High F
Low F
FRIDAY

High F
Low F

Wednesday - November 13

I think I'm almost cured!

GLORY BE!

Slept through the night. Minimal coughing, and I didn't take a cough suppressant this morning. Watch me go.

Zpack is finished, but it stays in the system for 14 days total, so it's still fighting the good fight.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Tuesday - November 12

Last night I actually threw out the scenario... "What if our child is albino!?" to Chris... who looked at me like I'd grown a third nipple eye. 

These are the things running through my head. THESE are the things.

My Dad always said.... 90% of the things we worry about never even materialize. He was right. I know this intellectually. I am trying not to ruminate, but that's harder to do than it sounds. 

• Health data: Sick: 2 Hours slept: 8

Monday - November 11

I'm worried. In addition to being sick, and Tuberculean (I know that's not a word... but I like it.... sounds like a mix of Herculean and tuberculosis.) 

Anyway, I'm worried about our genetic testing. I'm worried about what it will reveal. I almost wish we hadn't decided to do it.  I realize there's nothing I can do to change or influence it... but I am worried nevertheless. We will find out on Thursday or Friday. 

Whatever child we have is the child we were meant to have. This baby is the child that implanted itself in my inhospitable uterus just a couple of weeks before I was planning to talk to a doctor about having it removed. He or she wants to be born and wants to be raised by .... us. (Woah Boy!)

I would have thought that to be an unlikely occurrence, and my doctor would have agreed. That's for sure. But, here we are, almost 13 weeks into things, and still going strong.

ONCE AGAIN,  FOR THE THIRD TIME THUS FAR, THE BLOOD IS DRAWN. LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY.

Agnes and I have unwittingly dressed like Christmas today:

• Health data: Sick: 2 Hours slept: 10

Sunday - November 10

Missed Chris' CX races today. 

Woke up around 9, stayed up a couple of hours, took a nap at 11:30 and woke up at 3:30. 

Lame. Sick. Trying to recover. 

*sigh*

Was able to sleep for the majority of last night, so that's a plus. Little by little I hope I'm getting better... I still have fairly terrible sounding coughing jags, but they are less frequent and they don't last as long. 

• Health data: Sick: 2 Hours slept: 15

Saturday - November 9

2 Zpack pills last night + some cough suppressant syrup and I was able to sleep for most of the night without coughing up mucus or squirting out pee. It's the little things that delight me these days. 

Chris is brewing beer today, so my charge is to stay out of the kitchen and avoid coughing into his mixtures. 

So I guess I'll watch a couple of programs about cats on NAT GEO, do some laundry, hang out in my pjs and wait to get better. 

I'm hoping next week I can make my return to the gym. I'm excited to see Ronsky again (although I probably won't work out WITH him, I'd like to visit and see how things are going with little Giovanni) 

Also going to look up a Pre-natal yoga class... which will probably be available at DelNor... methinks. 

• Health data: Sick: 2 Hours slept: 12

Friday - November 8

I'm going to the GP to get something to take care of this malaise. Up all night with a productive horrifying tuberculosis type cough. And, to make things more dramatic and awesome, every time I cough, I pee a little.  You can imagine how this went all throughout the night. Not good. 

My chest, upperback, and abdomen are all SORE from coughing.

I surrender. 

I give up. 

7 full days. No improvement. No relief. 

May I introduce our human looking-lime sized son/daughter:

Looks like a giant head with no arms and legs, but we saw him/her from every angle and the arms and legs were counted. They're there. Legs were crossed. Arms were flapping around. Lots of bouncing and moving and swimming moves. I still cannot believe this... the whole process is surreal. I also can't believe that some women have 12-14-19 kids and counting. It's quite a drain on the host! 

Hopefully I can get some relief today so I can stop squeezing the Spurtle with every single cough. Keep your fingers crossed. 

1:45 PM appointment at Primary Care Doctor. HALP.

The plan is:

• Zpack
  • More Mucinex
  • More Robitussin

Picking up Zpack @ CVS tonight.

One good thing... the Procardia new BP meds I'm on seemed to have an almost immediate effect on my BP. 127/71. Pretty good for me.

• Health data: Sick: 3 Hours slept: 7

Thursday - November 7

11:07 AM: I think things are starting to dry up.

This is splendid news.

Yay!

Noonish: Maternal/Fetal medicine appointment today. Will likely get another ultrasound + bloodwork and discuss our options in regard to genetic testing. Not sure how I feel about genetic testing. Part of me thinks it's a useful tool... but another part of me (probably the bigger part) doesn't think it matters. Am I going to terminate this pregnancy if I find out our Spurtle has Downs Syndrome? No. What would make me terminate? I don't know. I don't know if I could do it. I'm fairly attached to this baby already (figuratively and literally) and while I'm pro choice, I'm not certain I could have an abortion myself. For any reason. I simply don't know. And I don't judge those who choose to terminate their pregnancies. It's their right. It's just not for me, I don't think.

Regardless, I'm going to pass on the amnio. Too invasive. Too risky. There are blood tests and ultrasound tests that can be done, and maybe I'll just leave it at that.

Also hoping this Maternal/Fetal doctor will finally address the elephant in my abdomen... the giant looming fibroid. Assuming he'll ultrasound it to see WTF is actually going on in there, and how big it actually is.

5:08 PM: It turns out I actually have SEVERAL large fibroids on the outside of my uterus. They are large and in charge and the largest is 15cm x 10.5 cm or so. There are a couple of smaller ones hither and tither. Basically my abdomen at this point is very very crowded... and it's just going to get more crowded.

We saw the Spurtle again, and saw it moving and kicking and floating around. Saw the head, the brain, the heart, and the arms and legs. Saw the abdomen of the Spurtle and that it was all enclosed. Saw the spine. It really is an unbelievable miracle.

The inside of the uterus is smooth and fine, so the fibroids are not interfering with anything in there. They are just all over the outside of the uterus, on stalks, looming around.

I am going to have to take some blood pressure meds again. This doctor had a different medication that he was able to offer (the Methyldopa was horrible last time) and we're going to start on a low dose and see if that stabilizes my BP. Today it was 150something/90 something. Too high.

Overall, a good visit. We are having a Harmony test done. This will tell us the gender in addition to whether or not Spurtle has any of the indicated genetic issues. The doctor said at this point, his "best guess" was that we were having a girl. I have thought it's been a girl all along, but what the hell do I know? I've got a 50/50 shot of getting it right, anyway. Haha.

I've also been cleared to begin exercising. If I was going 60 mph before, I'm allowed to go about 15 mph now. Letting my body be my guide. Low intensity swimming OK. Walking OK. Yoga OK. Let's get some pink in this calendar! 

• Health data: Sick: 2 Hours slept: 10

Whizzzzz's Training Log

November 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance