Sunny
High 87F
Low 62F
MONDAY
Patchy rain nearby
High 87F
Low 61F

Thursday - June 27

Photo Flipper! Rachael and me @ Maggianos, July 11, 2002. Holy (dark!) hair. Holy chubsy face. I loved the outfit I was wearing. I just got rid of it last year... 10 years old. The skirt was just too big anymore... it was a 12, from the Limited. Navy blue with these various blue/white/darker blue stripes at the bottom. In stitching. Loved it.

You know what else I love?

My husband. Check this out:

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Wednesday - June 26

Swim
  • 55m
  • 2734.03 yards
  • 02m 01s /100 yards

Ummmmm yeah, my arms were NOT down with this today.
Arrived at the pool and found Chris and Amy in my lane + this other guy Steven who was a collegiate swimmer. Or perhaps I should say IS a collegiate swimmer because I don't think he's graduated yet.

So I was going to move over a lane, but they convinced me to stay, to collect my second ass beating of the day. Hooray.

400 swim
2 x 250 IM (25 fly/50 back/75 breast 100 free)
300 pull
2 x 250 IM (same configuration as above)
100 easy
3 x this:
4 x 25 IM order (4 x 25 fly, back, breast)
100 cool down
Flailing and calf cramping as I exited the water
-------------
2500 M

(I almost think I would have rather stayed late at work)

I think I'm resting tomorrow. Arms/shoulders/chest/upperback all decimated.

Sport
  • Trainer Ronsky
  • 1h 00m

More dazzling examples of my lack of coordination. But this was a fantastic workout. Literally awesome workout. My hands and arms are shaking STILL as I write this. Renegade rows + Wall Balls + a bunch of other stuff. Wow. Just. Ow. Wow.

It is me in the blue, wanting to squirt the chocolate sauce down my throat. Big surprise. And Agnes talking me off the ledge. She dragged me by the arm away from the office cupcake and sundae bar which, for some reason, were starting to look appetizing yesterday...

Her exact words to me were: "YOU ALREADY HAD AN OREO! I SAW YOU! WHERE WILL IT END, LAURA? WHERE!?!!?!?" (Keep in mind she has a very severe Polish accent, so this sounded militant!)

It's a struggle. Daily. But for the most part, I'm winning. Laughing