Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 22.00 miles
  • 14.67 Mi/hr

Fixed gear urban assault miles in the light of the moon.

All of my workouts happened after 8:30 pm

Rode to 24 hr fitness (4 mi) and dropped my bag off, then rode to the CCREZ Dam and back to 24 hr (about 13 mi) then run/swim and to the packy for a bottle of Yellow tail and then home (about 6 mi).

Run
  • 21m
  • 3.11 miles
  • 06m 45s /Mi

Treadmill started out in the high 7s finished at around 5:30. My leg is getting better but I still have a weird fatigue in my upper thigh. I hope it doesn't bother me in the Bolder Boulder, cuz I'm gonna run!

Swim
  • 09m 32s
  • 500.00 meters
  • 01m 55s /100 meters

5 x 100 on 30 sec

I wanted to swim more, but when I got to the pool at 10 pm there was already 2 people to a lane so I went to the treadmill for a bit.

On this sad day... a true statesmen and steward of equal rights, a champion for health care for ALL Americans and a tireless fighter for the American worker, Ted Kennedy was diagnosed with malignant brain tumor. What a sad day it is. And to those who still believe that the other side is right, consider this one statistic provided by the United States Census Bureau: more women filed for bankruptcy last year than graduated from college! Do you really want four more years?

Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 32.30 miles
  • -----

Rode out to Runners Roost to pick up a neoprene swim cap for the ice cold pond water... and my Bolder Boulder race packet! Then to Dillards for a belated birthday dinner... So delicious - Wild Salmon, cous cous and mixed vegi's complimented with a very nice Chardonnay and the finished with a cookie dough ice cream cake. They even bought me some urban assault gear... much needed saddle bag with, tubes, levers and CO2! WoW! Thanks Dills People. Then rode back home via the Cherry Creek Trail. I need night glasses! I was getting pelted by bugs and when they hit my eyes it hurt.

Bolder Boulder: I qualified for the A wave for the 3rd year in a row. However, this year was better. I qualified at every distance that I ran... the 5K, the 4 mile, the 10k, the half marathon, the marathon! I have never done that before!

My great friend and fierce competitor, Mark Dillard, is running down the Cold-Facts Avenue with my money! If I could catch him, I'd take it back. Photobucket And Monday's are Ramone's FUN-DAYS and he LOVES YOU VERY MUCH! Photobucket

Bike
  • 3h 30m
  • 34.40 miles
  • -----

Urban assault of the Colfax Marathon! Watched Dillard win money!

Run
  • 38m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 09m 30s /Mi

Easy run at night. I was not comfortable at all.

Bike #1
  • 34m
  • 7.00 miles
  • 12.35 Mi/hr

Urban assault miles in the evening.

Bike #2
  • 3h 53m
  • 62.00 miles
  • 15.97 Mi/hr

Rode with Katie to Golden then to Boulder then turned around and took the diagonal towards Broomfield/past the Interlocken and then down Lowell to Highlands and back home. HOT and WINDY. Katie needs to learn to use sunscreen.

Run
  • 58m
  • 6.29 miles
  • 09m 13s /Mi

Easy run with F4 group. Less tightness in my leg than at anytime since the mary, but it does tighten back up after driving.

Bike #1
  • 1h 11m 30s
  • 17.85 miles
  • 14.98 Mi/hr

Urban assault miles. Rode to the pool, swam and ran, rode to wash park and did a few laps then rode to the grocery store and picked up a pizza and a sixer!

Bike #2
  • 2h 37m
  • 50.11 miles
  • 19.15 Mi/hr

The Denver triangle... WINDY.
AVG CAD 76
Garmin HR monitor is useless on the bike. My HR is way off!

Total ascent: 2250 feet

Run
  • 21m 30s
  • 3.12 miles
  • 06m 53s /Mi

Treadmill. Still tight in my upper thigh, but it is more of an annoyance than pain. Hopefully in another week I'll be running fast again!

Swim
  • 20m 50s
  • 1000.00 meters
  • 02m 05s /100 meters

1x1000m

Bike
  • 12m
  • 3.00 miles
  • -----

Urban assault miles to the snug run and back!

Run
  • 46m 30s
  • 6.70 miles
  • 06m 56s /Mi

Snug run... I am getting better but I still feel the verve-nerve!

I bought Dolly Parton's Greatest Hits at the flea market on Sunday... yeah I know, it is no secret that her voice is a national treasure, I just wish the "new" country stations would get it too. Regardless, if you haven't listened, really listened to this voice, do so. I hope that in my lifetime I get the opportunity to see her sing live. Wow. Until then, understand that this bumpkin with boobs wrote this song (among many others): Coat of Many Colors Back through the years I go wonderin' once again Back to the seasons of my youth I recall a box of rags that someone gave us And how my momma put the rags to use There were rags of many colors Every piece was small And I didn't have a coat And it was way down in the fall Momma sewed the rags together Sewin' every piece with love She made my coat of many colors That I was so proud of As she sewed, she told a story From the bible, she had read About a coat of many colors Joseph wore and then she said Perhaps this coat will bring you Good luck and happiness And I just couldn't wait to wear it And momma blessed it with a kiss Chorus: My coat of many colors That my momma made for me Made only from rags But I wore it so proudly Although we had no money I was rich as I could be In my coat of many colors My momma made for me So with patches on my britches Holes in both my shoes In my coat of many colors I hurried off to school Just to find the others laughing And making fun of me In my coat of many colors My momma made for me And oh I couldn't understand it For I felt I was rich And I told them of the love My momma sewed in every stitch And I told 'em all the story Momma told me while she sewed And how my coat of many colors Was worth more than all their clothes But they didn't understand it And I tried to make them see That one is only poor Only if they choose to be Now I know we had no money But I was rich as I could be In my coat of many colors My momma made for me Made just for me

Bike #1
  • 1h 10m
  • 18.00 miles
  • 15.43 Mi/hr

Easy ride with Mark's F4 Tri-Group. Lots of fun!

Bike #2
  • 1h 07m
  • 17.20 miles
  • 15.40 Mi/hr

Hey Everyone, thanks for all the kind birthday inspires! BT rules!

Urban Assault Miles (Fixed Gear Bike)

To 24 hour fitness for a swim, then after the gym I rode around and hit Wash Park for a few laps (It is like Malibu out there - so many hotties) and then hit Whole Foods and then home.

Run
  • 22m 15s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 07m 09s /Mi

Treadmill:
Well my injury is still an issue, BUT... I ran the best that I have since the marathon. I started out in the low 8's and worked my way down to the sub 7s for the last mile or so and finished strong at 6:25 (a bit faster than my 6:35 avg per/mile mary pace last week).
I know its a long shot, but I think I have a chance to be ready for the Bolder Boulder. I really don't want to do it unless I am healthy enough to go for a PR. I know I have the fitness, but will my legs do 5:50s for 6.2?

Swim
  • 31m 20s
  • 1500.00 meters
  • 02m 05s /100 meters

Mixed it up! Some pull buoy, some 100s, some 200s. I feel like I'm a little stronger in the water today. I have a lot of swimming to do before IMAZ, but I will swim.

DickDime's Training Log

May 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • October's totals
  • September's totals