D I C K D I M E

The following equipment is nearing replacement:

Thursday - March 27

Run #1
  • 20m 56s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 06m 45s /Mi

Irish Snug Run!! I earned my Snug runners shirt today! Had some beers too! YAY

Ran some tempo... not real hard but faster than the past few days and most importantly, without pain!

Dime is a the boss and my legs will work. Injuries are not an option.

Run #2
  • 1h 55m
  • 12.20 miles
  • 09m 26s /Mi

Lair O' The Bear Trail Run...

I would have enjoyed my Yak Trax today. The trail was icy - in fact, treacherous! I thought it was funny when Ramone came flying past me, hit ice... went down hard and slid on his back and side for about 20 feet... until I was literally chucked off the trail the first of 3 times! Scary on the descents that's for sure

Anyway, lots of climbing and a good run. I ran easy the whole way... Yeah, slow enough for Dillard to hang ;) - JK, Mark!

Hip was whispering but a bit better than the last few runs... my left knee (from last week was silent but my right knee is now trying to speak... C'est la vie. Dime will run his sticks into submission. Final word.

Total Ascent: 2,956 feet

• Health data: Sick: 3

Wednesday - March 26

Bike
  • 1h 32m
  • 29.50 miles
  • 19.24 Mi/hr

CC REZ Loop

W I N D Y

AVG CAD 80

felt pretty good today

Run
  • 50m 30s
  • 6.55 miles
  • 07m 43s /Mi

BRICK

HOT - felt like summer!

Hip spasms during first mile then ok...

MILESTONE: Just ran my 500th mile this year. I hope I can keep going, I'm the 2K per year guy after all and I'm on pace, but my legs are protesting!

Tuesday - March 25

Bike
  • 2h 09m
  • 40.00 miles
  • 18.60 Mi/hr

Rode to Chatfield and back
Windy, but I'll take it. The trail is 100% dry.
AVG CAD 78
Ascent 1400

Run
  • 46m
  • 5.84 miles
  • 07m 53s /Mi

First mile: 9:11
Last mile: 6:08

I had a hip "spasm" at mile 1 and then it went away... felt the knee for a sec too, but everything got normal once i ran faster... which probably means with better form.

Monday - March 24

Run
  • 2h 45m
  • 20.00 miles
  • 08m 15s /Mi

Ran out at the Canal...
Started out very easy... my hip (once dislocated about 18 years ago and sometimes it feels like a nerve is getting pinched) was acting up... at the half mile mark I almost bagged the run but then it worked itself out and I was able to run ok... Still tired from Friday's big trail run and my legs are stiff, but on a positive note, me knee didn't act up today. Yeah, I know... I'm all jacked up right now and I'm pushing the injury threshold a bit... but, I have a short window of time to get in the necessary training for the Colorado Marathon on May 4th... after that, I'm going to lay off the insane running and become a true triathlete... more biking and swimming and a sensible amount of running. The way I look at it, I have 3 more weeks of beating myself up... then heal up on my taper... and then PR in my mary... take the fitness into tri season and kick butt. Unless I get injured.

Sunday - March 23

Bike
  • 1h 38m 30s
  • 29.50 miles
  • 17.97 Mi/hr

Rode out to Cherry Creek...
Wind out
Wind back
I love the WIND
Avg CAD 75

Wow... home and my tire is flat.

Saturday - March 22

Run
  • 42m
  • 5.00 miles
  • 08m 24s /Mi

Easy zone 1 run with F4 group..

Sport
  • Home Improvement
  • 5h 00m

Helped Katie move to her new place... that was a lot of work!

Friday - March 21

Run
  • 2h 32m
  • 17.50 miles
  • 08m 41s /Mi

Huge Run today over 17 miles with about 4500 feet of ascent.

I ran with Justin Mock who was the overall winner of last years Colfax Marathon. Although I had to work hard I kept up with him the whole way and actually beat him on most of the climbs. He definitely has faster leg turnover because he generally was faster on the descents. I'm very pleased with this effort and my knee only hurt on the first descent. I think the varied terrain was good for it.

Ran with Mike (Ridgrunner) and his buddy Bruce too. Everyone was really strong...

We started out at the Green Mountain Lot and ran straight up to the antenna tower then followed the trail to the steep down hill road and crossed C470 went up Zorro and ran along the ridge back and then entered Red Rocks... Ran up to the amphitheater and ran up the stairs and then down the road and back onto the Red Rocks Trail, went up and around some rock towers and ran back to Matthews Winters Lot and then crossed over and up the ridge, down Zorro and then back over to Green Mtn.

DickDime's Training Log

March 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races