The following equipment is nearing replacement:

Friday - December 28

Run
  • 1h 25m 20s
  • 7.00 miles
  • 12m 11s /Mi

EPIC, EPIC, EPIC!!!
SNOWSHOE RUN
Got my new snowshoes... screwed in a pair of my old Saucony Fastwich racing shoes and grabbed ramone... Hit the old Green MTN trail loop. SUNNY... soft course with some deep snow... I loved every minute of it... I'm not sure if I can do that 20 mile ultra race next week... wait... yes I WILL!

Snow shoeing is hard... I have run this course in 50 minutes!

About 1400 feet of ascent

Thursday - December 27

Run
  • 1h 01m 12s
  • 6.60 miles
  • 09m 16s /Mi

slow run around wash park through the deep snow... Thank goodness for yak trax!

I HAVE LOGGED MY 2000th running mile this year!!!

I have a mild case of whiplash, from my bone-crunching snowboarding crash... I can't turn my head very far without pain. I will try running in a few. I hope it doesn't hurt too much.

Wednesday - December 26

Bike
  • 50m 16s
  • 15.00 miles
  • 17.90 Mi/hr

Late night roller spin... nothing special, just felt the need to burn a few calories...

AVG CAD 72

Sport
  • Snowboarding
  • 3h 00m

Steep and difficult terrain at Breckenridge - very cold

Tuesday - December 25

rest day... not scheduled (they never are), but needed

Monday - December 24

Run
  • 1h 05m 01s
  • 8.40 miles
  • 07m 44s /Mi

nice xmas eve run... thinking too hard about stuff/people/etc. :(

Sunday - December 23

Bike
  • 56m 54s
  • 20.00 miles
  • 21.09 Mi/hr

Good session on the rollers... longest session since I began using them again this month.

AVG CAD 78

So I was watching a documentary off of Netflix's nifty "watch Instantly" feature while riding my rollers... I haven't finished watching "Unborn In The USA" yet but I will when I return from my run.. but let me say regardless of what side of Roe V. Wade you reside, you should see this documentary. Intense.

As for me, I'm not sure what the Pro-Life movement is all about... life or religion?

One thing is certain:
If bombings on American soil are considered terrorist acts, what terrorists should we fear most?
Bombings by Islam on American soil: 2 The World Trade Center twice (3 if you count the USS Cole)

We also had Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor...

So we have had Saudi backed terrorists striking twice, and Japan once...

We had that nut job American Fascist bombing in Oklahoma City...

Then, since 1977, we have had 40 bombings of Planned Parenthood And other WOMENS health clinics!

Yeah, from what I can tell we don't have to worry about Islam coming over hear to terrorize us... The terrorists already live hear!

Now I'm off to think about this some more on my run!

Run
  • 50m 05s
  • 6.60 miles
  • 07m 35s /Mi

Wash park... cold! I was just cruising... and then some guy came up behind me and I decided to just let him pass me... Then after a minute or so of staring at his a$$ I decided to pass him... I picked up the pace and as I passed him I made sure that my breathing was very quiet... and then I slowly picked up the pace for about a mile or so... probably about a 6:00 minute pace... after that I didn't hear him so I continued on and thought about whether I should do an Ultra 20 mile snowshoe race up in Leadville the first week of January. Over 2000 feet of climbing. Starting at 10,000 feet with most of the race above 11,000 feet. hmmm... I'm about to snipe a bid in on ebay on a pair of Northern Lites Racing snowshoes which end in 13 minutes... the bidding is at 51 bux... I'm going to come in right at the finish with an in it to win it bid! If I win, I think I will race the ultra!

I won! I won a pair of Northern Lite Elite racing snowshoes on eBay... price paid: $134 They retail for $199... but the pair that I won (used twice) have the fancy bindings that connect right to your running shoes... so mine are like the ones pictured but without that mess of bindings... so they are lighter and faster! Photobucket

Saturday - December 22

Run
  • 1h 37m
  • 12.00 miles
  • 08m 05s /Mi

Got up early and met Justin (Hood to Coast Teamer) and Sgt Vik for a frigid jaunt at the canal. The canal was snow covered and and icy but it was pleasant and I felt pretty good. Gorgeous sunrise and it helped warm my gizzard.

Photobucket

DickDime's Training Log

December 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Volume

Time
Distance