Run
  • 1h 11m 55s
  • 9.53 miles
  • 07m 33s /Mi

Ran from the Irish Snug, to and around Wash Park and then to Cheesman, hooked up with fil and ran with the snuggers... Drank with Katie, Bridgette, Michelle, Mike Omen... and then drank till too late with Michael Omen.

Sorry about not answering inspires for the past 4 days or so... I just haven't had the energy. I'll get back to it soon! I'm starting to feel better. I'm at zero today! Boo. I guess that is what happens when you blow your friends off!

• Health data: Sick: 3
Run
  • 2h 36m 59s
  • 20.00 miles
  • 07m 51s /Mi

Highline Canal ran pretty easy, but I didn't feel strong enough to push real hard. Still I ran a negative split by about 2 minutes so I'm happy about that.

My avg hr is high because for some reason my watch recorded a 194 avg hr for the first 3 miles before it started recording properly...

Slept better... fever not at all like last night... woke up at 4 to cough up my chest. Had to bag my Vo2 Test today :( since my numbers would be off with my whacked breathing, but I will probably get out today. Photobucket Winston Smith: In accordance to the principles of Doublethink, it does not matter if the war is not real, or when it is, that victory is not possible. The war is not meant to be won. It is meant to be continuous. The essential act of modern warfare is the destruction of the produce of human labor. A hierarchical society is only possible on the basis of poverty and ignorance. In principle, the war effort is always planned to keep society on the brink of starvation. The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects. And its object is not victory over Eurasia or Eastasia, but to keep the very structure of society intact. Julia? Are you awake? There is truth, and there is untruth. To be in a minority of one doesn't make you mad. -- From George Orwell's 1984

I am soo sick... Last night was ridiculous. I could not stop sweating! Took a long hot shower and I will not describe what I was able to cough out of my chest! I don't have time to go to the doctors today, but if i feel like this tomorrow, I will. I want to try to find a run... maybe. Photobucket

• Health data: Sick: 5
Another rough night... looks like the nights are worse than the days... but this crud is for real. Hurts to cough and I still feel worked overall. I may be bagging workouts today... unless I feel better later.

• Health data: Sick: 4
Run
  • 3h 17m
  • 22.51 miles
  • 08m 45s /Mi

Well, since I wasn't feeling well today I thought that I would go for a short run... On my first lap I saw Julia and Drew running towards me. Decided to join them. Ran a few laps and suddenly I was at 12 miles so I thought that I might just run some more... before long I decided I might as well just run 20... then I decided to run another lap and home.

I ran easy... considering how sick and week I am I am very happy to get this many miles in today.

A small dose of sanity: The German chancellor, Angela Merkel, yesterday became the first world leader to decide not to attend the Olympics in Beijing. As pressure built for concerted western protests to China over the crackdown in Tibet, EU leaders prepared to discuss the crisis for the first time today, amid a rift over whether to boycott the Olympics. Well, I have the gunkyfunkymonkey on my back! YUK - Give the freak a banana! Sore throat, sweats, chills, achy bones and joints. I hope I don't have strep throat. I've had that before and that is BAD. That would put an end to my <2:50 marathon quest for sure. On the plus side, after a rough night of sleep, I do feel slightly better. My throat isn't real, real sore, and my achy bones feel kind of ok... fever seems to be down (this is an up to the minute report), but this could change... I didn't do my 20 miler yesterday, I didn't run 20 with Justin this morning... now, I'm thinking about just going out and trying to run a little bit. Hopefully I can do a mid week 20 miler...

I AM SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS! STOP LAUGHING. So I started getting achy and feverish yesterday and woke up with the beginnings of a sore throat... I have bagged my scheduled long run and may not run at all. I'd like to get out and run just a little, but I may rest instead. Life is hard.

Run
  • 1h 51m 14s
  • 13.32 miles
  • 08m 21s /Mi

Dropped a tab of some good old fashioned L.S.D.

Some tightness and fatigue but no pain!

Photobucket Dear BT friends: I was feeling surly this morning when I put together the above graphic. I wanted to shock and show some of the images that I found by simply typing into Google>images: "Dead Iraqi Children": http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=dead+iraqi+children&btnG=Search+Images The results were truly horrific. Children with limbs severed (bike on ground man screaming and helpless), distorted babies with eyes bulging like water-logged softballs and worse... This pisses me the FUCK off. Instead, I pussed out and I chose to keep my blog sanitized from the astonishing truth. Don't thank me for this... call me a pussy! Today, when your out on your bike, or running on your groomed trail, or swimming at your health club, or driving in your luxury automobile, or eating your Chipotle Burrito, or watching the latest episode of Survivor, or doing whatever it is you do, just for today consider the 1 million dead Iraqi people. If you're brave enough, look at the images on the link above... the images that your government and your television media find too offensive to show the American public. After all, this occupation, this Surge, is working and we have "Smart Bombs" and the Iraqi people have their freedom and all is OK because some other poor stupid "volunteer" kid from Kentucky is on his 5th tour of Iraq... meanwhile his wife has filed for divorce and his house is being foreclosed on... Yeah... all is OK if you live in an insulated candy coated bubble. March Madness, indeed... Look at the pictures, I dare you! No don't. It might make you think... War is Peace... and gas is only 3.25 per gallon. God Bless America... the audacity of that statement astounds me... Thomas Jefferson and the founding fathers of this country must be seething! FUCK!!!

DickDime's Training Log

April 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
  • December's totals