SATURDAY
Moderate or heavy rain shower
High 41F
Low 31F
Bike
  • 1h 04m 30s
  • 16.10 miles
  • 14.98 Mi/hr

This was unpleasant. Sat awkwardly on the seat trying to avoid tailbone pain and ended up using my inner thigh muscles for much of this ride. Bizarre.

Really happy to be doing this foundation stuff inside. I cannot ride with other human beings at these watts. It just isn't a thing. 

OK So, back on the stick today.

My ass and tailbone are still so sore. So so sore. 

Did a shit ton of laundry. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 10

Apparently much of the resort was destroyed by a hurricane or a typhoon (or whatever a terrible high wind speed storm is called on the W side of this continent) and it was only partially remodeled. The style was a mix of sort of classic "Palace" and new wave 1980's style. Chrome. Photos of women with really long nails like you'd see in a nail salon. Very unusual. But whatever. 

The hallway photo above shows the difference. R side classic, L side gray and chrome. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 9

We didn't get TSA pre-check due to some SNAFU in our reservation, so my brand new (small) tub of conditioner was confiscated at security for being "suspicious". I have traveled with this stuff 400x before and have never had a single problem. My whole bag was searched and I was pissed. Chris tweeted TSA and they responded, letting us know our "trusted traveler" numbers were entered incorrectly. I got ahold of our travel agent and let her know... so it was fixed for the flight back, but still. My hair. I had a legitimate disorganized, uncontrolled afro the entire trip. I wore a lot of hats. 

I got to hold an iguana, though and that was fun. 

And see the gorgeous sunset over El Arco again. 

I love Cabo. Love Mexico in general. I get to practice my Spanish and be warm and tan. It's a win-win-win all the way around. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 9

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Swim
  • 20m 08s
  • 925.00 yards
  • 02m 11s /100 yards

Super easy swimmy in the sea of Cortez. Stopped halfway and put on a swimcap.

Whizzzzz's Training Log

January 2018 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
Time
  • January's totals