The following equipment is nearing replacement:

Sunday - October 14

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday - October 13

Run
  • 1h 09m 43s
  • 10.00 miles
  • 06m 58s /Mi

Lair O' The Bear 10 Mile Trail Race with over 1400 feet of Ascent.

PODIUM!

Today was a strong day for me. I love running this route (just ran it Wed.) and pretty much know every rock and and turn and basically where to turn it on and where to back off.

Great weather, Strong showing by the BT crew!

Julia won the women's division and Dime came in 1st place overall! I didn't know that I was close, but I wasn't that far off of the course record. I missed that mark by 3 minutes, but because I basically led from start to finish and I put some space between the 2nd place guy right away, I never had to go into overdrive... Anyway, it was a ton o' fun and I'm wicked proud of Julia! Dills did awesome too (4th place overall and 2nd in his age group - mine) and Linda (regimom) did fantastic... she ran 4 miles farther than she ever has and finished without even a glow of sweat... Susan, Shannon, Chris where also representing the Denver BTers and running strong!!!

Lunch in Evergreen at Cactus Jacks... Fall in Colorado! Does it get any better?

Race report later.

Friday - October 12

Run
  • 1h 22m 20s
  • 11.00 miles
  • 07m 29s /Mi

The Dime is ready for the self described KING of BT (Dills)!

Did I tell you that I float like a butterfly, and sting like a bee?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Let us pray: For Snow and to reversing the trend of Global Warming, for an Al Gore & Dennis Kucinich presidential ticket in 2008, to brining home our soldiers and ending the illegal occupation of Iraq, for an end to torture in Guantanamo Bay, for the elimination of the Patriot Act and the illegal wire tapping of American citizens, for restoring our civil liberties and our constitutional rights, for a single payer health care system FOR ALL Americans, for ending prejudice including the irrational fear of our neighbors to the south, for restoring this nations status in the world as a people of peace and not that of oil grubbing belligerent invaders… Congratulations, Al Gore, for your Nobel Peace Prize! We now have a Democratic President and Vice President who are Nobel Laureates… Jimmy Carter and Al Gore! Unfortunately, for now, we still have a bunch of drum beating, draft dodging, deferment getting and corporation cock sucking chicken hawks war profiteering off of a poor country that just happens to have oil! Say it ain’t so… Meanwhile, 50 million Americans do not have access to even basic health care, 700,000 fewer Americans own a home now than when GWB took office in 2000 (the first decline since the 1970s, but more rich people own 2nd and 3rd homes than ever before…) oh, and then there is Burma! Our media is silent as we learn that Britney Spears lost custody of her children and not an ounce of pressure by this administration on China! Good Grief! AND! Does Cheney really want to NUKE Iran? Let us pray… for snow!

Thursday - October 11

Run
  • 44m 43s
  • 6.60 miles
  • 06m 47s /Mi

I wanted to run another lap but I didn't have time (I'm going to see "INTO THE WILD") tonight at the Mayan... So since I had to cut this one short, I decided to throw in some fartlek (1 block fast, 1 block easy) and then a strong 1/2 finish. It was rather warm out there! I feel good!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Ramone says, "Thanks for taking such a bitchin' photo, Linda"! And here is some great health advise from the office of Dick Dime: Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday - October 10

Run
  • 50m 15s
  • 6.60 miles
  • 07m 37s /Mi

Nice and easy recovery run...

Quads were sore from all of yesterday's downhill running.

Otherwise, I felt pretty good.

kept the HR really low.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Not sure what to do... track tonight or rest. I like the image above... My feet are sexy! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket And Dime had two Boxer's before Ramone. Bob was first (long gone) and he was an amazing player of Frisbee: Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket And then came Ace... bad ass and still kickin' it here in Denver with my ex, Christine... Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday - October 9

Run
  • 1h 36m 21s
  • 12.20 miles
  • 07m 54s /Mi

Lair O' The Bear Trail Run...
Over 1700 feet of Ascent.

Ran this with Ramone... Although leashes are required at the Lair, the Dime's are outlaws, and today was no exception. We were free doggin' it and probably pissing off the mtn bikers! Ramone got pretty tired and did his best to keep up. He's no quitter, that's for sure.

As far as the run is concerned... I almost didn't run today. I'm feeling a little week and I may be feeling the slight beginnings of a bug of some sort. I just felt really lethargic. So I went out easy... kept my HR pretty low for this course and never really felt like I pushed that hard. I was surprised by my time... easily my fastest time on this trail all year... About 5 minutes faster than the last time I ran it back in July. Could have been a PB, but I'd have to go look at some of my old logs... I know I have had some pretty quick times out there in the past.

So yeah, my running is starting to come around... :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket So I'm on a solo 3 week surf trip down in Baja... I find a cool shipwreck break to surf... there is what appears to be an ex-pat trailer park surf community set up there... I camp here for 3 days and surf... I don't see anyone until on the 3rd day. Some people I knew from Aspen (where I was living at the time) were heading north on a surf trip... I was heading south. Crazy small world. I never figured out what this sign meant! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday - October 8

Run
  • 1h 06m 15s
  • 9.40 miles
  • 07m 03s /Mi

Wash Park... took a while to get going today... I'm nursing a wicked hangover... I had such a mellow weekend; stayed in Friday and Saturday nights and then, POW! Dick Dime gets his drink on... Anyway, the run was pretty darn good considering my stomach and my head were not 100%.

DickDime's Training Log

October 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Volume

Time
Distance