D I C K D I M E

The following equipment is nearing replacement:

Wednesday - December 19

Run
  • 42m
  • 5.00 miles
  • 08m 24s /Mi

slow pm run with Ramone... we followed a cross country ski trail as far as we could until the dark made it impossible to continue, so we turned around.

Sport
  • Snowboarding
  • 5h 00m

Snowboarding at vail. Rode really hard... I can tell that it was my first day back riding... Beaver Creek tomorrow!

Tuesday - December 18

Bike
  • 53m 02s
  • 15.20 miles
  • 17.20 Mi/hr

Easy spin at Washington Park with Sergeant Vik... The park is still pretty icy in many spots so we kept it at a slow conversational pace

AVG CAD 73

Run
  • 29m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 07m 15s /Mi

Dreadmill run before dinner... Campo Di Fiore tonight!

tight hammy

I am heading up to Vail for 3 days/2 nights... My buddy, Ted owns a condo at the Racquet Club in East Vail and is generous enough to let me borrow it for a few nights!! Hopefully, I can get some snowshoeing in and some excellent riding too! I love winter in Colorado!

Monday - December 17

Bike
  • 40m 18s
  • 12.00 miles
  • 17.87 Mi/hr

Recovery ride on the rollers... pretty easy... some no hands stretches... but that is about all.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I feel a little worked this morning... I'm not sure if its because of the back to back races or all of the road sodas Vik and I consumed on the drive back from Beaver Creek... (we had a designated driver). Today may be a rest day... perhaps an easy spin on the bike at most... no running.

Sunday - December 16

Run
  • 1h 08m 30s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 11m 03s /Mi

First Snow Shoe Race/first time running in snow shoes.

Beaver Creak... 10K 2000 feet of vertical...

1st place AG...
7th place overall
The only person on The Beaver Creek Snow Shoe team to beat me was Bernie Boettcher, but no one beats Bernie... unless you are world class Xterra triathlete, Seth Wealing, who won overall today...

I was very happy with today's race... I exceeded all of my goals and expectations and beat sponsored snowshoe racers from company's like Atlas... It's not my calling... but it won't be my last snowshoe race either.

Sergeant Vik and RidgeRunner were also out there kicking butt from BT today... The course was BRUTAL - I'll say it again, The course was BRUTAL

Saturday - December 15

Run
  • 39m 01s
  • 6.28 miles
  • 06m 13s /Mi

Rudolph's Revenge 10K at Chatfield Rez.

The entire route was covered in snow... the pavement and the trail was either ice, hard pack or fresh snow...

Very cold, but the sun made it feel pretty nice out there!

I was 7th overall and 2nd in my age group today.

Surprisingly, there were a ton of racers today as well as a lot of BTers representing.

I ran pretty well considering the conditions.

Splits:
Mile 1: 5:54 AVG HR 163
Mile 2 and 3: 12:08 AVG HR 164
Mile 4: 6:43 AVG HR 167 (up the damn!)
Mile 5: 6:28 AVG HR 167
Mile 6 plus the final .28: 7:41 AVG HR 167

Friday - December 14

Unscheduled rest day... drove around looking trying to find racing/running snowshoes... no luck. I will have to buy them on-line... Luckily, it looks like my buddy Hank has a pair and will loan them to me for Sunday's race... Once I return his set of Zipp 999 race wheels... LOL!

Thursday - December 13

Bike
  • 39m 49s
  • 12.00 miles
  • 18.08 Mi/hr

Easy spin on the rollers... I made the worst video watching mistake ever! I watched the documentary, "Guiliani Time" - I'll save my rant... for now. All that I will say is that the only person from NYC that has anything nice to say about him is Donald Trump! Put that in you pipe and smoke it!

JUST IN:
I have to add this:

The biggest Republican in the World, George W. Bush, is going to veto the SCHIP Bill!

Why do these so called "compassionate" conservative, family values types support legislation that is so blatantly anti-child... How can a society not give children in need urgent health care?

Ironically, these same people rant about pro-life issues with unabashed fanaticism, but cannot care for the millions of uninsured LIVING children... UGH!

Why? because big tobacco is more important than the health of our children. It is obvious to me that our country is completely governed from corporate America and not by we the people.

And as this save the children bill is vetoed, this person who occupies the White House is asking for another 200 billion of our dollars to fund the debacle in Iraq!!! This is complete insanity... Didn't they tell us that this war would fund itself? Didn't they tell us our military would be greeted with flowers and as liberators (no, they are greeted with IED's and as occupiers)... It was a long time ago (like 4 years and 3500 lives) that GW said, "mission accomplished."

Michael Moore said it very poignantly in his movie, "SICKO": "Are we a nation of me or are we a nation of we?"

Run
  • 53m
  • 6.60 miles
  • 08m 02s /Mi

Easy run with vik and ramone... really cold out there tonight... i loved it!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

DickDime's Training Log

December 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Volume

Time
Distance