Low 18F
MONDAY
Freezing fog
High 44F
Low 31F
Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 1h 05m

We didn't do the eStim today. I'm not sure it helps anyway.
Did some different exercises so as not to repeat everything we did yesterday. She un-taped my leg and pushed the SHIT out of it. We got an extra couple of degrees of extension, so I was down to -8 or so. I don't know. Dr. Sue says this is normal. So... we're gonna go with that. I am extending this leg and letting it hang, I'm enduring the full force pressing by a grown physical therapist. I'm doing terminal knee extensions at home. I'm not sure what else I can do. Maybe they could put me under anesthesia and just jam this thing into full flexion and extension and I could wake up cured.

CRUNCH

Buuuuuuuuuttttttttt.....

In encouraging news, I was able to do the step down. Off a 2.5 inch ledge. So... there's that. I was 100% incapable of making that connection last week. This week, I did it. It was ugly and my L leg was utterly exhausted, but I did it.

10:53 AM: Smallish trainer ride on the sked for tonight. 1 Episode of Parenthood. I am losing interest. It's wrapping up, though... I think I've got about 6-7 more episodes to go.

Meh. Giving my knee a rest. 

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 1h 00m

All the usual exercises + more more more more terminal knee extensions. More. More. Ow.

11:22 AM: PT today revealed the disturbing fact that my knee is straightening LESS than it has been before. I am at a 10 degree deficit today, vs. a 4 degree deficit on Monday. I am so confused. And sad. 6 degrees? In the span of 2 days? It's maddening.

LOOK AT THIS:

So, yeah. This is apparently happening.

Right? Right?

Swim
  • 45m
  • 1859.14 yards
  • 02m 25s /100 yards

200 swim
100 kick
200 pull
4 x 50 drill
100 easy, perfect form
3x (200 steady + 50 sprint)
150 cool down
-------------

Not 2000, but not 0 either, so it's a WIN!
When I got to the pool, all 4 lanes were taken. 1 person in each lane. 2 people in the lanes looked like they were executing some sort of a workout, while the other 2 were bobbing around, floating and probably peeing.

There were 3 people standing on the deck waiting for lanes.

The people standing on the deck were looking around all non chalantly, as if they stand on grimy pool decks all day for pleasure. They all avoided eye contact. I busted up to them and asked if any of them were going to approach any of the people currently in the lanes. They all said no. So I walked over to one of the guys that looked like he knew how to swim, and looked like he appreciated a workout (he was wearing a HRM... so if he's monitoring his HR during a swim, this has to be serious) and asked if I could split his lane. I got in and got my workout rolling, while the rest of the people lingered on the deck and continued to wait.

I don't know what ultimately happened... if they ever got lanes, if they gave up and went home... I don't know. I don't believe I saw any of them in the pool!

I will never understand people's reluctance to split a lane. I DON'T HAVE ALL DAY! I DON'T WANT TO STAND ON THIS CREEPY POOL DECK! LET'S SHARE A LANE! WE DON'T HAVE TO TOUCH EACH OTHER, JUST MOVE SOME WATER AROUND IN A LANE! SHEESH!

I am going to swim @ the X-Sport Cesspool tonight after work.

I have this rodent and his good wishes behind me:

I can do ANYTHING! Including (but not limited to) getting my ass to the pool for an easy 2000. We'll see how it goes.

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 1h 00m

Got a new tape job today.
Strengthening exercises + lots and lots and lots of work on the extension. Lots of work on P-ROM. FCUKING OW.

Bike
  • 52m 25s
  • 14.86 miles
  • 17.01 Mi/hr

God! It was like pulling teeth to get me on the bike today. PULLING TEETH. I didn't want to. I did all the laundry, sold items on eBay, watched a marathon of Snapped... all in an effort to NOT ride the trainer.

But I did it. And I'm glad I did.

Truth be told, my knee is bothering me a bit today. Makes it very hard to get motivated. :( I'm sick of constant pain.

Well, my arms and back are sore from swimming 1200. Annnnnd my lungs kind of hurt too! ZOMG. I've a long ways to go!

Whizzzzz's Training Log

March 2015 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
Time
  • March's totals