D I C K D I M E

The following equipment is nearing replacement:

Saturday - April 5

Bike
  • 4h 19m
  • 70.30 miles
  • 16.29 Mi/hr

Joined Katie for a ride and she showed me her secret training route (she said something about how this ride makes her tough as nails and unbeatable).

5,086 feet of ascent
Crazy Winds... headwinds for the first 30 miles and the last 15 miles.

AVG CAD 70

Great ride!

Run
  • 50m
  • 6.00 miles
  • 08m 20s /Mi

Ran with my F4 guys... nice and easy.

• Health data: Sick: 2

Friday - April 4

Run
  • 2h 55m
  • 17.20 miles
  • 10m 10s /Mi

Trail run with 4,216 feet of ascent.

Decided to hit the trails to train my quads for the Downhill start of the Colorado Marathon. This is the second time in two weeks that I have run this course. The last time I ran it much faster, today I just wanted the terrain to dictate my effort.

Started at the Green MTN parking lot off of Alameda... ran straight up Green Mtn to the radio towers and then took the service road out to the c-470 lot and then up the Zorro trail... headed south on Dakota ridge and then entered the lower Red Rocks road... ran up to the amphitheater and ran the stairs then ran back down the road to the Red Rocks trail headed north to Morrison Slide trail and climbed that and then reconnected to Red Rocks trail... ran to Matthews Winters lot and then up the old road to Dakota ridge and then down Zorro back over to Green Mtn trail and stayed low on the rollers to the finish.

Felt ok... never pushed hard, still coughing, but considerably better... 69 miles on 4 days so far this week. I can't wait to finally run healthy again!

• Health data: Sick: 3

Thursday - April 3

Run
  • 1h 11m 55s
  • 9.53 miles
  • 07m 33s /Mi

Ran from the Irish Snug, to and around Wash Park and then to Cheesman, hooked up with fil and ran with the snuggers... Drank with Katie, Bridgette, Michelle, Mike Omen... and then drank till too late with Michael Omen.

Sorry about not answering inspires for the past 4 days or so... I just haven't had the energy. I'll get back to it soon! I'm starting to feel better. I'm at zero today! Boo. I guess that is what happens when you blow your friends off!

Wednesday - April 2

Run
  • 2h 36m 59s
  • 20.00 miles
  • 07m 51s /Mi

Highline Canal ran pretty easy, but I didn't feel strong enough to push real hard. Still I ran a negative split by about 2 minutes so I'm happy about that.

My avg hr is high because for some reason my watch recorded a 194 avg hr for the first 3 miles before it started recording properly...

Slept better... fever not at all like last night... woke up at 4 to cough up my chest. Had to bag my Vo2 Test today :( since my numbers would be off with my whacked breathing, but I will probably get out today. Photobucket Winston Smith: In accordance to the principles of Doublethink, it does not matter if the war is not real, or when it is, that victory is not possible. The war is not meant to be won. It is meant to be continuous. The essential act of modern warfare is the destruction of the produce of human labor. A hierarchical society is only possible on the basis of poverty and ignorance. In principle, the war effort is always planned to keep society on the brink of starvation. The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects. And its object is not victory over Eurasia or Eastasia, but to keep the very structure of society intact. Julia? Are you awake? There is truth, and there is untruth. To be in a minority of one doesn't make you mad. -- From George Orwell's 1984

Tuesday - April 1

I am soo sick... Last night was ridiculous. I could not stop sweating! Took a long hot shower and I will not describe what I was able to cough out of my chest! I don't have time to go to the doctors today, but if i feel like this tomorrow, I will. I want to try to find a run... maybe. Photobucket

• Health data: Sick: 5

Monday - March 31

Another rough night... looks like the nights are worse than the days... but this crud is for real. Hurts to cough and I still feel worked overall. I may be bagging workouts today... unless I feel better later.

• Health data: Sick: 4

Sunday - March 30

Run
  • 3h 17m
  • 22.51 miles
  • 08m 45s /Mi

Well, since I wasn't feeling well today I thought that I would go for a short run... On my first lap I saw Julia and Drew running towards me. Decided to join them. Ran a few laps and suddenly I was at 12 miles so I thought that I might just run some more... before long I decided I might as well just run 20... then I decided to run another lap and home.

I ran easy... considering how sick and week I am I am very happy to get this many miles in today.

A small dose of sanity: The German chancellor, Angela Merkel, yesterday became the first world leader to decide not to attend the Olympics in Beijing. As pressure built for concerted western protests to China over the crackdown in Tibet, EU leaders prepared to discuss the crisis for the first time today, amid a rift over whether to boycott the Olympics. Well, I have the gunkyfunkymonkey on my back! YUK - Give the freak a banana! Sore throat, sweats, chills, achy bones and joints. I hope I don't have strep throat. I've had that before and that is BAD. That would put an end to my <2:50 marathon quest for sure. On the plus side, after a rough night of sleep, I do feel slightly better. My throat isn't real, real sore, and my achy bones feel kind of ok... fever seems to be down (this is an up to the minute report), but this could change... I didn't do my 20 miler yesterday, I didn't run 20 with Justin this morning... now, I'm thinking about just going out and trying to run a little bit. Hopefully I can do a mid week 20 miler...

DickDime's Training Log

April 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Volume

Time
Distance