. Not during work. Am thinking I'll try Emission Testing tonight after work, and do shoes tomorrow after work. Now that I'm able to leave around 5, I have more time after work. Yay.

In unrelated news I've started selling stuff on eBay. I've made... (drumroll please) $69.77. I've sold 6 items. That's way more than I would have gotten if I sold the stuff to Clothes Mentor. If no one buys the remaining items, I'm going to donate them... but I figured I'd give eBay a shot. It's not as big of a hassle as I thought it would be.

In addition to my limpy gimpiness, work is an absolute madhouse. Restructuring. Again. Doing more more more with less less less has resulted in mandatory overtime on Saturdays. So, I worked almost a full day on one of my 2 days off. I don't know why I stay. The money? The vacation time? I'd have to say it's mostly the people. It's literally one of the crappiest jobs you can have where you're surrounded by THE MOST AWESOME people. Many of my life long friendships have been forged suffering through the workday. And nearly everyone I've met throughout my 22 years there has been... great. So... I guess it's a trade off? I don't know. Every day as I hobble out of work on my fucked up knee I fantasize about quitting. Not a good sign. 

But THEEEESE are the kind of people I've met... and they've been there for me... and I for them... in sunshine and in shade. ( and these are the photos I can conjure up in a matter of moments from just this past year. Imagine the archives...!!! )

This photo thing is going to be a problem. It's way too easy to upload way too many photos. Woah. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 10

Whizzzzz's Training Log

December 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
Time