Bike #1
  • 1h 10m
  • 18.00 miles
  • 15.43 Mi/hr

Easy ride with Mark's F4 Tri-Group. Lots of fun!

Bike #2
  • 1h 07m
  • 17.20 miles
  • 15.40 Mi/hr

Hey Everyone, thanks for all the kind birthday inspires! BT rules!

Urban Assault Miles (Fixed Gear Bike)

To 24 hour fitness for a swim, then after the gym I rode around and hit Wash Park for a few laps (It is like Malibu out there - so many hotties) and then hit Whole Foods and then home.

Run
  • 22m 15s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 07m 09s /Mi

Treadmill:
Well my injury is still an issue, BUT... I ran the best that I have since the marathon. I started out in the low 8's and worked my way down to the sub 7s for the last mile or so and finished strong at 6:25 (a bit faster than my 6:35 avg per/mile mary pace last week).
I know its a long shot, but I think I have a chance to be ready for the Bolder Boulder. I really don't want to do it unless I am healthy enough to go for a PR. I know I have the fitness, but will my legs do 5:50s for 6.2?

Swim
  • 31m 20s
  • 1500.00 meters
  • 02m 05s /100 meters

Mixed it up! Some pull buoy, some 100s, some 200s. I feel like I'm a little stronger in the water today. I have a lot of swimming to do before IMAZ, but I will swim.

Run
  • 57m 55s
  • 6.50 miles
  • 08m 55s /Mi

Well I got it in. I started my run at 11:58pm so even though most of it was on the 14th, I'm still going to log it on the 13th. Hell, it is my birthday run and I can call it what I want... I'll call it sucky. I can barely run sub 9 minute miles! My legs feel like sledgehammers and my stride is slow and tired. I wonder if I got old. Maybe I will never run fast again. Maybe it is time to become an ultra-runner. Maybe.

Ah knuckles, I'm sitting here at 11:16pm in bed typing on my computer... finished up 3/4 of a bottle of very cheap Cabernet and I'm feeling blue. In less than 45 minutes I'm going to be another year older and I'm not sure what that means. I have a lot on my mind tonight. Sometimes the only thing for me to do at times like this is to run. I'm a runner not just physically but metaphorically. Hopefully this is the year where I find some balance and of sense of place and purpose. Who is Dick Dime, anyway? I think I’m going to go run now. Enjoy the Mt. Columbia snapshots! Photobucket

Sport
  • Hiking
  • 10h 50m

Summited my 26th 14er today!
Winter ascent of Mt. Columbia. I'm sooo tired. It was Intense... took 4 hours just to get to treeline (11,700ft). 50-75 mph winds above 13,000 ft! Post holed all the way back to the trail head! More later. I need a pillow and Ramone is comatose! I think it was 11 miles round trip, but I haven't checked my Garmin yet.

BTW, there is a LOT of snow in the mountains, the runoff is going to be huge!

Photobucket

Bike #1
  • 30m
  • 7.00 miles
  • -----

urban assault miles

Bike #2
  • 2h 50m
  • 50.00 miles
  • 17.65 Mi/hr

Down to Chatfield Rez - past the gravel pond and back. Leg feels "electric" and a bit tired.

Bike
  • 42m
  • 10.00 miles
  • 14.29 Mi/hr

Urban assault miles. Mostly to and from 24 hour fitness. I love riding my fixie at night!

Run
  • 27m
  • 3.12 miles
  • 08m 39s /Mi

On the treadmill. I started out at a 12 min mile pace and gradually increased speed and finished at a 7:20 pace. I'm still very sore, but it is not as "nervie" and now it feels like a deep tissue injury. Perhaps a quad pull or tear.

Swim
  • 21m 10s
  • 1000.00 meters
  • 02m 07s /100 meters

I felt better in the water tonight; probably because it was 10:45 pm at 24 hour fitness and it was a ghost town in there! Meathead Free Zone!

No race for me today :( I don't feel like running is in my immediate future. My leg is still very sore. On a happy note, BT kicked ass once again on race day. My man Dills simply killed the amateur field at the Barking Dog Duathlon. KILODAVE also represented well. He not only looked good on yet another fancy bike, but took the 3rd spot in his very competitive age group... But today it was all about Mark Dillard! He ran with the leaders on the first 5k run leg and smashed the field on the bike opening the lead on some very heavy talent and then putting in another solid 5k split to win. I would have loved to mix it up today, but the truth is... Dills might have spanked me! For an old guy he sure is fast! Oh, Top 3 amateurs today were all over 40! I'd like to think that if I could have raced, I would have made it the top 4 amateurs were over 40! Note: Only 7 elite racers beat Dills today! He was that good! WOWZERS

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 20.50 miles
  • -----

Morning urban assault miles... hit a lame-0 yard sale... My verve-nerve is tight and feels odd still. I guess it is safe to say that I am on the injured list and will not be racing the Barking Dog Duathlon tomorrow. Your safe Dills!

Swim
  • 30m
  • 1300.00 meters
  • 02m 19s /100 meters
This shot was stolen from Katie's blog (she is the superb photographer)... taken shortly after finishing the Colorado Marathon! How rad is that sign?! Thank you for being there: Katie, Bridget and Sara! As Bridget likes to say, you girls put the "RAD" back in Colorado! Photobucket

Bike #1
  • 1h 10m
  • 16.50 miles
  • 14.14 Mi/hr

Urban assault miles. This total will grow today if I ride to the pool and then to the snug!

Bike #2
  • 1h 32m
  • 29.50 miles
  • 19.24 Mi/hr

Wind, rain, cold, the works. CCREZ loop.

Felt a little stronger today. Dime is coming back!

Run
  • 24m 48s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 08m 16s /Mi

Tested the legs and the VERVE-NERVE (my Melargia Paresthetica) and it is definitely not close to race-ready. In the back of my mind today I thought about racing the Barking Dog Duathlon on Saturday, but there is no way! I just hope I can get ready to race the Bolder Boulder in two weeks. After today, I am wondering if I can be ready for that. On a positive note, I ran... rode, and swam today. So that counts for something!

Swim
  • 26m
  • 1200.00 meters
  • 02m 10s /100 meters

YUK - but its a start.

DickDime's Training Log

May 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24