I don't want to, but I think I am going to force myself to take a full rest day. I need to be careful. I have never raced with as much frequency as I have during the last 3 months of 2007 and January looks like a 5 or 6 race month as well! REST DUMB DICK
Run
  • 38m 21s
  • 6.30 miles
  • 06m 05s /Mi

Woke up with a wild hair and decided to to drive to Colorado Springs and run The Rescue 10K this morning.

This was frickin' hard! Mostly uphill for the fist 5 miles... I will be curious to see what KiloDave's Garmin recorded the ascent at!!

I am stoked with my time on this course.

1st Age Group
9th Overall

Ended 2007 with an age group win last night and rolled that into 2008 with another age group win and a top ten finish today!

Ugh... I'm a little hung-over... I didn't even go out... I had 3 post race Rolling Rocks, half a bottle of wine and some Champagne. I watched South park and missed the new year... missed the fireworks... missed the chaos in he bars and streets... fell asleep safely on the couch by about 12:30 woke up at 2:30 and went to bed. Oh, now I'm up at 6:30 and I'm still in my running clothes from last night. There is a 10K race down in Colorado Springs this morning at 10. I'm thinking that I might as well drag my ass down there and race. KiloDave and HotrodMeg are racing... or, I could go snowboarding... or I could take Ramone snowshoeing.... hmm, I'm going to go grab today's fish wrap and ponder this at the "library" for a few minutes. It is 2008.

Bike
  • 25m 47s
  • 10.00 miles
  • 23.27 Mi/hr

Rollers - Avg CAD: 83

Run
  • 18m 55s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 06m 05s /Mi

Resolution 5K race at Washington Park...

I think that I won my Age Group but I did not top 10... probably 11th or 12th overall.

The course was snow and ice covered again... I can't wait to finally run on pavement. It was also windy and very cold!

Not my best race but I think a good time on a very icy course.

1st mile was fast! 5:31... I don't know how I ran that fast on the ice, but I did... may have contributed to my fade.

2007 – A year I will never forget… Photobucket Athletic accomplishments: (At 42 years old, I continue to improve as an athlete. I don’t have time to lament my years of inactivity – 22-37… I’m glad that I found this part of me again and I’m going to continue to get faster). Number of races in '07: 20 (I may be missing one or two) Results in Age group: 1st place: 5, 2nd place: 2, 3rd place: 4 Results overall: 1st place: 1, 2nd place: 2, 3rd place: 1 Top 10: 10 Personal Bests: Marathon: 2:53:38 ½ Marathon: 1:21:13 (had a PB twice at this distance) 4 mile: 23:12 5K: 17:55 Half Ironman: 4:45:56 OLY: 2:28:06 Total Training Miles: Bicycling: 5,238 (I rode 2X as many miles in 2007 as in 2006) Running: 2,026 (I ran over 300 more miles this year and this was my 3rd year out of the last 4 that I rand 2K or more miles) Swimming: 88,312 meters (70K more than last year and all in the first 7 months of 2007) In addition to my personal accomplishments I had more FUN training than I ever have before. I have trained with many BTers and more importantly, we have become friends as well. I FRICKIN’ loved training with Mark Dillard! When the year started he was gearing up for IMAZ and I learned so much by training regularly with him. I will say, I don’t enjoy getting my ass handed to me by him race after race, but I do know he can hear Dime’s breathing and I think we both are better athletes because of each other. Also, the road trip to the Wildflower HIM in April with Julia, Vik and of course, Lilia was EPIC. That memory is dear to me for many reasons: Mostly though, it was my last great memory of Lilia. Tata, Devotchka! With that said, I am better athlete and a better person because of everyone here on BT! All of the inspires, kind words and friendly jabs have kept me getting up and out the door even during the difficult months when the thought of just getting out of bed seemed impossible. I am lucky. The sweet cheer Dime up party organized by Tyra and hosted by Scott, touched my surly soul. Looking back, I cannot believe how many kind words I received, how many warm PM’s and just how plain genuine, all of my friends on BT are. May the heavens rain Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer upon each and every one of you! Yeah, who would have thought that an on-line social networking site would have, could have, become so important to me… but it has. I feel like Bumble, The Abominable Snowman, from Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer – once Yukon and Hermie extract Bumbles teeth, he’s all soft and mushy… like Dime is now. Now on to 2008! I will run my first IRONMAN (as many of you will too)! All of us are going to accomplish so much in 2008… I can’t wait to begin this chapter. I’m looking forward to knowing my friends here better, training smarter/harder and reaching new goals. I have yet to complete my race list but I hope to race a lot. Some of the races that I will or may do include: The Chilly Cheeks Duathlon, The Winter Distance Series, The Beaver Creek Snowshoe series, The Canyonlands Half Marathon… The Boston Marathon or the Fort Collins Marathon, the 5430 TRI Series, Lake 2 Lake OLY, perhaps and early season HIM, the Bolder Boulder 10K, The Hood to Coast Relay and then of course… IRONMAN ARIZONA in November! Yeah… bring it on… I’m ready. 2007 is in the books and it was quite a year… Sorry, no politics in this post! I think you all know how I feel about that! Happy New Year! LOVE, Dick Dime

Run
  • 1h 26m 30s
  • 10.00 miles
  • 08m 39s /Mi

Ran with my buddy Simon out at the Highline Canal this morning... trail was completely snow-packed so I am glad that I wore my Yak Trax... Those things are awesome!!

Bike
  • 54m 47s
  • 15.00 miles
  • 16.43 Mi/hr

Tired, forced ride on the rollers.

Watched a documentary about the Flaming Lips called "The Fearless Freaks" - very interesting!

My ride though was sucky. I just didn't feel like riding and my legs were a little tired from yesterday's snowshoe.

AVG CAD 72

Run
  • 1h 25m 20s
  • 7.00 miles
  • 12m 11s /Mi

EPIC, EPIC, EPIC!!!
SNOWSHOE RUN
Got my new snowshoes... screwed in a pair of my old Saucony Fastwich racing shoes and grabbed ramone... Hit the old Green MTN trail loop. SUNNY... soft course with some deep snow... I loved every minute of it... I'm not sure if I can do that 20 mile ultra race next week... wait... yes I WILL!

Snow shoeing is hard... I have run this course in 50 minutes!

About 1400 feet of ascent

Run
  • 1h 01m 12s
  • 6.60 miles
  • 09m 16s /Mi

slow run around wash park through the deep snow... Thank goodness for yak trax!

I HAVE LOGGED MY 2000th running mile this year!!!

I have a mild case of whiplash, from my bone-crunching snowboarding crash... I can't turn my head very far without pain. I will try running in a few. I hope it doesn't hurt too much.

DickDime's Training Log

January 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • November's totals
  • October's totals