Patchy rain nearby
High 94F
Low 70F

Thursday - May 23

Bike
  • 41m 17s
  • 10.70 miles
  • 15.55 Mi/hr

pushed it but focus was so-so. felt some twinges in the right knee when pushing it. got stopped by a train 1/2 mile from home.

Run
  • 39m 45s
  • 3.55 miles
  • 11m 11s /Mi

HOT. I am still sweating. (But that's good, that's what I need to train for!)
Loved the visor hubby got me for mother's day. Tried to run it as if I were racing. Felt tight first half mile (esp right calf and left quad) but cleared up quickly. I did not feel jello legs. Guess I didn't push it hard enough on the bike! Took a gel at 1/2 mile. REALLY wished I had some liquid for the run. (but I didn't have time to get my run belt & bottles ready.) Had some gas around mile 3, but not bad. Was still able to push it at the end, but the heat was getting to me. I can imagine doing 10k in the heat, but not 13 miles. :/

Oh, and the other weird thing - I got a bunch of hives on my arms and shoulders. Either I am allergic to VA (likely) or the sunscreen I was using is really old (also likely).

Today I realized it is a week and a half to my first tri of the year, an oly. And I thought holy s#!$, I should probably do a brick! It was decent, but I think I should probably do another one before the race. I am quite happy with my run pace! Usually I am 1 min/mile slower on a brick or tri. And heat slows me down too. So this was very encouraging!

• Calories out: 3439 From lifestyle:2569, From activities:871
  • Health data: Stress: 3 Hours slept: 7.5

Wednesday - May 22

Run
  • 44m 29s
  • 3.24 miles
  • 13m 43s /Mi

Pushed BOTH kiddos in the double jogging stroller. It wasn't that bad, surprisingly. But slow due to stops for traffic, etc.

• Calories out: 2950 From lifestyle:2613, From activities:337
  • Health data: Stress: 5 Hours slept: 7

Tuesday - May 21

Monday - May 20

• Health data: Hours slept: 6.5

Sunday - May 19

Run
  • 1h 12m 02s
  • 5.37 miles
  • 13m 24s /Mi

Slow, warm, humid jog, pushing 4 yr old in stroller. Stopped to play at the park. Better than nothing. I got in an awesome nap today. Thanks hubby!
Right knee hurting a little. Probably from wearing heels.

Hm, I can't seem to post to my coaching site.

Jim - this is for you!
It's been a rough week due to work, but everything calms down in a few days. This week is exams. I have 1 to write and lots of grading, but I should be able to get a full workout schedule in this week.

Back/neck is feeling lots (not completely) better. I get this from time to time. I think it was probably the 10 hrs I spent in bed after as much as the long ride! What is this foam roller you've mentioned a couple times?

Thanks.

• Calories out: 3122 From lifestyle:2580, From activities:542
  • Health data: Stress: 5 Hours slept: 9.5

Saturday - May 18

Working. I knew this would be a bad week. Things will be better after Tuesday (or so I claim!)

...not used to the new BT. I hate it when everything changes with an upgrade. But it does look more professional.

• Health data: Stress: 5 RHR: 58 Hours slept: 7.5

Friday - May 17

• Health data: Stress: 5 Hours slept: 10

miche033's Training Log

May 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned

Time

Upcoming races

• Giant Acorn International (Triathlon)
    9/28/2014 Spotsylvania, Virginia
  • American Family Fitness Half Marathon (Run)
    11/15/2014 Richmond, Virginia

Totals

• July's totals
  • June's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals