Then 5 Yasso 800's with 400m cool downs

Then after Yasso's another 2000 meter cool down

The workout:

800m @ 2:45 AHR 151 MAX 165
800m @ 2:53 AHR 154 MAX 164
800m @ 2:41 AHR 159 MAX 171
800m @ 2:45 AHR 158 MAX 170
800m @ 2:40 AHR 162 MAX 173

I am very excited about these times... I raced on Sunday and I didn't think I was going to be very fast, but I was! Also, This is only my second track workout since early summer. I'm way ahead of my workouts from 2 years ago when I did a 2:54 mary in Cali and WAY ahead of anything I did last fall when I went on to do a 2:56 in NYC... If I'm smart and continue to train well and without injury, I think I can do a sub 2:50 marathon... I'm stoked. The key is to remember that I will be training a longer than usual cycle and I need to be patient so that I don't get injured or burnt out before Cali... YES!

Oh, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, but losing weight increases your speed. I am a strong runner... I'm not a bean pole like most fast guys. I rely on my strength to get me to the finish, but since I've lost a little weight, I have seen a big increase in my speed. And, I still feel strong.

Ramone has been watching Napoleon Dynamite over and over... Click the link below to watch the World's best tetherballer! [URL=http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff165/510retro/?action=view¤t=eb630541.pbr][IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff165/510retro/th_eb630541.jpg[/IMG][/URL] I think that I'll try and go to track practice tonight. If I do, I'll not go 100% on the intervals... I'll just try and run hard... My legs are not fully recovered yet, but I want to run up there in the zone!

Tuesday - September 25

Run
  • 51m 37s
  • 6.60 miles
  • 07m 49s /Mi

I felt pretty slow out there today... my calf is still sore from Sunday's race. I love the cooler temps. I think I'm happy that I didn't get into the Chicago Marathon... I like that the California International Marathon is in early December... The fall is running season!

Ramone changed his look! Do you like it, yes or no? Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday - September 24

Run
  • 36m 44s
  • 4.50 miles
  • 08m 10s /Mi

Easy recovery jog with ramone... Ramone is a good jogger.

I felt pretty good considering yesterday's hard effort. some stiffness in my calf and my hammy...

True Blue I am a blue blood I will admit that I dance in blue shoes and wear a blue hat Live in a blue house On a blue street In a blue town By a blue creek I write my blue songs With my blue pen I sing the blue notes To my blue friends Now I don't know that much about you But I like you Because you're true blue I had a blue dream About a blue star In it I drove there In my blue car and when I got there I met a blue dog With a blue tongue We had some real fun We bounced a blue ball It broke a blue glass We banged on blue drums and call it blue grass I guess the thing I'm trying to tell you Is that it's best, kid If you're true blue Once I had gangrene I got it real bad So the doc came with his black bag I said 'You know, Doc, I dont feel swell, if you had a blue bag, I think I'd get well..' So he came right back With a blue sack He said 'Will this do?' I said 'Why not, Yea" That's why im here today To tell you That it's best, man To be true blue Out on the blue sea I sailed a blue ship I had a first mate Always had blue lip His name was Bluebeard He had a weird twitch He flew a blue flag On a big stick And we ate blue gill and we ate blue chips Oh I felt real blue, eating that blue fish Because there ain't much that I won't do Unless it keeps me from being true blue Once in a blue moon There's a blue sky I wear my blue jeans and fly my blue kite Hangs like a bluebird, until the wind dies And then the tears pour Out of my blue eyes If it's your birthday We'll bake a blue cake And then we'll eat it off these blue plates 'Cause kid I don't know much about you But I like you because you're true blue Yeah I don't know much about you But I like you 'cause you're True! Blue! -- Conor Oberst (Bright Eyes)

Sunday - September 23

Run
  • 2h 14m 03s
  • 20.00 miles
  • 06m 42s /Mi

3RD Place!

1.5 years ago I did one of these 20 mile races and came in 1st with a 2:20:30... This time I kill it, and it only gets me 3rd... Oh well, I was thinking that if things went well I could go under 2:20, but I never considered going 2:14:03.

My calf held up too.

I had a fantastic race. I haven't run 20 miles since Feb. so I was totally unsure about how I would hold up. I did get an easy 16 mile run in last week... but at an 8 min mile pace.

This course wasn't easy it actually had 600 feet of ascent.

Out and back x 2

I ran the 1st 5 miles with a friend that I compete against regularly. We chatted and let the lead pack of 3 guys go... at about mile 7 I started picking up the pace... at mile 10 I maintained my fast pace and actually had my fastest mile on the uphill mile 15 (6:22). I stayed really strong through 17... I faded a bit after that, but I caught the 3rd place guy at 18 and nearly caught the 2nd place guy (he ended up beating me by 36 sec. even though at one point he had a 3 - 4 min. lead on me).

I did negative split the course by 6 seconds so my fade was well managed.

So anyway I'm really pleased with my run today. I have 5 more 20 mile runs planned before the California International Mary.

I guess my recent weight loss has helped my running!

Today's Splits:
6:31, 7:04, 6:56, 6:58, 6:42, 6:38, 6:31, 6:37, 6:34, 6:34
6:29, 6:31, 6:30, 6:31, 6:22
6:36, 6:46, 7:00, 6:57, 7:07

OUCH! Weird thing happened while sleeping... my right calf completely cramped up and it woke me up... I have a big knot in my calf now... I Don't know how it will feel in today's race... this is going to be interesting. So it is Kenny's (triathlonfun) birthday... Last night a few BT folks got together for drinks and laughs... Kenny was sauced... Still he is looking good for 42! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday - September 22

Run
  • 1h 10m 54s
  • 9.40 miles
  • 07m 32s /Mi

Ran nice and easy in the wind and sun. it was warm out there today.

On a positive note, my legs felt great!

I weighed in today and my weight is low and my body fat too. I'm trying to get down to 135 for the marathon but not this soon (137 lbs and 4.4% today)... I should be around 140 or so at this point. I probably need to eat better. The weight loss is not from my training because I have totally cut back. I was running at around 143 during tri season...

I am racing tomorrow morning! I'm doing a 20 mile race in Westminster... I'm a little nervous because I haven't run that far since February. My longest run so far has been 16 miles in this training cycle. I hope my legs hold up! In any event, I intend to start out fairly easy... 7:20 pace or so... if I feel good at 10, I will try and open up for as long as I can... 6:30-6:50 until I blow up. I just want to test myself to see how where I stand right now. If I can go under 2:20 for the 20 mile race I will be VERY happy. I still have a long way to go before the California International Marathon, but I'd like to be starting off at a fairly high level. If you want to hear one of the songs in my current play list, sample this one from Memphis, Tennessee's, Reigning Sound. Check it out on itunes. Soulful, delicate and it rocks without the need to be heavy. Another wildly under-appreciated band. WOW! Funny Thing Take it, take it from me, It's gonna hurt you. But baby you've got to set him free. How, how can you be sure? You won't wind up right back, oh you adore. Love, Is a funny thing, Don't know its real Till it cause you pain... Till its caused you pain. Why, why can't you be true? I see the things you do, until you're all alone Love, Is a funny thing, Don't know its real Till it cause you pain... Till its caused you pain. Love, Is a funny thing, Don't know its real Till it cause you pain... Till its caused you pain. - Reigning Sound (from "Home For Orphans")

Friday - September 21

Run
  • 49m 59s
  • 6.60 miles
  • 07m 34s /Mi

I was glad to find a few minutes to squeeze a run in today. I had some social responsibilities so between work and society stuff I didn't have much time.

Ok run. some aches and pains but nothing bad...

Wow. Life is hard. Holy Shit!

Thursday - September 20

I just got back from Aspen... here are a few photos of my dog, Ramone. Enjoy. On top of Independence Pass: Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket In an Aspen grove: Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Dog is my co-pilot: Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket On Golden Dog: Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Marmot hunting: Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Proud like a marine: Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket The Aspen's are turning! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

DickDime's Training Log

September 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races

Totals