FRIDAY
Cloudy
High 35F
Low 28F
Bike
  • 5h 27m 34s
  • 88.75 miles
  • 16.26 Mi/hr

Up and around Lake Geneva, in a slightly different combination of roads.

Managed to skip the whole south shore. That was nice.

Bike Ride with Trudy and Monica!!! 

Twas long. And fun. 

We pulled in at Trudy's house, hightailed it back to our place and I barely had time to shower before we were off in the car up to Madison. 

Buttttttt.... Not before discovering, much to my chagrin, that I was completely out of hair gel. Like NO hair gel in the whole house to tame the Whizzzzz-fro. Not a drop. The cupboards were bare. Zero. Nada. Nothing. I slathered on on some conditioner and hoped for the best. 

By dinner I was in a ponytail. 

Check out my eyelashes! Woot! 

Yet another party last night... A going away party for my pal Chrissy (in the middle). She'll be gone 6 months at least... she's headed off to Tacoma for a temporary training gig there. We will miss her, but we're willing to share her. No reason for us to be Chrissy hoarders, there's enough to go around. And... she'll be back.
8:14 AM: Work is KICKING MY ASS. Praise the little swaddled baby Jesus I don't have to go back there until Tuesday, and then for only 3 days. Phew. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Sport
  • Trainer Ronsky
  • 1h 00m

He never sent me the template today! Boooo.

This was lots of hanging stuff. My poor little wimpy hands slipped each time toward the end of the set. Hanging straight leg raises. Hanging oblique tucks.

Then assisted dips + Upright wide rows + crunch/vsit combo + planks + some other stuff that I'm sure I'm forgetting.

9:18 AM: Another super busy unrelenting day today. 2 meetings + all of the usual bullshit. Ronsky at noon. The only redeeming factor about today is that I am wearing a cute outfit. There are simply not enough hours in the day to get all of this stuff accomplished.
9:40 AM: How about a fire drill!?!?!? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK! Another time sucker.

10:09 AM: I think perhaps, if I'm being honest, my "gall bladder" "acid reflux" "digestion" issues are all stress related. I have this low level, lingering stress hanging over my head. It's the fertility stuff... it's the impending surgery stuff... it's the recovery/pregnancy/fibroid removal stuff... it's the adopt v. procreate v. be childless stuff... Big time life decisions that, quite honestly, most people have made by the time they're 43.

I worry about disappointing Chris. I worry about recovering from uterine slicing and dicing. I worry about saying goodbye to my womb for good. I envision it laying in a garbage can. (Clearly not how hazmat/human organ disposal occurs in a hospital environment, but quite a vivid visual for me, nevertheless...) For as troublesome and rebellious and insolent as this organ has been, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't miss it after it's gone. If it's leaving. We still don't know.

Blood test today to help me figure things out. Moving closer to a plan. I will be happy when I can stop thinking about this. I can't control what's going on inside my body, but I *CAN* control how I attack it, and/or react to it. I can make good, well informed decisions and trust in them once they're made.

That is all.

2:46 PM: And the blood is drawn. Let the chips fall where they may. 

5:15 PM: Work is swallowing me whole. So happy to be off Monday next week... (and Friday of next week too!) but have to get out from under a bunch of this crap so I can take the time off without wondering what's going wrong while I'm gone...

• Health data: Stress: 2 Hours slept: 8
Sport
  • Trainer Ronsky
  • 1h 00m

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! This was supposed to be "fun" today. And I guess it was. According to our very own Hollis, "it doesn't have to be fun to be fun"

I suppose that would be an accurate assessment.

6:50 AM: Feeling a bit more human. I just have a slight lingering headache and some muscle stiffness and soreness from laying around so much for so long. I think I can only stay in bed for like 12 hours at a time, maximum.

It's good to know my limit. Hahhaaha.

Today I will concentrate on eating good foods and drinking lots of water, flushing out the systems. I did a little Googling re: gall bladder attacks and that is what it sounds like. We'll see.

Probably crappy sleep + overindulgence on Thursday + crappy food (Chris was out of town and I reverted back to my old ways of eating) + dehydration = GALL BLADDER REVOLT? Who knows. Something else to keep on the radar.

3:24 PM: Had my nails done over the weekend. I chose blue, and I'm not sure why. I think they look "OK" but also a bit teenager-y. It's just polish so it will be chipped off and disaster-ified by the weekend... but looks sort of cute now:

Oh! Look how trendy I am! Look! Look! Would be even MORE trendy if I could bring myself to make the ring fingers on each hand slightly different. Like maybe add glitter or a different color or something... But... I just can't go that far. Heh. Kiss

• Health data: Sick: 2 Hours slept: 8

7:21 PM: Up most of the night with some sort of indigestion or acid reflux or something. Took a Pepto-Bismol tablet at around 3 AM, tossed and turned, and bailed on my 8 AM bike ride. Frown Got up around 10, hung out on the couch til 12, went back to bed til 3, got up til 3:30, went back to bed til about 5 and have been up ever since. No idea what's going on by my digestion lately leaves a lot to be desired. 

So, today was a total waste. Except for some quality horizontal time with the cats. 

• Health data: Sick: 4 Hours slept: 18
Slept 10 hours. Did nothing workout wise. 

• Health data: Sick: 3 Hours slept: 10

Whizzzzz's Training Log

September 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
Time