D I C K D I M E

Tuesday - November 25

Monday - November 24

THANK YOU! I am thrilled to be an Ironman but without question, much more pleased by all of the well wishes and congratulatroy inspires. Again, thank you. I'm satisfied with my time out there. Something is off, however. I am emotioanally reflective; like I need to reconsider what is important in life. I don't know... lots of time to think about it on the drive home. I'm pretty sore too. My knee and Calf aren't working properly right now... Race report soon. Swim: 1:24, Bike 5:29, RUN 3:40 or so... Not quite sure yet. Total time 10:43 I think I'm all messed up because I lost my Finsher's Hat already : (

Sunday - November 23

Bike
  • 5h 30m 10s
  • 112.00 miles
  • 20.35 Mi/hr

Slower than I had hoped. My bike mileage and fitness definitely was effected by my inconsistent training since moving to Vail. If I did this in August, I would have done much better.

Run
  • 3h 41m 21s
  • 26.20 miles
  • 08m 27s /Mi

Bad run... I was in trouble by mile two. Cramp in calf and my left knee was experiencing extreme stiffness and pain.

Swim
  • 1h 24m 21s
  • 3862.00 meters
  • 02m 11s /100 meters

The farthest swim of my life. I never swam more than 2000 meters before this!

up before my wakeup call; 3am... Front desk made me coffee and I'm about ready to take my shower... No real plan. I will swim and hope to get out of the water in 1:25 or better. I have 5 Gu's and 4 packs of shot blocks on the bike plus Gatorade Endurance. I will put a cinnamon and brown sugar pop tart in my special needs bag plus a red bull... just in case. The bike should be good... winds are expected to be in the 5 mph range... I am racing on feel, not HR or Watts, so I could be anywhere between 5 - 5:30 on the bike. I'm expecting a 5:15 The run will be tough for everyone. The weather forcast calls for Sun and 80s. I'm a pretty good runner in the heat so I'm not afraid. I will hydrate on a gatorade bottle for the first 7-8 miles and then just do gu and water... I'm expecting about a 3:20 run... If my math is right that puts me right around 10 hours plus transitions which should get me in KONA range... People around here, the athlete's, keep saying, "It will be what it will be" as they discuss their race. I can't look at it like that. It will be what I decide it will be. And it is going to be an amazing day. A long day. It will be my day! Till later... DD

Saturday - November 22

Bike
  • 24m
  • 7.00 miles
  • 17.50 Mi/hr
Run
  • 14m 21s
  • 2.00 miles
  • 07m 11s /Mi
Swim
  • 15m
  • 700.00 meters
  • 02m 08s /100 meters
I went to the Arizona Mills Mall Food Court for dinner... It sucked the life right out of me. I could rant about it, but I won't, besides Not Another Teen Movie is on Comedy Central... Race tomorrow!

Friday - November 21

Bike
  • 34m
  • 9.00 miles
  • 15.88 Mi/hr

easy spin with dills on the run course

Swim
  • 12m
  • 400.00 meters
  • 03m /100 meters

Cold and choppy watere... holy shit... I rode my bike along the water-way and the swim course goes on forever!

What a day... I still haven't found time to rest... luckily there is good wine and cheap beer readily available in the desert! : ) Got up a little hung over this morning... thanks Brett! Dude tried to get me drunk. Suka! Today, I got up early and swam and rode a bit... then I had lunch wiht Mark, Dave and his hottie wife, Meg. After that, I took my bike in for a tune. turns out my chain (11K on it) was dead and neaded to be changed... I also had many other bike issues including my small chain ring was on backwards! What? good thing I never ride the small chain ring... After that we went to dinner and I came home and ripped the tubulars off my wheels so that I can put some Stan's into them and to change the front which had a bid divet in it... I'm ready to do this. I think I'm going to kill this course because I feel that it is time to visit Hawaii... I've never been there. And finally... If anyone is curious about what I've been up to since moving to Vail... The Vail Daily ran a piece about me today: http://www.vaildaily.com/article/20081120/AE/811209912/1064&title=Dick%20Dime%20brings%20big-city%20sensibity%20to%20Vail's%20music%20scene

Thursday - November 20

Bike
  • 1h 10m
  • 21.00 miles
  • 18.00 Mi/hr

Scary ride in heavy traffic. had to stop at a lot of traffic lights... I got lost, it got dark and I had to take a cab back to the hote. Phoenix sort of blows chunks... I like the area in Tempe around the school, but other than that this place is an armpit.

Run
  • 31m 25s
  • 4.01 miles
  • 07m 50s /Mi

Easy PM run along the canal. warmer than I'm used to. felt ok.

Things must be really bad at Ford Motor Comapny theses day. My $550 entry fee into Ironman Arizona got me the lamest goody bag of any race that I have attended all year! Lame. Got to the expo area early, checked in and slipped past the weigh in station... what I don't know what hurt me. Looked at the murky water that I will be swimming in. Nasty. But on the positive, there is absolutely no current. I'm kickin' it at the hotel enjoying a Stella and thinking about riding, but the sprawl looks pretty dangerous for riding a bike.

Wednesday - November 19

Travel day... no workout - got in at 2:30 AM

DickDime's Training Log

November 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Volume

Time
Distance