Patchy light drizzle
High 65F
Low 44F
MONDAY
Sunny
High 67F
Low 40F

Tuesday - September 24

I am not sure I can continue to fill this space with interesting information... seeing as though I'm  doing NOTHING in terms of workouts. This is a triathlon training blog... I'm neither swimming,  nor biking, nor running. I'm not even walking. I'm... sad and boring.

However I realize that this is for the greater good. Little Parker needs his/her Mommy to sit the fcuk down so he/she can establish a good comfy home in my fibroid riddled uterus.

So that's what I'm doing.

We are creeping up on week 6.5. Here's what's going on inside me right now, in case you're interested....

WHAT THE BABY LOOKS LIKE... 6 WEEKS

Many of you have been pregnant before and this is not a newsflash, but many of you have not, and maybe you will find this interesting... if not educational. 

Trying not to peruse too much of the internet as there are horror stories all over the place about miscarriages, bleeding, spotting, cramping, things that can go wrong. I'm pretty much sticking to  Pinterest for inspirational quotes and happy thoughts, so you may be seeing some of those pop up from time to time.

Instead, I am concentrating on taking this process one day at a time. For today, I am pregnant and carting around a lentil sized Parker throughout my non vigorous low impact daily activities.

Raging headache. Sore bewbs. Threw up this morning while brushing my teeth. All excellent signs. Undecided

Happy Birthday to this guy right here. Dumpster. Chris. Mr. Whizzzz. Whatever you'd like to call him, I call him MINE.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9

Monday - September 23

I'm feeling good... if feeling bad means I'm feeling good. You know? I am tired. TIIIIIIIIRED. And I'm feeling faaaaaat. And inactive. Chubby, moooshy, and slovenly. But... my low impact life of non vigorousness has only just begun.

I'm hoping that I will be allowed to do a little bit of something maybe in the second and third trimester. After we can be a little bit more certain about things sticking.

Went to my co-worker's 50th birthday party last night. For the Bears game. Watched the Bears beat the Steelers. I don't follow football, really... so I mostly just hung out with Agnes, ate pizza, drank water, and took photos.

Me and dumpster.

Me and Nicky (the birthday boy) and Agnes. Agnes and I had to buy "BEARS" attire to wear to this thing.

Sunday - September 22

8:58 AM: Sooooooooooo. I went to bed at 10 PM last night. Slept til 8:20 this morning. Took an hour nap yesterday, and didn't do anything exciting or strenuous. I haven't been this tired since Ironman training. When I'm driving, I have to check the stop lights twice, to make sure they're actually green before I go through them. I am yawning left and right. 

Chris has a half marathon this morning, and I am not there. I slept. 

Some photos from my sober adventure Friday night:

Agnes and I split a cheese/meat tray. She's always good to split a snack. 

Here we are, the 4 of us, Friday night. 3 single ladies and me, the married preggo. Kiss

My hair is apparently expanding... much like it did in the 1980s. It's like a... black hole. Engulfing everything that dare cross its path. See how it's moving in on Nora's face? 

• Health data: Hours slept: 10.5

Saturday - September 21

Last night:

• Health data: Hours slept: 10

Friday - September 20

That's the hope, at least. 

To that end, I sit softly, walk gingerly and do nothing but breathe and lay around for training.  

This is a very exciting triathlon blog. Wink

I may get my first chance to be a designated driver tonight. We're going out for happy hour after work and I'm thinking I'll probably end up driving my drunk friends around. For a little while, at least... until I start to fall asleep. Then I will force them into the car and make them go home at like 8:35 PM.
We get prescription cat food delivered 2x a year. It's the full supply and it lasts 6 months.

Our shipment arrived yesterday, and Molly has not let it leave her sight.
I went to bed last night and she was sitting on the box.
I woke up this morning and she was (still?) (again?) sitting on the box.

She is nothing if not food driven.

Thursday - September 19

7:17 AM: I fall asleep around 9 PM... It's like I get hit with a tranquilizer dart. You know how they do it in zoos to like, lions? They shoot 'em with the dart and then clean their teeth and poke around with them... as veterinarily (is that a word?) necessary? Yes. That's how I feel. I doze off and start drooling and snoring. It's an all encompassing exhaustion that is almost creepy. I'm sleeping 9+ hours a night, and I can barely keep myself awake at work. 

4:45 PM: 1 week down. Like 35 or so to go. So far no spotting. This is good, way better than last time. 

THROWBACK THURSDAY! 

Oh look! It's Amy again! And Whitney! 

Here we are @ Kam's... a U of I bar... tailgating in the beer garden @ 10 am before the Illini game. We were in a "football block" with Phi Delta Theta, (fraternity) and apparently I didn't buy the football block "favor", which was that blue and white rugby shirt. I was wearing an orange and white number that I'm certain I borrowed from someone. Lots of hair. Check out my friendship bracelet. I actually did wear it until it fell off. That's what you're supposed to do, right? Well, that's what I was told. Cool

Wednesday - September 18

That right there is the non vigorous, low impact mantra for today. 

Enjoy your hump day, everyone. Vigorously humping! Or whateveritis you find yourself doing today.

Here's the PHOTO FLIPPER TODAY:

Me and Amy, October 21, 1995. This was her 25th birthday party at my condo. I got her that delightfully jingo-istic USA TEAM AMERICA sweatshirt. I wanted one for myself too, but it was freaking expensive! And it was big enough to fit a 7 foot tall man. Clothes were so... huge back then.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Whizzzzz's Training Log

September 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Volume

Time
Distance