Sunny
High 77F
Low 56F
WEDNESDAY
Patchy rain nearby
High 82F
Low 58F

Monday - March 24

This time tomorrow I will be... in the air, aimed toward Cabo San Lucas Mexico with 3 of my Ironman girlfriends . I could use some sun, and some relief from reality.

I'm doing alright. Really.

Sunday - March 23

Cleaning. Lounging. Packing.

No training.

Here. Entertain yourself with this:

• Health data: Hours slept: 10

Saturday - March 22

Check out my second favorite man:

I may go swimming with my first favorite man at some point later today. Stay tuned. 

7:39 PM: Chris had a trail race this morning... I stayed home and vacuumed, got the laundry done, and dusted. I also packed for Mexico! Heading off to Mexico at the crack of stupid on Tuesday morning. No swimming. That's OK. 

Last night was fun. I love Brant, and his fiancee is cute too. He's 18 years younger than me, and the fiancee is 19 years younger than me. We've done the math and I could be Brant's Mom if I got knocked up at Homecoming Senior year of High School. Great. 

Regardless it went well and everyone had fun. We ate and drank well at Wildfire. Yum. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 10

Friday - March 21

10:15 AM: I am obsessed with 30 Seconds to Mars. Help.

But don't bother helping too much. I'm rather enjoying myself.

Chris and I have dinner plans this evening with a friend of mine from work and his fiancee. They are young. I hope we don't remind them too much of their parents. Haha.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Thursday - March 20

Run
  • 20m
  • 1.26 miles
  • 15m 52s /Mi

4 % incline.
3.8 or 3.9. Everything feels pretty good.
While listening to 30 Seconds to Mars.

Alibi. My new theme song.

Lots of falling apart around here. Lots of getting back up again.

No warning sign, no alibi
We faded faster than the speed of light
Took our chance, crashed and burned
No we'll never ever learn

I fell apart, but got back up again
And then I fell apart, but got back up again yeah

We both could see crystal clear
That the inevitable end was near
Made our choice, a trial by fire
To battle is the only way we feel... alive

I fell apart, but got back up again
And then I fell apart, but got back up again
And then I fell apart, but got back up again

Way, oh, way, oh
Way, oh, way, oh
Way, oh

So here we are, the witching hour
The quickest tongue to divide and devour
Divide and devour

If I could end the quest for fire,
For truth, for love and my desire
Myself

And I fell apart, but got back up again

Way, oh, way, oh
Way, oh, way, oh
Way, oh, way, oh
Way, oh, way, oh
Way, oh

I fell apart, I fell apart
I fell apart, I fell apart
I fell apart

But got back up again

Strength
  • 40m

Romanian Deadlift 3 x 12 90/90/100
Leg Press 3 x 12 70/70/100
3 x up and down staircase with 60 lbs
Step up 12 inch box 2 x 12 each leg 60 lbs
Quad extensions 3 x 12 30 lbs

Throwback Thursday. I miss my bike.

Not this specific bike (although I do appear VERY SERIOUS) about it here, don't I?

One thing I do recall about this photo is that I messed my hair up on purpose... and right before I got onto the bike I said something about Charo. Like either... "Don't I look like Charo?" Or "I feel like Charo" or something.

Cuchi cuchi cuchi!

First day of spring and it snowed. Looks like we got about an inch. The parking lot lines were covered in snow so everyone parked like douchebags this morning. Cars. Everywhere. Some diagonal, some straight. Some inbetween the lines, some inbetween two spots. Some here. Some there. It was anarchy. We've all just had enough and no one gives a FCUK anymore. Just stop your car wherever you like and call it "parking".

Hey! Guess what!?!? The snow melted and it's like 40 degrees outside!

Wednesday - March 19

Sport #1
  • Stair Running
  • 06m

2x up to 6 at what felt a breakneck pace, but was probably just what I used to do.

Sport #2
  • Trainer Ronsky
  • 1h 00m

All arms/back. Push/Pull. I can hardly type. Ow.

9:21 AM: Thank you for all of the notes, etc. I suspect this recent backslide is a result of a perfect storm of raging hormones + tiny curled up babies.

See, I haven't had my period since January, right after I had the baby. It's been a couple months of NOTHING. Doctor said this is normal, and I could expect my cycle to regulate shortly.

I haven't seen a baby, a real live, tiny little baby, in person since I delivered Kara. Sure, I've seen them on TV and on Facebook and I've heard of them through friends, but I've not been faced with one since we lost ours.

FF to yesterday and I'm feeling ridiculously hormonal. (You women may understand this...) I was feeling like I was having an out of body experience... Like I was watching myself go whack-ass crazy on a movie screen, and not actually living the craziness.  Add to this the sweet squirming and curled up little body of a tiny baby girl and VOILA! You've got a mess.You've got me. I was unable to get the situation under control for quite some time.

My makeup was a disaster.  I cried off all of my Latisse last night right before bed. (Dammit! That stuff is expensive!)

Making a concerted effort today. This will not do.

1:56 PM: We all have our talents. While it appears I am not adept at growing babies, I AM adept at growing hair, and no less than 3 people have admired my handiwork today. So, you know, there's that.

Fro On, People!

Tuesday - March 18

1:19 PM: Just got back from lunch. I left early for lunch, and sort of in a rush, due to a visiting employee and her tiny tiny newborn baby. I was working... working... and I heard the unmistakable tiny cry of a newborn baby. Well it was either that or a full grown cat...I wasn't sure.  I got up and walked over to see what was going on, and there was a happy proud new Mama, and her tiny little baby girl. I started to approach them when I was overcome with nausea, like I'd been punched in the stomach. I fought back tears, turned around abruptly, and hightailed it back to my desk.

There was a big group of women over there... oooohing and aaaaahing over this tiny little girl... "Isn't this the tiniest little baby girl you've ever seen?"

Ahhhh. No. No it's not. *sigh*

This reaction surprised me. It still surprises me, because I'm still feeling it as I'm sitting here recounting it. I'm so sad. I'm barely keeping it together here.

Add to that the fact that Savannah Guthrie from Today just got married and announced she's 4 months pregnant... and she's so happy. She seems so carefree. She doesn't get to see pregnancy through the distorted lens of loss, I suppose. 4 months? That's when we lost Kara. 16 weeks. So many things can go wrong! I wonder if she's had her Harmony test yet?  I'm wondering if I can handle seeing her become more and more pregnant as the weeks roll by, and then enduring  all of the pregnancy special features they're going to run in the morning... especially knowing that I was supposed to be giving birth in the end of May. We were supposed to be having a baby. Maybe it's time I make a change to Good Morning America.

I'm not having a great day.

It's fine. I'm fine. Or I'm going to be fine, eventually. Just not today, I guess.

6:17 PM: My mental state has not improved. I'm not going to workout. I've no motivation to do anything. I am distractingly sad and I think I need to go home and have a nice long cry. Life is so unfair it doesn't even make sense.

I know this. I know life isn't fair. Shit happens. Yes. I get it. And you won't hear me say it again.

That baby just knocked the wind out of me.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Whizzzzz's Training Log

March 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Volume

Time
Distance