• Side to side sumo squats
  • Sissy squats 1-10
  • Leg press 120/160/180/200
  • . Glute kickback

Sport
    • Stair Running
    • 04m

2 x to 6

Lifting today after work! Probably legs, maybe some other stuff, as I can't do all of the leg stuff that Chrissy and Kristin like to do. Although, I will say that lifting without running is much easier on the old joints. It is the lifting/running/biking combo that makes my knees scream for mercy. 

PHOTO FLIPPER!

Yet another BT outing. A group of BT girlz flew to Denver for the Denver Marathon in 2009. This was just a couple of months after Julia and Richard were hit by a car on a training ride.... sustaining some serious injuries, each of them. 

Here we are, piled into the back seat of an SUV. We've got me, Stacie (luv2ride), Kelly (MissKelly) in the front row, and Robyn (TriOK) and Trixie in the back. We were wearing our DICKDIME fundraising T-shirts. Mine was day glow yellow. Kiss

Sunday - May 12

Bike
    • 3h 04m 18s
    • 45.60 miles
    • -----

A really slow, stop and go and stop and go ride up the path north toward our old stompin' grounds. Lots of path traffic + congestion in downtown Elgin + detours galore = sub 15 mph average.

Still nice to get out for some TITS.

Got home in time to shower and get ready to take my Mom out for Mother's Day.

Happy Mother's Day from the Fabyan Windmill, Batavia IL

Saturday - May 11

Nada! Except for the fact that I cleaned the house like a professional maid and I ran a bunch of errands including locating and going to a cobbler! They're still out there!

• Health data: Hours slept: 9

Friday - May 10

9:42 AM: I've been logging my food religiously. Every single bite. Some days I do better than others, but for the most part, I'd say I'm doing pretty well. I've been about 80% "good" in terms of what I've been eating. In the past month, a KitKat has snuck in twice. (It's not like it actually snuck in, you know... *I* snuck it in... but I logged it, and adjusted accordingly). I'm feeling slimmer, trimmer, and a more fit. My upper body looks great, especially when I'm lifting, and ESPECIALLY ESPECIALLY when I'm doing those "ropes" at the gym.  Impressive, if I do say so myself. SEE SOMETHING LIKE WHAT I'VE BEEN DOING HERE. (Skip to 2:20 or so... although the "ropes" we use @ XSport are metal chains, covered in cloth or some other material) 

At any rate, progress is slow. But progress is being made. I'm not too terribly hung up on the number on the scale, which doesn't seem to be moving as quickly as I'd like... (perhaps 2 too many KitKats?) but I'm encouraged by how my clothes are fitting and by how I am looking in my swimsuits. (Worn inside out and otherwise) Wink

4:53 PM: Today is my sister's birthday. We haven't spoken since an awkward and rather rude exchange at Christmas. Meh.  

PHOTO FLIPPER:

The year 2000!

At a friend's backyard party... Oak Park IL. 

Back when I used to drink Budweiser. From cans. At parties. 

HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Thursday - May 9

Sport #1
    • Stair Running
    • 02m

1 x to 6
    ------
    This was mostly lifting... but I'll log it under Ronsky. Not as hard physically... more difficult mentally... Lots of balance type stuff (I suck!) and legs. My knees don't bend like they used to, and I think we've established that.

HEAVY. I never lifted heavy enough, apparently. We go much heavier than I've ever gone before. We'll see how incapacitated I feel this weekend.

One of my favorite Ronnie quotes: "Are you working out or are you playing with weights?" Apparently if I can do all 12/15 reps, no matter how difficult, then it's not heavy enough. Hmmmmpf.

Sport #2
    • Trainer Ronsky
    • 1h 00m

1 x to 6
    ------
    This was mostly lifting... but I'll log it under Ronsky. Not as hard physically... more difficult mentally... Lots of balance type stuff (I suck!) and legs. My knees don't bend like they used to, and I think we've established that.

HEAVY. I never lifted heavy enough, apparently. We go much heavier than I've ever gone before. We'll see how incapacitated I feel this weekend.

One of my favorite Ronnie quotes: "Are you working out or are you playing with weights?" Apparently if I can do all 12/15 reps, no matter how difficult, then it's not heavy enough. Hmmmmpf.

12:32 PM: Well, yesterday was not without excitement... our office had a REAL LIVE fire alarm. Not just a fire drill, but a fire was detected on the 6th floor (our floor) and the whole damn building was evacuated. Fire trucks arrived from Downers Grove AND the surrounding suburbs. It was a whole lot of action!

I am sitting right back at my desk today, though, so clearly the damage was negligible, if anything. I never smelled any smoke, so I didn't know what the hell was going on. All I know for sure was that I left about an hour early and still barely made it to swimming on time. In a rush to put my suit on, I slapped that baby on INSIDE OUT. My suit is a solid black poly on the outside with a weird stretchy liner on the inside... reverse that if you will, and add a tag, and that's what I wore into the pool yesterday. Didn't realize it until I was standing on deck trying to tuck my tag in... but since it was sewed to the outside (which is really meant to be the inside)  it wouldn't tuck in. It just flapped in the water without a care in the world. 

The stretchy liner also provided some odd resistance. 

Whatever. That's what happens when you rush around like I do. Hither and tither. I'm happy I remember to have clothes on, I don't intend to specify they be right-side-out. That's crazy talk. 

Let's take a look at the photo flipper, shall we? 

Look what we have here! The BT Michigan Lakehouse. August 2008. Here we have me (on the right, in case there's any confusion) and the one and only Trixie on the left. We had just arrived for Steelhead HIM 2008. They canceled the swim that year, so the day after this photo was taken, I ran 15.3 miles. Not a great day for the Whizzer, if you know what I mean. Run/Bike/Run? Definitely not my thing. 

The house was fun, though, and the race, even though it involved waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more running than I like, was OK too. Hung out with a great group of BT peeps and a grand time was had by all. Staying in the house that weekend (or at least making an appearance) were: TriOK, Trixie, me, dumpster, Rkreuser, Birkierunner, yeats, Jazz(w/numbers), Jorge, SweetP, BamBam, marvarnett, and Brickey. You can see all of the photos HERE. It's quite the trip down BT memory lane. 

Wednesday - May 8

Swim
    • 1h 00m
    • 2734.03 yards
    • -----

I made it to swimming on time! But not without putting my suit on inside out. Yes. I honestly believe only I could do something that stupid. And then just swim like that. I didn't have time to go back and change.

300 swim
    3 x 100 drill/swim combo
    4 x 75 some sort of combo of something
    300 pull with paddles
    400 for time (7:00 flat)
    4 x 100 easy
    400 for time (7:00 again)
    100 easy
    -----------
    2500 M

400 for time...lackluster. My arms were cashed from that Ronsky workout the other day. My whole body still aches and is sore.

Sport
    • Stair Running
    • 04m

2 x to 6

9:20 AM: I had dream last night that I had to cancel on Ronsky today because my arms and core and BODY hurt. Turns out my dream came true, as he canceled on me, because his wife isn't feeling well. (She's pregnant and fairly high maintenance it seems... he has to cancel and re-arrange and switch things up all the time because of her...) Anyway, that's OK. I am very sore. VERY VERY sore today and I have to swim tonight. Core hurts to laugh or sneeze or breathe. Shoulders hurt to type and steer the car. Knees ache due to the "tuck jumps" we did yesterday (like plyometrics) so... it's probably best that I give it a rest for today, and just swim.

Check out the photo flipper:

Me and Agnes from Friday's Happy Hour. Cheers!

Tuesday - May 7

Sport
    • Trainer Ronsky
    • 1h 00m

Holy Mother of God. More planks today than... ever. More planks with weird weights and cables and side stars and... name it. Also ropes and TRX with (you guessed it) a plank superset. Probably one of the hardest workouts I've ever done.

He pushed until I literally collapsed. Onto one of those gross gym mats. Arms = fatigued. Core = useless. I am done. Done. Done. Done and done. I sweat like a bull's ass.

Then I wiped off my armpits with a towel and went back to work. No time for a shower. No one gets that close to me in the office, anyway.

THE PHOTO FLIPPER TODAY!!!

Here we have the first day of Kindergarten, September, 1975. R-L Peter, Me, and Jimmy. We were neighborhood pals and we were all signed up for the morning Kindergarten session. I remember it like it was yesterday. I hated that outfit, which was a hand-me-down from someplace... (perhaps the circus?) Hideous.

Whizzzzz's Training Log

May 2013 
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
        1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31 

Volume

Time
    Distance

Actual vs Planned