D I C K D I M E

Monday - December 3

I'm sore... Nothing on tap for today... maybe an easy spin tomorrow. Race Report is up

Sunday - December 2

Run
  • 2h 53m 38s
  • 26.20 miles
  • 06m 38s /Mi

Ok, I'll be doing a race report and repeating some of this, but Dime got his a$$ handed to him today... I've been a little sickly all week (not that that is an excuse) and the winds were as advertised: BRUTAL. But I ran my fastest 20 mile race ever!!! I hit 20 in 2:08 something (6:24 pace)... to put that in perspective, I ran a 20 mile race 2 months ago and came in 3rd place with a 2:14... the winner was 2:10 something... so yeah... I had some juice, but sadly, not enough to reach my goal of a sub-2:50 mary. Its a shame too, cuz I had time in the bank at 20. Still, I did manage a personal best even though mile 23-26 were some of the slowest miles I've run in recent memory. The cramping in my calfs nearly reduced me to a walk... The only thing that kept me running was the fact that I knew that even if I ran 8 minute miles to the finish, I could still PB.

Times of note: 39 minute 10k, 1:23 first half (might have been too fast), and my 20 mile split mentioned above...

I'm a little bummed, but hey... I've got Chilly Cheeks to worry about and I did sign up for an Ironman next year!

Time to move on!

My Buddy Ted slayed and ran a 2:50:40... I'm proud of him!!

Up early... showered, body glided up... here goes nothing... winds are a howlin'

Saturday - December 1

Run
  • 24m
  • 3.00 miles
  • 08m /Mi

easy hilly run with ted and his uncle, paul around the neighborhood.

Great Day at the Expo... Had a large pasta dinner at Macaroni Grill. I'm fat and full. My goals may have to be less ambitious... It looks like the weather calls for 15-30 mph winds with gusts of 45 from the south... which means head winds and some cross winds. Not good...

Friday - November 30

Dime is HUNGRY! What shall I have for breakfast? Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Shiza! I have that beginning to get sick feeling... achy muscles, general weakness especially in the lower legs... I'm worried... this better not blow up on me! I haven't been sick in months and months... not now! I'm off to the Airport... I can do this even if I get sick... This little marathon thing is only 2:40 something minutes... so I'm running no matter what!

Thursday - November 29

Run
  • 28m 20s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 07m 05s /Mi

treadmill... started slow and then ran the last mile faster than race pace. about 6:15

Man o man, Dime feels like a fat PIG sitting at Dunkin' Donuts with my a$$ crack proudly exposed to the world behind me... Eyes firmly glued to the 60 year old cleavage in front of me as my coffee is warmed! As Ocky likes to say, "I'm living the Dream." OINK OINK! Dentist at 10... I better get a quick 4 miles in on the treadie before I get my mouth hammered! Sun is out! I hope it warms my attitude today! It must be this frickin' taper... I actually took a day off yesterday for the first time in 38 days. I hope my jeans still fit! 3 days to go!

Wednesday - November 28

Does anyone want to babysit Ramone?! I'm leaving for California (for the California International Marathon) on Friday and returning Sunday night. I could drop him off Thursday night or Friday morning and then pick him up Sunday evening. He is a fun loving criminal... LOVES other dogs and cats... really, really loves kids and doesn't have a mean bone in his body. He will run with you on a leash, wrestle with you and he also loves to snuggle (a lot). If interested: email me @ verve500@comcast.net Thanks, Dime! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday - November 27

Run
  • 45m 55s
  • 5.80 miles
  • 07m 55s /Mi

Easy run with Ted. Cold. My left IT Band was a little tight, but I think the cold may have played into that since I wore shorts.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

DickDime's Training Log

December 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Volume

Time
Distance