Unscheduled rest day... drove around looking trying to find racing/running snowshoes... no luck. I will have to buy them on-line... Luckily, it looks like my buddy Hank has a pair and will loan them to me for Sunday's race... Once I return his set of Zipp 999 race wheels... LOL!
Bike
  • 39m 49s
  • 12.00 miles
  • 18.08 Mi/hr

Easy spin on the rollers... I made the worst video watching mistake ever! I watched the documentary, "Guiliani Time" - I'll save my rant... for now. All that I will say is that the only person from NYC that has anything nice to say about him is Donald Trump! Put that in you pipe and smoke it!

JUST IN:
I have to add this:

The biggest Republican in the World, George W. Bush, is going to veto the SCHIP Bill!

Why do these so called "compassionate" conservative, family values types support legislation that is so blatantly anti-child... How can a society not give children in need urgent health care?

Ironically, these same people rant about pro-life issues with unabashed fanaticism, but cannot care for the millions of uninsured LIVING children... UGH!

Why? because big tobacco is more important than the health of our children. It is obvious to me that our country is completely governed from corporate America and not by we the people.

And as this save the children bill is vetoed, this person who occupies the White House is asking for another 200 billion of our dollars to fund the debacle in Iraq!!! This is complete insanity... Didn't they tell us that this war would fund itself? Didn't they tell us our military would be greeted with flowers and as liberators (no, they are greeted with IED's and as occupiers)... It was a long time ago (like 4 years and 3500 lives) that GW said, "mission accomplished."

Michael Moore said it very poignantly in his movie, "SICKO": "Are we a nation of me or are we a nation of we?"

Run
  • 53m
  • 6.60 miles
  • 08m 02s /Mi

Easy run with vik and ramone... really cold out there tonight... i loved it!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Bike
  • 41m 59s
  • 15.00 miles
  • 21.44 Mi/hr

Rollers
AVG CAD 71

Run
  • 51m 52s
  • 6.60 miles
  • 07m 52s /Mi

Wash park run... slushy and snow pack. I could have used my yak trax today... sunny... nice.

The lexicon of the right... Doesn't this use of language bother Americans? It bothers me. Referring to our country, our nation as "Homeland" smacks of a fascist Germany. Such lingo-ism is frightening to me. Here are just a few more words that do not sit well with me: Evildoers: When Clinton was in office, he used terms like "geopolitical threat" - is the word evildoer simply the dumbing down of language by a dumb administration or is it some sort of code word for a much darker objective (Project for a New American Century?) - just asking? War Footing: Technically the US is not at war... Nazi Germany translation of "War Footing" is: "kriegsfusz" as explained by Nazi leaders after the pre-war Reichstag fire... War footing... interesting choice of words... I never heard this one used before... at least not until 911 and the introduction of it by Bush and Cheney (Karl Rove's ingenuity?). Sleeper Cell: Sleeper cell - isn't that adopted from Stalin's Russia? Axis of Evil, Islamofascism, etc... This stuff keeps me up at night. Stuff like gulags such as Guantanamo Bay and secret ones scattered around the globe... Hitler had the Enabling Act... Bush has Homeland Security. How similar these two polices are is downright frightening! Then you have all of the Orwellian phrases as well (as in War is Peace): President Bush's "Clear Skies Initiative" weakened the 1970 Clean Air Act by allowing power plants to emit five times more mercury, twice as much sulfur dioxide and one and a half times more nitrogen oxides than previously allowed. President Bush's "Healthy Forests Initiative" funds logging companies' access to old growth trees. The "No Child Left Behind" policy imposes uniform testing policies on school districts, punishing the schools that don't meet the test scores in a way that eliminates art and music enrichment. Few educators see these policies as promoting educational advancement for those currently disadvantaged. Anyway... Its time for me to train now.

Bike
  • 27m 30s
  • 10.00 miles
  • 21.82 Mi/hr

Rollers
AVG CAD: 76

Run
  • 57m 15s
  • 6.60 miles
  • 08m 40s /Mi

A DICK DIME SELF PORTRAIT:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

EPIC

Early morning run in the fluffy snow with Ramone free-doggin' (well at least at Washington Park). I was going to not run today cuz I need a little rest, but when I crawled out of bed and looked out the window I had one of two choices... Hop on the rollers and listen to my liberal talk radio crapola... or bundle up and run in the ever to rare Denver snow! Well, I looked at Ramone and I could practically hear his little heart beat a bit faster... Ramone looks like Rudolph out in the snow! Anyway, what a great way to start the day... Oh, and to all of you people driving down Speer BLVD at a snails pace: Ha Ha!

Yak Trax rule!

Bike
  • 41m 17s
  • 15.00 miles
  • 21.80 Mi/hr

Rollers... I'm starting to pedal better...

AVG CAD 78

Run
  • 51m 48s
  • 6.60 miles
  • 07m 51s /Mi

BRICK - about a 10 min trans.

Wash park x1, snow packed and messy.

legs are still not recovered completely... calfs and a bit of quad pain...

More Senseless gun violence... this time two related shootings at church's in Colorado Springs and Arvada... Yep... I guess we should do as zealot NRA types would have you believe: More Guns! Yeah, that's it, we need more guns in societies hands. To hunters: If you need a Semi-automatic weapons (actually more than 1 bullet), a high powered scope, and other gadgets to slaughter Bambi, you need to consider playing another sport! For more info on needless gun violence view my blog form Thursday.

Bike
  • 1h 05m 55s
  • 20.00 miles
  • 18.20 Mi/hr

Easy Spin on the rollers. No hard efforts, I just alternated between between the aero position and sitting up. I watched the Cowboys/Lions and during the ever frequent commercial breaks, I rode aero and during play, I rode sitting up...

AVG CAD 74

Hotrodmeg took some photos of Chilly Cheeks One: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=7335 IMPORTANT UPDATE!!! AP Reports: BT nearly sweeps Chilly Cheeks but Kilo Dave crashes bike like a frickin' wussy! 1st: dills38 - 55:40 2nd: DickDime - 56:11 3rd: Andy Palmer (dethroned king of Chilly Cheeks) - 1:00:10 4th: James Dunkelberger (What? Who?) - 1:00:51 5TH: KILODAVE - 1:01:22 (I suspect he spent more than a minute and twenty-one seconds fixing his chain) My bike is clean... I raced it in the snow and it looks like it never went outside! It was so cold that the snow was dry and it never got my bike dirty!

Bike
  • 29m 59s
  • 10.80 miles
  • 21.61 Mi/hr

after a fast transition (sorry dills, I had the fastest transition today), I got out and rode ok on the icy road... I could not generate any explosive power and eventually dills did catch me, but overall I was happy.

Run
  • 24m 11s
  • 3.93 miles
  • 06m 09s /Mi

I ran OK considering my marathon was 5 days ago... 2nd place overall on the run. Lots of slide back on the ice... sore calf's. I was pleased with the effort

I had lots of fun at Chilly Cheeks today. I can't believe how many BTers showed up!! It is really amazing how strong this community is and how important it has become to me over the last 3 years. I won't list the names cuz you all know who you are... but wow... I am a better athlete because of this site and more specifically because of the Colorado BT contingent! Anyway, I went out today on tired legs; snow a-falling and it was cold. I impressed myself with a 5:42 first mile in spite of the slide back on the icy road. I finished the run in second place (ahead of dills) and then took first place quickly on the bike leg... Unfortunately The Dills hunted me down like a lame dog and shot me dead. I ended up in second place, but second to Dills is first in my book! It was so much fun. I love racing especially when BTers are there!

DickDime's Training Log

December 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • October's totals
  • September's totals