D I C K D I M E

Wednesday - October 31

Run
  • 1h 13m 06s
  • 9.40 miles
  • 07m 47s /Mi

I'm blogging at 11:45PM because I finally got my run in...

I had a rough day/24 hours.

Anyhoo... this was the first time since winter that I have run in long pants, long shirt a beanie, gloves and fleece vest... it was nice

MOAB - The Other Half - Half Marathon Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday - October 30

Run
  • 1h 07m 05s
  • 9.40 miles
  • 07m 08s /Mi

Slowed it down a bit and just enjoyed another beautiful day here in Denver! Great tunes... ahh...

So I found this interesting... using the race time predictor at www.runningforfitness.org I found out that my marathon training is right on pace to run a sub 2:50 marathon! I punched in my age and 2:50 mary and my times are slightly faster than the predicted times at other distances compared to the chart avg of the most common prediction formula's! another cool thing is that based on the weight performance chart... if I lost 4 lbs, theoretically I could drop up to 4 minutes from my predicted time! I do plan on racing somewhere around 135-137 (currently 140lbs). Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday - October 29

Run
  • 1h 22m
  • 12.00 miles
  • 06m 50s /Mi

New shoes and another BEAUTIFUL day for a run in Denver! Training for a December marathon is awesome... perfect weather to run in!

New shoes felt great, and my tired and sore feet thanked me for not running yesterday!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket i better be quiet now wish you gave me your number wish i could call you today, just to hear a voice i got a long way to go i'm getting further away if i didn't know the difference living alone'd probably be ok it wouldn't be lonely i got a long way to go i'm getting further away alot of hours to occupy, it was easy when i didn't know you yet things i'd have to forget but i better be quiet now i'm tired of wasting my breath carrying on and getting upset maybe i got a problem, but that's not what i wanted to say i'd prefer to say nothing. i got a long way to go i'm getting further away. had a dream as an army man with an order just to march in my place while a dead enemy screams in my face but i better be quiet now i'm tired of wasting my breath carrying on, not over it yet wish i knew what you're doing and why you want to do it this way, so i can't go the distance i got a long way to go i'm getting further away i got a long way to go i'm getting further away -- elliott smith

Sunday - October 28

Bike
  • 1h 28m
  • 29.50 miles
  • 20.11 Mi/hr

Woke up with a hang-over after last nights debauchery! OUCH... It was so beautiful out, I jumped on my bike. I rode out to and around the CC REZ. Its been a while and I suffered from a mild case of beginners butt... although I felt a little tired on the way home, I rode pretty well considering how little I've been on my rig since the 5430 HIM.

I saw a horrible accident. Some older lady crashed near the dam and was hurt pretty badly... lots of blood.

AVG Cadence: 80

My ugly new trainers (Mizuno Wave Precision 8): I've been training in these for about 3 years now. I like the low ride and the neutral support, very light weight and probably not a shoe for 80 mile weeks, but for some reason I have done well with this shoe... I switched to Ascics DS Trainers in the summer, but I just didn't like them as much... Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday - October 27

Run
  • 2h 37m 37s
  • 20.00 miles
  • 07m 53s /Mi

Ran with Ted on the Highline Canal. I had nothing today... Tough run...Ted dropped me at 19... I managed a 7:09 here but he was flying... normally I am more competitive, but not today. Still I was able to run a 6:49 20th mile/80th mile this week so thats pretty good.

NOTE: I believe I just had the best week of running in my life!

Personal best half mary: 1:21:13
Personal best 5K: 17:55
Two 20 mile runs
80 miles logged!

Dime is tired.

Friday - October 26

Run
  • 58m 14s
  • 8.10 miles
  • 07m 11s /Mi

Ran easy with Ramone at Cheesman park... needed a few xtra miles before the short little race tonight... Long run tomorrow and I'll bag an 80 mile week!

I may go for an easy run this morning with Ramone (or not)... Scream Scram 5K tonight at 6PM (Wash Park)! Hope to run it well... MY personal best is 18 min and change. Hopefully tonight I will be able to crack the 18 minutes... I don't run very many 5K's so this one counts! Probably won't dress up. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Scream Scram 5K was great! 17:55 a new personal best - about a 5:46 per mile pace (or to put it another way, 11 miles per hour)

Thursday - October 25

Run
  • 1h 04m 27s
  • 9.40 miles
  • 06m 52s /Mi

Same run as yesterday... same music mix... a little more intensity today.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

DickDime's Training Log

October 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Volume

Time
Distance