Low 54F

Monday - October 20

Sunday - October 19

Saturday - October 18

Run
  • 1h 33m 27s
  • 5.57 miles
  • 16m 46s /Mi

Well, will you look at that. I got up and went for a ralk. Or actually I just went for a walk, with a "W" no running took place. One of the girls from the beginner's group that I helped with over the summer is injured, so she's not able to run, but still wanted to do something, so we walked.

Over 5.5 miles. I'd say that's more than enough for my first time out. We'll see how the knee behaves. Wore my brace. Need a better brace if this is going to be my deal all summer...

So it turns out I can "run" with others. As long as they're injured and have to walk. Hahaha.

So there you have it. A masterful out and back, if I don't say so myself. Hah. I like this Garmin update because it shows the weather up there in the top R corner. 48 degrees. Cloudy. Winds 8 mph. Good to know. 

Friday - October 17

Sport
  • Trainer Ronsky
  • 55m

Was sitting at my desk... working... when all of a sudden I looked at the clock and was like... OH SHIT! I AM SUPPOSED TO BE SEEING RONNIE IN 4 MINUTES! So I bolted out the door.

I told him my shoulders were sore, so he said... "Let's do more upper body stuff!" I am waiting for him to send me the workout. Involved lots of hanging and pulling my body up. And burpees.

I was sweating like a bull's ass.

One last gasp of summer. Maybe. Right after my workout. I had the top down, and was trying to dry off the sweat under my hair and between my boobs so I could get back to work in some semblance of order. After my swim last night I coated my hair in conditioner and left it overnight. Rinsed it out this morning and conditioned it again. And this was the result. A good result, if you ask me. A good hair day. I'll take it.  I rarely wash my hair anymore. Maybe ((MAYBE)) once a week... but only if I'm feeling crazy. 

Thursday - October 16

Swim
  • 55m 43s
  • 2405.95 yards
  • 02m 19s /100 yards

Well that took longer than I thought! There was a lot of rest built in between those 50's.

100 swim/kick/pull/swim
2 x 200 build to faster/steady pace
300 easy pull
100 drill
100 IM (This was supposed to be another 100 drill... but I had to scare someone out of my lane)
4 x 50 SPRINT (:30 rest)
1) :50
2) :49
3) :50
4) :50
50 easy
6 x 50 SPRINT (:30 rest)
2) :50
3) :50
4) :50
5) :50
6) :50
(I was amazed. I couldn't go any faster or slower. I was stuck in some... gear. 1 second per M gear)
50 easy
5 x 50 SPRINT
2) :52
3) :53
4) :51
5) :52
(So this is where it sort of all started to fall apart)
100 easy
------------------
2200 M

My shoulders are *sore* Wow.

3:36 PM: The plan is to swim in the dank and dreary Xsport pool tonight. I can scarcely contain my excitement. 2200. I have my workout picked out. Nothing too taxing, and nothing too long. This will get me into the pool,which seems to be an issue lately. I should be able to execute this workout without a whole lot of rigamarole, and it should take less than an hour. Both very good things.

THROWBACK THURSDAY!

Me and a Banana Split character, circa 1975. Don't know which one this is... opinions have ranged from Drooper to Fleegle. I didn't know they had names.

Oh look. It's Drooper:

Wednesday - October 15

Sport
  • Trainer Ronsky
  • 1h 00m

WooooooHooooo.

Core and more core. And some shoulders thrown in just to keep things fun.

And today...

*sigh*

Tuesday - October 14

9:20 AM: Knee feels just "alright". I think maybe that's what I'm going to have to get used to. Just "OK". On the knee misery continuum, with 1 being a Kenyan marathoner's knee and 10 being a stone cold wheelchair bound cripple without a knee at all, I'm probably at a 6 ish. A little limpy but tolerable. A little swollen, but not grotesque.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9

Whizzzzz's Training Log

October 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Volume

Time
Distance