Patchy rain nearby
High 83F
Low 55F
SATURDAY
Moderate or heavy rain shower
High 79F
Low 53F

Saturday - March 1

1:51 PM: Lounging around at home, wounds covered in gauze and heating pad on my abdomen. I'm fairly hopped up on Norco and Ibuprofen. Norco makes me dizzy and Ibuprofen takes the pain away... or maybe the Norco makes me relaxed enough not to care that I'm in pain. Either way, I may never poo again. Narcotics really make me constipated. Haha. 

So, in regard to the fibroids, the doctor removed 2 that were each about the size of a tennis ball or racquetball. That's what I was feeling in my abdomen when I laid down... and what grew with the hormone infusion when I got pregnant. There were several others in there, but they were smaller and more insignificant, and it would have been a really long and really dangerous surgery to try to remove them all. Too much blood loss. This is why they originally told me, in 2008, that I should have a hysterectomy. A full myomectomy would hack up my uterus and innards and be way too dangerous.

We got rid of the two main offenders. That's good enough. It keeps my options open (as I still have a uterus) if we decide we want to try getting pregnant again. And I won't have the terrible huge ass swollen fibroid to worry about if we do. 

The doctor took photos I have them. They are GROSS!

• Health data: Sick: 5 Hours slept: 12

Friday - February 28

Heading off to have some rent free tenants removed. Sayonara Fibroids! 

Thursday - February 27

Worked til 7:15 last night. Likely more of the same today. Surgery tomorrow. I am nervous. I've only ever had a knee surgery performed, and I am 100% not thrilled with the prospect of someone poking around in my abdomen. However, I realize that these fibroids are not going to take care of themselves. So... surgery it is. And tomorrow it is. Wish me luck.

Wednesday - February 26

Chris is still sick. Laying in bed as we speak. I am at work. Feeling alright. He spent the night in the guest bedroom again. I had shitty sleep last night. I kept waking up and rolling around. I think I've done something to injure my L shoulder.  It hurts. Waaaaaaaaaaah. WTF. I'm falling apart.

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

Tuesday - February 25

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 45m

I arrived late. Tiffany says I'm much stronger than I was when we started. I can tell that. Today was hard, but not as hard as it has been. Another $35 co-pay. Meh.

Physical Therapy tonight. I think it's my re-assessment. I also think I'm ready to be discharged. I know what to do, I've got decent strength in my leg, and I'm like 80% pain free. I've never been 100% pain free (except for RIGHT after my cortisone shot) so this is pretty good.

Chris has strep throat (likely). Nope. He's got a cold. A bad cold. It's not a sinus infection either. He's miserable and he sounds like Kathleen Turner. Raspy. Sultry. Hah. He's going to get some drugs to take care of that today. He got no drugs. He's been run ragged between work and trying to train for IM CdA. Plus, the weather here is just... demoralizing. We're all inside all the time breathing re-circulated air. *gag*

Me? I'm trying like hell to stay away from him so he doesn't breathe on me accidentally or on purpose. I am going to ask him to wear a surgical mask so I don't get sick. He's sleeping in the guest bedroom. I just need to stay healthy through Friday. Is that too much to ask? I can't reschedule this surgery... it won't happen then til AFTER I go to Mexico... and that is NOT OK. This needs to happen before!

Monday - February 24

Run
  • 25m 10s
  • 1.50 miles
  • 16m 46s /Mi

Incline of 5%. Rate of 3.6. While watching the end of Wheel of Fortune and the beginning of the Bachelor. I have the top Nikki was wearing. I think I'll wear it tomorrow.

All while listening to Good Charlotte on shuffle. God. I've missed them.

Strength
  • 45m

Legs.
Quad extensions. Together & Single Leg 4 x 12
Romanian Deadlifts 70/80/80/90 x 12
Step Up with box + 20lbs in each hand
Up and down stairs with 20 lbs in each hand
Kettlebell swings 25 lb plate x 15 x 4

BACK TO WORK! 

Canceled Ronsky for this afternoon. I'm going to be out for 2 weeks (at least) so I DOUBT I'm going to be able to take off for a longish lunch today. Will plan to meet Agnes @ gym after work. Buckling in for a really busy week. 

Sunday - February 23

Let's see. 

Today I got up at almost 9 AM, folded the rest of the laundry, scanned some more photos. Ran errands and got a much needed mani/pedi. 

Then watched closing ceremonies. 

We're 2 episodes behind on Downton Abbey. I'm going out of my mind. AAAAAANNNNNNND I think last night's episode was the season finale? 

• Health data: Hours slept: 9

Whizzzzz's Training Log

March 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Volume

Time
Distance