Sunny
High 80F
Low 62F
MONDAY
Sunny
High 88F
Low 62F

Sunday - September 1

Slept 10 hours. Did nothing workout wise. 

• Health data: Sick: 3 Hours slept: 10

Saturday - August 31

Bike
  • 2h 37m 20s
  • 42.50 miles
  • 16.21 Mi/hr

Bike ride up in Crystal Lake with my old pals Vik and Irish Peter. All 3 of us are out of shape. This was an easy ride with no particular agenda or goal. We just wanted to ride.

Peter and Vik live in Woodstock, and we met in Crystal Lake. They rode down. I drove up from St. Charles. Since we pass right thru Woodstock on the ride back, they decided to peel off there. I went with them back to Peter's new apartment and he drove me back to Wheel Werks. Otherwise I'd have had to ride back to Wheel Werks on my own, and I didn't really want to.

So, that's why the starting point and stopping point are different on my map.

Doesn't matter. I don't really need the miles and I'm just sort of riding around for fun.

Now, household chores and a little nappy.

Friday - August 30

9:52 AM: Took some personal time yesterday and went to an impromptu Thursday night pool party. Today I have a slight hangover. I stayed at my friend Jill's house so I didn't have to drive home, and as a result, I'm wearing the same dress at work today that I wore yesterday. Nice. At least I was responsible, so there's that. Slept with her huge collie dog and had dreams about our cats. Restless sleep to say the least.

I jumped off the diving board 750 times. At least. Maybe more.  Kiss I'm a fool for a divingboard.

I was specifically fond of the "tuck dive". I tried and tried to do a regular pike dive but I just couldn't get it to happen. I used to be able to do all kinds of flips and tricks when I was a bit younger. Now-a-days it's the "tuck dive".

Me and Kathy.

Jill (the hostess) Agnes (she doesn't swim!) and me.

The last ones standing.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

Thursday - August 29

Sport
  • Trainer Ronsky
  • 1h 00m

Legs. Ow. And deadlifts. Went heavier this time. Started at 110 and went to 125 and finally 135 x 7. I could have done more but my grip felt weird and once I stopped to adjust it, Ronsky didn't let me continue. He said it had to be an unbroken chain of lifts. Booo.

We also did some other stuff that was, according to him, mostly for warm up/stretching purposes....

Oh yes. Box jumps. That was pathetic. Knees not excited about those in the least. He wanted me to do 24" but I was too afraid of tripping, so we did 12".

So, after work yesterday I stopped by TJ MAXX and found this gem. "Better Sore Than Sorry" ... I wholeheartedly concur! Will probably only wear this as jammies to bed, since I don't belong to a ELLIPTI-FAIL-shirt-wearing Crossfit gym, where statement attire is the norm. But... the sentiment remains. I'll just sleep in my sentiment, since I don't have the body or the skill (yet!) to draw attention to myself like this at XSport.

Wednesday - August 28

Sport
  • Massage
  • 1h 00m

A massage... aaaaaahhhhhhhh... (free, due to my giant reserve of Xsport points)

Not a sports massage, really either... like a regular, feel good, rub my muscles massage. Not an Ironman massage. You know the difference. :) I didn't cry during this massage and my IT bands were pretty much ignored. Loved it.

*yawn*

So SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!!

PHOTO FLIPPER!

Jams shorts. Remember those? This was summer of 1986. There I am with my pooka beads. Again. Still. I also am wearing a white SWATCH. The watch band turned yellow from the chlorine in the pool. We were probably toasting with generic Coke, or maybe the store brand "Cola".

Tuesday - August 27

Sport
  • Trainer Ronsky
  • 1h 00m

See Below. My wrist hurts. Felt better after the weekend of rest, and it hurts again today. Dammit.

3x through each circuit below. (2 circuits)

Don't even try to tell me this doesn't make you laugh... I won't believe you. 

I present to you... "Angry duckface. With cat." -- Enjoy

Thank you Add-a-Cat.

Ronsky at lunch. CX bikes with Chris on the gravel after work. Thereyougo. 

7:20 PM: Ahhhhhh crap. No bike ride for me today. I'm just leaving work now. Booo Hissss.

Monday - August 26

Sport
  • Trainer Ronsky
  • 40m

See below. I followed that outline, mostly. Except I did some clean & press (40 lbs) + some kettle bell swings with 25 lb plate. Everything 3 x 20 or 25. A decent workout. I was spent and sweaty. :)

Meow. My workout below. Handwritten by me on my fancy kitty post-it, and stuck to the side of my waterbottle. I simply don't care what people think anymore. 

WOW! It looks like I need a new bike! Kiss Perhaps a unicycle. 

Whizzzzz's Training Log

September 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned