Patchy rain nearby
High 88F
Low 70F
MONDAY
Light rain shower
High 85F
Low 64F

Tuesday - March 11

6:49 AM: So... it was 53 degrees yesterday! Glory be! Chris opened the windows in the house and I drove home from work with the top down! It was amazing to breathe non-recirculated, non-frozen air. (I take the top down @ 51 degrees... so we just made the cut off!)

My joy is short lived, however. We are supposed to fall victim to yet another WINTER STORM later today. I can scarcely contain my excitement. 4-6 inches locally, with some areas lucky enough to get up to 10 inches of heavy, wet, craptacular snow! Yay! And to think, yesterday I was full of springtime hope as I glimpsed the muddy, flattened, brown mat that used to be our "lawn".

9:56 AM: I have a doctor's appointment on Friday. I'm hoping I am released to do all of the things I'm not doing right now. Like exercise, lift heavy objects, walk upstairs, and maybe even that s-word...

Swim. (What were you perverts thinking?)

4:43 PM: The latest ridiculousness I have heard regarding tomorrow's storm is that we will get 1-17 inches of snow. ONE to SEVENTEEN. And it will be between 0-100 degrees.

• Health data: Sick: 2 Hours slept: 8

Monday - March 10

Back to Life. Back to Reality.

I decided to come back to work a week early. I was going nuts at home. Short of watching the COMPLETE WORKS OF JARED LETO there's really nothing else for me to do at home. I suppose I could have cleaned all of the hardwood floors, but I'm supposed to be RECOVERING!

Plus, Chris is working from home today, so I would be nothing but a distraction for him... Mostly because I like to talk to other humans when I am around them.

Working is actually easier than cleaning the floors and trying to keep quiet around Chris. So here I am.

And there's Jared. 

• Health data: Sick: 2 Hours slept: 10

Sunday - March 9

Had a High School sophomore's dream about Jordan Catalano last night. No kidding. He's infused himself into my sub conscious.

Had coffee with Trudy in the AM.

Plowed through 8 more episodes of Jordan & Co.

Watched Cosmos.

Went to bed.

That's at least 9 hours of TV viewing, people. I rested, rested, rested.

Saturday - March 8

Found MY SO CALLED LIFE on Amazon Prime and paid to get it on "instant play".

Watched 11 episodes.

Fell in love with Jordan Catalano. (again)

*swoon*

Friday - March 7

10:32 AM: OK! Today! Today! Today is more than the show I watch in the morning! Today is the day I actually get my shit together and do something (ANYTHING) productive. 

Let's try this again. 

1. Dry Cleaner
  2. Change sheets
  3. Oil Change I hadn't had an oil change since July. 8,314 miles. Shameful. I use synthetic oil so that's BETTER, but generally it's just BAD. I need to be nicer to Rita Gaspar. Also had tires rotated and coolant flushed. So, I overachieved a bit. Forgive me Rita.
  4. Laundry
  5. Ulta! Hairgel! Mascara! I am afraid. My gel appears to have changed formulas. STACIE!?!? Have you tried this new formula? It now says something about BLUE AGAVE. Ugh. No! No! Please. No! I bought it anyway. We'll see.
  6. Shower. I smell like armpits. 
  7. General tidying up. 

Watch me go.

In the meanwhile, take a look at Orbit. And draw him like one of your French girls. Wearing this. Wearing only this:

1:53 PM: Here's some exciting news... the last one of my steri-strips fell off in the shower today. I am now completely free of all gauze, tape, bandages, strips, and the like. The only reminders of my surgery are 3 tiny little scabs my abdomen, a bruise on my L hand, and my missing belly ring. Oh, and glue. Scrub as I may, I still have some tape glue remnants on my skin. Baby oil would probably take it off, if I had any. 

I don't think I'm swollen, but common sense would tell me I am. Even in my swollen state I'm thinner than I was. Now, I didn't do this for weight loss or for my figure, but it's a very nice side effect. I can suck my stomach in, and it's FLAT now. As it should be. As it was! Fibroids are different for everyone, and due to the fact that mine were (are) largely OUTSIDE the uterus, my most annoying side effect was a constant feeling of being FULL and an abdomen that could best be described as "bulky". That, and the fact that they swelled up and went down in accordance with the estrogen in my body. Very annoying. 

Other friends of mine have had fibroids inside the uterus. Those fibroids can cause horrible bleeding and cramping, because they're actually in the lining of the uterus. Or INSIDE the uterus. 

What a wayward organ, the uterus is. When it's good... it's miraculously good. When it's bad... it's just awful. 

And that's all for UTER-CHAT today. Carry on! TGIF! 

• Health data: Sick: 2 Hours slept: 8

Thursday - March 6

Agnes came over last night and we met Chris out for dinner @ Wok -n- Fire. It was the first time I put regular clothes and make up on since last Thursday. Also the first time I left the house since last Friday (and that was to go to the hospital!) Things are looking up, people! 

Agnes, Kathy, and some of my other girlfriends all chipped in and got me a new set of PJs to lounge around the house. And socks! Here I am wearing them, while listening to Al Roker tell me terrible things about the weather. 

Today I'm going to do the following:

1. Drop off clothes at dry cleaners (near work... so I can pick them up early next week)
  2. Go to Ulta and get some more mascara and hair gel. 
  3. Get my oil changed.
  4. Come home and take a nap, probably. 

1:03 PM: I've gotten nothing accomplished so far. And I think that's OK. May still try to get oil changed. Might buy the mascara and gel online. Meh. I've lost my motivation. 

• Health data: Sick: 3 Hours slept: 10

Wednesday - March 5

Scanning more photos today... and also trying to organize them into something of an "order". I now know why I haven't done this before... It's  damn tedious work. Ugh. I've got literally all day to do this and I... I... just can't work up the motivation. I'd rather scrub a toilet... Don't get me wrong, they're in WHIZZZORDER which is alright for me (still frustrating) but completely useless if anyone else were to ever try to locate a photo within my computer library. So I'm striving to put them in "High School" "College" and THENEVERYTHINGELSE by like 5 year increments. Hah. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it. Luck and glasses. 

In this featured gem, we have a guy named Scott Talbot, from U of I, the Sigma Nu Fraternity. I don't recall that he played the guitar. Perhaps he did... or perhaps it was a clever prop. I can't say for certain. He's looking at me the way most guys in college looked at me. I had crazy hair, I was crazy drunk a lot of the time, and well, maybe if you didn't know better you might think I was just crazy. 

• Health data: Sick: 3 Hours slept: 9

Whizzzzz's Training Log

March 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Volume

Time
Distance