High 69F
Low 48F

Saturday - April 27

TODAY I SHALL:

• Organize my costume jewelry
  • Do the closet switchover from winter/spring
  • Purge purge purge
  • Finish laundry
  • Color my hair (I hate to admit this, and I'm sure you already know, my luscious golden locks need a spritz of hair dye every now and again) Wink
  • Clean the cat vomit spots off the carpet. (Bulimic jerks!)
  • Vacuum
  • Oil change?
  • Sweep floors
  • Rip out the dead plants in the pots in the front yard.
  • Remove Christmas lights (Chris Parker!!!!)

The costume jewelry and the closet switchover are going to be quite time consuming. This is why I do them when Chris isn't home. Plus I take up the entire bedroom with my wardrobe sprawl, and I try everything on, to make sure it's still in style, still fits, and doesn't annoy me. 

At Agnes' birthday party with my good friend Kathy. Smile I love my pixlr-o-matic. Different borders, different "film finishes". Sort of like INSTAGRAM, but you don't have to upload them to some FACEBOOK type website. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 9

Friday - April 26

Work. Work. Work. 

Rest Day. 

Here's a random photo from vacation:

SJB = Saint John Brewers. Kiss

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Thursday - April 25

Sport #1
  • Stair Running
  • 02m

1 x to 6.
------
An entire hour of corework. Planks, chops, ball stuff, things with the pulley. GRRRRRRRR!!! :) Also Sarah's last day. Makes me sad, but she has set me up with this other guy that I always see at the gym... he has lots of clients and everyone loves him... so I'm hoping I like him too.

Sport #2
  • Trainer Ronsky
  • 1h 00m

1 x to 6.
------
An entire hour of corework. Planks, chops, ball stuff, things with the pulley. GRRRRRRRR!!! :) Also Sarah's last day. Makes me sad, but she has set me up with this other guy that I always see at the gym... he has lots of clients and everyone loves him... so I'm hoping I like him too.

More

More photos:

Kristin and me fluffing our hair in the warm Caribbean breeze overlooking Trunk Bay. (For the record, Trunk Bay is where Chris and I got married!)

Me and Chris at dinner. 

Kristin and me at dinner. I was looking a little sunburned, but due to my liberal use of SPF 50, I never got totally cooked. Good news. 

Wednesday - April 24

Swim
  • 45m
  • 2296.59 yards
  • 01m 57s /100 yards

Drilly and sort of boring, except for the 4 x 100 at 100% where my arms cramped. Yes. Arms. Cramped. (Tricep cramp) Not sure what that's about.

4 x 50 DPS
4 x 75 drill something
4 x 100 100%
4 x 75 something
4 x 50 something else
4 x 25 flip turn practice, half length swim.
3 x 100 IM
100 easy
------------
2100? I don't care enough to add it up. I arrived late, got a cramp, and I sort of feel lucky to have gotten out alive. Hahaha.

Sport
  • Stair Running
  • 02m

1 x to 6, no railings with bags!

9:18 AM: Arrived at work today, snacks in hand! Yay!

Here we have our very own jschmitchicago and yours truly, at the Hillgrove Wine Cellar in Western Springs. 

We hatched a plan for the Athleta Esprit de She Naperville Triathlon!

WoooHooo! 

Tuesday - April 23

Sport #1
  • Stair Running
  • 04m

2 x to 6. No railings this time. :) Carrying a giant salad.
---
Lunges, planks, ball slams, kettlebell type things without the kettlebell. Sweaty! Hot! Sweaaaaaaty!

Sport #2
  • Trainer Ronsky
  • 55m

2 x to 6. No railings this time. :) Carrying a giant salad.
---
Lunges, planks, ball slams, kettlebell type things without the kettlebell. Sweaty! Hot! Sweaaaaaaty!

9:14 AM: Drove to work with the top down. It was great to have the wind in my hair, and I was in an awesome mood all the way to the office UNTIL I got out of the car, reached over to grab my bag of snacks, and found... nothing. I left all of my food and snacks at home, probably sitting on top of the washing machine. 

I'm pizzed. I screwed around all morning, updated my BT blog, imported and exported some photos, had coffee and watched the Today Show. I got all ready, got my gym bag together, got my snacks/lunch together and proceeded to walk out without the food. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I need to be more organized. I find it hard to do, though, while living with someone else. Organizing and getting stuff ready isn't as fun or as interesting after work as my husband is. I'd rather sit on the couch and hang out with him, than get my lunch and clothes and bags together for the upcoming day. 

I know this is something to work on. I was **SO** organized during Ironman training. Mostly because I lived alone, had nothing else to do, and there was little else that interested me. Bah! I have to work on this, though, because this helter skelter willy nilly thing is frenetic and half assed, and has historically lead to McDonald's. Or Dunkin Donuts. Or Taco Bell. You name it.

It's a one day screw up. I'm not panicking. I'll be fine for lunch, and I'll be fine for today. I will miss my snacks, though. Cry Apple, banana, berries, yogurt. Mostly fruit. I did have a protein packed breakfast this morning, so I should be OK until like... 10:30 or so. Agnes has an extra apple and an Atkins bar, and that should get me through to lunch. I'll have a lot of protein at lunch, and that should keep me full until dinner. Early workout tonight (5pm) so I should be home by 6:30 for dinner. Then I will have plenty of time to re-organize, re-group and get this shit back on track. 

I have seriously considered a blog name change... to Fighting Entropy. I've wanted it for a while, but I'm thinking I'll stick with Speed Kills for now. I like continuity. Fighting Entropy is quite descriptive of my life, though, so don't be surprised if and when a change occurs. 

4:19 PM: Hard boiled eggs make me fart. 

Bottoms Up! 

That was Honeymoon Beach. ^^^ One of my favorites. Smile

Later that day, Kristin arrived! Yay!

Monday - April 22

Sport #1
  • Stair Running
  • 04m

2 x to 6. I made myself do this. My legs wanted no part of it.
---------
Upperbody plank-a-palooza. ZOMG. Why does she hate me so? ;)

Sport #2
  • Trainer Ronsky
  • 1h 00m

2 x to 6. I made myself do this. My legs wanted no part of it.
---------
Upperbody plank-a-palooza. ZOMG. Why does she hate me so? ;)

9:34 AM: My legs are ***STILL*** sore from that leg workout on Friday. Dear God in HEAVEN! What the hell did she do to me? It was mostly just lunges (forward and back) and some side squatty things (over and over) followed up with 100 reps on that leg press machine @ 110 lbs. My legs were rendered useless most of the day on Saturday (I could barely sit down on the toilet or the couch or the floor) and yesterday I forced myself to do a little trainer ride to get things moving again. I'm not sure how much that helped.

1:49 PM: Carbs are low today, but fat is HIGH! I had 1/2 cup of a walnut/trail mix type thing as a snack, to the tune of 327 calories and 32.6g of fat. Yikes. It has thrown everything off. My graph is all freaky and dinner tonight needs to consist of something like a dry grilled chicken breast and a cup of stringbeans. I don't think I'll bother with that trail mix again. Very caloric and not that filling. Good fats, I know, but to me it's a waste of calories. Potentially doable in the 1/4 cup serving size, but that's not really a snack that's going to fill me up. So. Fuggeddaboudit. 

Lunch = Salad + various veggies + small scoop of cottage cheese + 1 chicken breast + 1 hard boiled egg + balsamic vinegar for dressing. I threw on 4-5 croutons and some sunflower seeds for crunch. This filled me up. Kiss Probably could have done without the croutons, but I was feeling rebellious. Those were the first croutons I've had in several weeks. They were crunchy and delightful, and I happily spent 50 cals on them.

Now, I realize that counting calories is not necessary when you're eating "correctly" but I'm finding it to be a valuable tool for now, until I learn how much each food is going to cost me out of my daily budget. So much to learn. So so much to learn. Those contestants on the BIGGEST LOSER have my utmost respect... it's HARD to go out to dinner and make a reasonable choice. Especially when those around you are having cream covered pasta ravioli-os. And imagine this after being morbidly obese and eating things like a bag of Cheetos for lunch. Although, maybe it's easier to do a total paradigm shift from Cheetos to chicken breasts than to make the final tweaking from "sort of healthy but still covered in sauce and butter" to "clean". I don't know. Either way, it's hard.  

Here are some underwater photos from our trip:

Me and Kristin (LazyMarathoner) and Harvey the turtle.

Me getting a better look at Harvey. 

A school of blue Tang!

Eagle Ray!

Nurse Shark! 

Sunday - April 21

Bike
  • 1h 05m 40s
  • -----
  • -----

Trainer. Rode Spartacus with the race wheels. No cadence sensor on those wheels so I don't have speed or distance. Just needed to do something.

:)

I am going to sign up for the following races:

• Esprit de She Women's Triathlon in Naperville. (My very first triathlon! It has changed names and sponsors several hundred times since I first did it 10 years ago... but... I've always loved that race!)
  • Lake In The Hills Triathlon
  • Something in July? 
  • Something in August? 

Then, we'll see. 

Whizzzzz's Training Log

April 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30