D I C K D I M E

Sunday - May 25

Bike
  • 1h 13m
  • 20.00 miles
  • 16.44 Mi/hr

Spun out the legs this evening on the urban assault vehicle. My verve-nerve was very tight today. I hope that I can loosen it up in the morning before the race!

This can go either way for me. I feel fit and healthy and mentally capable of going under 37:00 but I just am not too confident in my leg. It is still very sore and tight. I was encouraged on Thursday when I ran a 38 minute 6 mile fun/run/time trial on a very windy day.

I guess the first mile or two will set the tone. If I can go out and nail a 5:40 mile one and a 5:50 mile two, I just need to maintain a 6 minute per mile pace through the hills of 3 and 4... keep it together on 5 and surge on 6 and I should get there. Last year though, I got some bad side stitches at mile 2-5 and in 2005 my shoe untied and I ran with curled toes to keep my shoe from falling off...
Screw it, I'm going to finish off this glass of wine, hit the sack and wake up early and I will get loose. It's going to be a beautiful day to race.

Run
  • 20m
  • 2.00 miles
  • 10m /Mi

easy running with some short strides @ F4

WARNING BOLDER BOULDER Ok, I'm sorry... I know this is coming at you last minute and sheet, but that's how we roll in Dimeland. Here's the PSA: AVOID SECTION 110 after the Bolder Boulder 10K on Monday!!! I REPEAT, AVOID SECTION 110!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED Seriously, If you are annoyed by grown men who act and talk like drunken sailors and drink like frat boys in a pirate costumes, then by all means go to a different section. Mark Dillard and Dick Dime and a few other brave BT souls plan to convene for a little post race hi-fiving and beer diving in the sorry and cursed land known as Section 110. Save your soul and don't venture to this part of the stadium. There are thousands of other places to partake in family fun. But remember, if you choose to venture into our no-man's land, you do so at your peril. And as always remember what a wise 6 year old girl told me last year: "when your legs get tired, run with your heart." And especially remember the troops! Bring them home now, give them real and unlimited health care including mental health care and a REAL education... with stipends, living expenses and admission to any school they qualify to attend - for free! Cut the Sh*t and put your money where your mouth is... yeah, I'm speaking to you Mr. "I had better things to do" so I'll take 5 deferments, Cheney, and to you, Mr. "I no pee in cup, me run-away behind daddy (deserter) and not go veetnaaam war", Bush and to you Mr. "I had a boil on my a$$ so I got a pass Limbaugh and the rest of the neo-CONS!!! Remember why we are at war and at what cost! Take the bus or car pool if you can! Cheers, Dick mfing Dime

Saturday - May 24

Bike
  • 2h 50m
  • 46.50 miles
  • 16.41 Mi/hr

Rode down to the Chatfield Pond on the Urban Assault bike then swam and ran and rode back home with Dills.

Run
  • 32m 20s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 08m 05s /Mi

Ran nice and easy after the swim. Mostly to warm up; I was freezing!

Swim
  • 43m
  • 1900.00 meters
  • 02m 16s /100 meters

a little faster than on Wednesday (by about 3 minutes).

Friday - May 23

Bike
  • 1h 20m
  • 18.25 miles
  • -----

Urban assault miles (to be continued)

Run
  • 1h 07m
  • 8.00 miles
  • 08m 23s /Mi

Ran up the Boulder Canyon from 6th along the river... Boulder: is beautiful. If Fort Collins had 1/2 of a clue, they would look closely at how Boulder can grow and maintain it's beautiful environment without turning itself into Federal Boulevard.

Thursday - May 22

Run
  • 38m 20s
  • 6.10 miles
  • 06m 17s /Mi

Ran with the fella's from Altitude Adjusted (Hood to Coast Team). I ran pretty well. I haven't ran this hard since the marathon almost 3 weeks ago. This was a great tune-up/test. My verve-nerve was pretty quiet, but the flexibility in my left leg was pretty much non-existent. I could feel my right leg forcefully propelling forward, but my left leg was dragging.
Hopefully by the race on Monday I will be closer to normal and I will be able to run hard!

Overall, a great effort and it was fun to hang out with the team.

Watch this video! It is the number one video on YOUTUBE right now (over a million views in the last 24 hours)... The Real McCain 2: http://therealmccain.com/ And while you are there, watch some of the other vids too... McCain in his own words! I particularly liked the videos that highlight the radical evangelical types that he has partnered with such as John Hagee and Rod Parsley (who is militant anti-Semite) and who John McCain calls, "a moral compass" check it out for yourself: http://bravenewfilms.org/blog/38133-mccain-s-spiritual-guide-wants-america-to-destroy-islam

Wednesday - May 21

Bike #1
  • 27m
  • 5.27 miles
  • -----

Urban Assault.

Bike #2
  • 57m
  • 18.25 miles
  • 19.21 Mi/hr

Windy as F**K out there today. Man. Rode pretty hard.Still a lot of stiffness in my verve-nerve so I am still on the fence about Bolder Boulder :(

Run
  • 36m 30s
  • 4.52 miles
  • 08m 05s /Mi

Run after swim

Swim
  • 46m
  • 1900.00 meters
  • 02m 25s /100 meters

So the water was choppy and I sighted poorly but... I have NEVER swam this slow before!! I am so discouraged.

So here it is: The Urban Assault Vehicle! Stickin' it to America's master, OPEC, the greed of Exxon/Mobile, the oily Bush administration, the radical religious right and intolerance/ignorance of all kinds since May 2008 (300 miles served!). This "Green" Machine is powered by a 43 year old motor that is re-built, super-charged and race ready! No brakes! Photobucket

Tuesday - May 20

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 22.00 miles
  • 14.67 Mi/hr

Fixed gear urban assault miles in the light of the moon.

All of my workouts happened after 8:30 pm

Rode to 24 hr fitness (4 mi) and dropped my bag off, then rode to the CCREZ Dam and back to 24 hr (about 13 mi) then run/swim and to the packy for a bottle of Yellow tail and then home (about 6 mi).

Run
  • 21m
  • 3.11 miles
  • 06m 45s /Mi

Treadmill started out in the high 7s finished at around 5:30. My leg is getting better but I still have a weird fatigue in my upper thigh. I hope it doesn't bother me in the Bolder Boulder, cuz I'm gonna run!

Swim
  • 09m 32s
  • 500.00 meters
  • 01m 55s /100 meters

5 x 100 on 30 sec

I wanted to swim more, but when I got to the pool at 10 pm there was already 2 people to a lane so I went to the treadmill for a bit.

On this sad day... a true statesmen and steward of equal rights, a champion for health care for ALL Americans and a tireless fighter for the American worker, Ted Kennedy was diagnosed with malignant brain tumor. What a sad day it is. And to those who still believe that the other side is right, consider this one statistic provided by the United States Census Bureau: more women filed for bankruptcy last year than graduated from college! Do you really want four more years?

Monday - May 19

Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 32.30 miles
  • -----

Rode out to Runners Roost to pick up a neoprene swim cap for the ice cold pond water... and my Bolder Boulder race packet! Then to Dillards for a belated birthday dinner... So delicious - Wild Salmon, cous cous and mixed vegi's complimented with a very nice Chardonnay and the finished with a cookie dough ice cream cake. They even bought me some urban assault gear... much needed saddle bag with, tubes, levers and CO2! WoW! Thanks Dills People. Then rode back home via the Cherry Creek Trail. I need night glasses! I was getting pelted by bugs and when they hit my eyes it hurt.

Bolder Boulder: I qualified for the A wave for the 3rd year in a row. However, this year was better. I qualified at every distance that I ran... the 5K, the 4 mile, the 10k, the half marathon, the marathon! I have never done that before!

My great friend and fierce competitor, Mark Dillard, is running down the Cold-Facts Avenue with my money! If I could catch him, I'd take it back. Photobucket And Monday's are Ramone's FUN-DAYS and he LOVES YOU VERY MUCH! Photobucket

DickDime's Training Log

May 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races