Travel day... no workout - got in at 2:30 AM
tic toc tic toc tic toc... ironman this week! As far as I know, there are no warrants for the arrest of Dick Dime in Arizona so I should be good to go provided we don't get pulled over in Utah. Absolutely no time to train today...
Run #1
  • 20m
  • 3.00 miles
  • 06m 40s /Mi

treadmill

Run #2
  • 21m
  • 3.00 miles
  • 07m /Mi

Treadmill

Swim
  • 23m
  • 1000.00 meters
  • 02m 18s /100 meters

swim

My aero helmet came in today: The LG Rocket Air... Look out Dime will be geeked out in AZ!! Along with my helmet came two more boxes... in one was a sweet Zipp Sub 9 Rear disc wheel and in the other a Zipp 808 front wheel; courtesy of Colorado Multisport. I can't thank them enough - truly a great store to work with! So when I get out of the water, get out of my way cuz I'll be a hummin'! I can't wait to ride them. Still, I am a bit nervous about my cycling fitness since my mileage has tailed off, but shit, nearly 11,000 miles over the last 2 years should be good enough to pull off a fast little century ride. As far as the run goes, I'm ready. I'm very confident in my running fitness although I may have a slight pull in my right quad from yesterday's super hard finish. Nothing a few easy days shouldn't take care of. I think I'm capable of a 5:20 bike ride and a 3:20 run - if somehow I manage a 1:20 swim I'm at 10hrs plus transitions... That should be in the Kona Qualify Zone. If things are going really well for me I could be more like 1:20 swim, 5:10 bike and a 3:10 run which would put me at 9:40 plus transitions and that would be a KQ time for sure... Yeah, yeah... I know. I do have to get through the swim. I'm not afraid. I'm just going to swim, and swim and swim. I'll finish. The number I'm looking for is 1:20! I don't know if I can swim a 1:20 and I've never swam that far in my life, but I'm gonna try. It is really hard to say but I'd be happy with anything under 10:30, thrilled with anything under 10:10 and in my heart of hearts I would love to go sub 10. Who knows, anything is possible including a meltdown or a bike breakdown... the only thing I can really do is just race smart and steady, stay fueled up and hope that I hold up. In the end, I WILL be an Ironman and that is the only thing that I can guarantee. I'm as ready as I can be!

Run
  • 1h 40m
  • 12.30 miles
  • 08m 08s /Mi

Hilly course easy out, race pace back. Ran with Rachel, Allison and Brian. Strong effort

Swim
  • 22m
  • 1000.00 meters
  • 02m 12s /100 meters
imaz number: 1287 So yeah, I've been on the DL for a while. Thoughts: Politics: I'm thrilled about the Obama victory... Ironman: My Training has been marginal, but I still have lofty ambitions and I believe in myself. I hope that is enough to get me to Kona. If not... life goes on. Career: I am happy in work. I love doing the music thing, I just hate being poor. Family: I miss my daughter. Granny died. I get lonesome at times. Ramone rocks! Friends: I value my friends, but I probably don't express that enough. I need to work on this. Goals: To find a sense of balance. More thoughts: Are we still at war with Iraq? I haven't heard anything lately... I guess it is over. And Wallmart still sucks, The Hummer killed Detroit, animals are not food, church's (Mormon, Catholic, etc) should pay income tax as should corporations, health care is a right not a privelage, drugs should be de-criminalized and prisons should not be privatized, a college education should be based on merit and free to every American, War profiteering is treasonous, white fat talk show hosts suck, and finally I voted for Obama because he is black... and smart, logical, inspiring - hopefully he is the real deal. And a few more things while I'm at it... Note to the radicals on the right... A womens body is her own. Stop trying to mandate control over it. Yeah, I'm talking to you Mr. "Promise Keeper" and to you Mr. Domestic terrorist; you who thinks that bombing health clinics is God's will! And a big middle finger to the Mormon Church (LDS) for spending 25 million dollars on Proposition 8. Who in John Smiths name gives them the right to define what love is and who can be married. Holy poligamy, how hypocrytical and unconstitutional... lets make that two middle fingers to them.

Bike
  • 2h 10m
  • 42.00 miles
  • 19.38 Mi/hr

wow... nice weather cuz I rode in Denver

Run
  • 29m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 07m 15s /Mi

brick

Run #1
  • 20m 30s