D I C K D I M E

Thursday - October 18

Run
  • 1h 07m 22s
  • 9.00 miles
  • 07m 29s /Mi

Ran with my buddy Ted... He had lots of stories to tell from his wedding in Hawaii... Started to get cold!

Ugh... The dentist this morning... had a crown built up. My face is numb, I like it better when my brain is numb. Wait, my brain is always numb. So, I was driving my buggy though a small little town somewhere out in the plains and I noticed this sign in some rednecks yard. Makes me wonder... Yeah, this dumb sh*t voted for George Bush and still believes Saddam had something to do with 911... Note the red, white and blue color scheme. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday - October 17

Run
  • 1h 08m 02s
  • 9.40 miles
  • 07m 14s /Mi

Nice wash park run... windy. Looks like it might get a little nasty out!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket There are still a few slots left for "The Other Half" Half Mary in Moab this weekend! I have a room reserved downtown. Does anyone want to race? I hate driving alone!

Tuesday - October 16

Run
  • 1h 52m 15s
  • 14.60 miles
  • 07m 41s /Mi

Ran down to Washington Park and only intended on running about 9 miles... But because Colorado is such a great place to run (much better than Seattle, WA) I got to run with one of Colorado's many great runners. Some lady that I see at races and such turned around to run with me so that she could intercept her running partner... She turned out to be Tania Pacev one of Team USA's 100k runners and her partner Eric came in 8th at the Leadville 100 (which Tania did in like 22 hours)... Anyway, this turned into a very nice, if somewhat longer run, and I was invited to be on their team next week for this little 5 mile coed team race (if this one other guy can't run)... So yeah, that was unexpected and nice and the kind of thing that happens in Colorado!

Side note: I marked my 1500th mile today for the 4th or 5th year in a row!

Official pics from the Lair O' The Bear 10 Mile Trail Run... Be sure to watch the YouTube Video and see Dills Running with his Honky Afro! http://www.coloradorunnermag.com/news/LairOTheBear10M_2007.html Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday - October 15

Run
  • 51m 28s
  • 6.60 miles
  • 07m 48s /Mi

Nice little evening jog.

I just registered for "The Other Half" half marathon in Moab for this Sunday... Anyone want to join me? Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

RACE REPORT IS UP

Sunday - October 14

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday - October 13

Run
  • 1h 09m 43s
  • 10.00 miles
  • 06m 58s /Mi

Lair O' The Bear 10 Mile Trail Race with over 1400 feet of Ascent.

PODIUM!

Today was a strong day for me. I love running this route (just ran it Wed.) and pretty much know every rock and and turn and basically where to turn it on and where to back off.

Great weather, Strong showing by the BT crew!

Julia won the women's division and Dime came in 1st place overall! I didn't know that I was close, but I wasn't that far off of the course record. I missed that mark by 3 minutes, but because I basically led from start to finish and I put some space between the 2nd place guy right away, I never had to go into overdrive... Anyway, it was a ton o' fun and I'm wicked proud of Julia! Dills did awesome too (4th place overall and 2nd in his age group - mine) and Linda (regimom) did fantastic... she ran 4 miles farther than she ever has and finished without even a glow of sweat... Susan, Shannon, Chris where also representing the Denver BTers and running strong!!!

Lunch in Evergreen at Cactus Jacks... Fall in Colorado! Does it get any better?

Race report later.

Friday - October 12

Run
  • 1h 22m 20s
  • 11.00 miles
  • 07m 29s /Mi

The Dime is ready for the self described KING of BT (Dills)!

Did I tell you that I float like a butterfly, and sting like a bee?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Let us pray: For Snow and to reversing the trend of Global Warming, for an Al Gore & Dennis Kucinich presidential ticket in 2008, to brining home our soldiers and ending the illegal occupation of Iraq, for an end to torture in Guantanamo Bay, for the elimination of the Patriot Act and the illegal wire tapping of American citizens, for restoring our civil liberties and our constitutional rights, for a single payer health care system FOR ALL Americans, for ending prejudice including the irrational fear of our neighbors to the south, for restoring this nations status in the world as a people of peace and not that of oil grubbing belligerent invaders… Congratulations, Al Gore, for your Nobel Peace Prize! We now have a Democratic President and Vice President who are Nobel Laureates… Jimmy Carter and Al Gore! Unfortunately, for now, we still have a bunch of drum beating, draft dodging, deferment getting and corporation cock sucking chicken hawks war profiteering off of a poor country that just happens to have oil! Say it ain’t so… Meanwhile, 50 million Americans do not have access to even basic health care, 700,000 fewer Americans own a home now than when GWB took office in 2000 (the first decline since the 1970s, but more rich people own 2nd and 3rd homes than ever before…) oh, and then there is Burma! Our media is silent as we learn that Britney Spears lost custody of her children and not an ounce of pressure by this administration on China! Good Grief! AND! Does Cheney really want to NUKE Iran? Let us pray… for snow!

DickDime's Training Log

October 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races