Bike
  • 1h 37m
  • 29.30 miles
  • 18.12 Mi/hr

CCREZ Loop

Brutal, gruesome, torturous!
The wind has been relentless for weeks and especially the past 4 or 5 days. Today was not fun. This better make me tougher cuz I really wanted to bag this one!

Run
  • 51m 50s
  • 6.50 miles
  • 07m 58s /Mi

Easy run around Wash Park and back... Did I say that it was windy today?

Race Report: Boulder Earth Day 5K Run HERE

Photobucket

Run #1
  • 18m 18s
  • 3.15 miles
  • 05m 49s /Mi

Earth Day 5K up in Boulder...
the course was ..05 mile long.

Last minute decision to race today. A tune up for the Colorado Marathon

Extremely windy... 25-30mph gusts - 15 plus mph sustained. Headwinds... UGH!

Time: 18:18 (5:49 pace)
8th Place overall - out of 698 finishers
3rd Place in age group :( - out of 72 in my age group
No PR in those winds, but I know I ran well... I beat a great duathlete - Dean Maruna - by about 30 seconds - so I know it was a tough day out there...

Lots of fast runners and a large field. why are there so many fast old guys? 5 of the top 10 over 40. Man, only in Boulder

Mile 1: 5:37 AVG HR 156 MAX HR 163
Mile 2: 5:55 AVG HR 162 MAX HR 164
Mile 3: 5:59 AVG HR 166 MAX HR 169
Last .15 :46 AVG HR 162 MAX HR 171

Run #2
  • 1h 13m
  • 6.51 miles
  • 11m 13s /Mi

Trail run on the bluffs above Golden... windy, sunny and warm.

Bike
  • 2h 44m
  • 50.80 miles
  • 18.59 Mi/hr

Holy Hell it was windy...

Rode with Mark,Scott, Zev, Katie and Bridget! Everything was honky dory and then the wind kicked our asses for the last 16 uphill miles! Great ride though!!!

Run
  • 57m
  • 6.00 miles
  • 09m 30s /Mi

Easy morning run with F4

Bike
  • 2h 05m
  • 35.10 miles
  • 16.85 Mi/hr

Rode with Bridget and Scott today...

From REI to Lookout down the backside on 40 and back.

I rode my tubulars and the front tire blew up so I had to hitch-hike back in. Luckily some nice girl gave me a ride...

Wasn't my day... Bought a soy latte and before I had one sip, Ramone knocked it out of my hand!

LOOKOUT P2P: 23:15 - not my fastest, but not bad for this early in the season. Plus it was on my TT bike.

Run
  • 1h 12m
  • 9.00 miles
  • 08m /Mi

Ran from the Irish Snug and around Wash park back through Cheesman Park and down to 17th and back to the snug.

Does anyone think that it is unusual that after his arrest for DUI, Carmello Anthony was chauffeured by the police to the Ritz Carlton and his Mercedes was safely parked in an official city spot and not the traditional impound lot? Come on... I'm the first guy to defend the concept of innocent until proven guilty and to yell racial profiling when a minority gets harassed by the man, but this is clearly not what has happened here. Athletes, celebrities, politicians and the rich/connected are consistently given a different form of justice than the working Joe and I for one am sick of it! In Anthony's case, this guy has a history of stupidity and the Rocky MTN News reported that Anthony is going to "man-up" for his behavior... WTF? Man up... for reals? Carmello is a spoiled brat... with a LOT of money and he should "man up" to his team: by playing defense and instead of going out until 4AM after a playoff-run-loss (where he shot for a dismal 11 points), he should head back on the court to practice his free throws, go home and rest up... man-up! His lawyer, speaking for Anthony, said that he was now home with his family... Yeah, Carmello definitely needs to "man-up" to his family: by going home at a reasonable time, perhaps snuggling with his kid and waking up early with him, not nursing a wicked hangover at two in the afternoon and trying to figure out what the f#ck happened the night before... MAN UP, indeed. How much is he paid to play basketball anyway? Can't he "man-up" and hire a driver? Shit, I need a job! I'll be his driver for 75K a year! I'll drive him to the clubs, I'll wait and pick him up and I'll even make sure that there is always a fresh supply of the "chronic" for him to roll with! Man up Carmello and hire Dick Dime to be your driver... I'll try to keep you from harming yourself and I won't kiss you azz like the rest of your entourage because I don't give a hoot about PRO athletes. I am not impressed. Lastly, FTP! I know plenty of people who have been arrested for DUI's and all of them spent the night in jail or Detox... their cars were impounded and they were treated as guilty from the get-go. When will this lame azz society of ours stop idolizing public figures? Perhaps it is time for society to "man-up" and drop the goofy lexicon and just plain grow up! Man-up... Stupid... really frickin stupid.

Run
  • 1h 49m
  • 12.20 miles
  • 08m 56s /Mi

Lair of The Bear Trail Run.

Total Ascent: 2500 feet

Weird day... Snowy, cold and windy. Yesterday was HOT and windy. Spring.

Ramone ran well today and so did I. I never pushed it but felt like I could have run this at record pace if I wanted to... I just wanted to practice downhill running so I guess my goal was met.

I saw Cody Waite... stopped and chatted for a bit. WAY further down the trail I ran past a few more EPCers...

Tons of stuff to do... I think it's a Lair O' The Bear morning for DickDime and his partner in crime, Ramone... He is in the car waiting. I'm off!

Bike
  • 1h 40m
  • 30.00 miles
  • 18.00 Mi/hr

CCREZ and back... W I N D Y

Run
  • 53m
  • 6.50 miles
  • 08m 09s /Mi

BRICK

SLOW

HOT

W
I
N
D
Y

I haven't plugged it much, but for the past two years I have been part of one of the best sub-masters (30-40 AG) 12 man relay teams in... Anywhere. My team Altitude Adjusted, has placed 4th and 3rd in 2006 and 2007 at the Boston Marathon of Running Relay's, The Nike Hood to Coast Relay. It starts at Mt. Hood and finishes on the beach at Seacoast, Oregon - 197 miles. Today, we have just welcomed Mark Dillard to the team. Its a funny thing... although we are in the sub-masters age category... Me, Mark, Clint Boston and our 1st or 2nd fastest marathoner, Steve Krebs are all over 40! Krebs is like 44 or 45! So a FULL 1/3 of our team qualifies to race in the Master's Division... Not only is the Hood to Coast Relay the Boston Marathon of all Relay's, Team Altitude Adjusted is like a 1980s version of the Boston Celtics... Old, but gifted. This year we want to become one of the few teams to break the 20 hour mark... Last year we finished in 20:20. It is hard to field a team of 12 guys and have everything click. There are injuries, subs who don't pan out, guys of varying abilities, technical and logistical conditions, etc. We ran an average of 6:12 per mile for the entire 197 mile course last year! This year, with the addition of Mark, we will go sub 20 and hopefully move up a spot or two in our division! Welcome aboard, Mark!!

DickDime's Training Log

April 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
  • December's totals
  • November's totals