Uh-oh... Foot pain in a stress fracture zone! I think I'll take a day off today. This concerns me. I have to run hard again tomorrow but next week I will try not to run at all... just swim and bike. This is the sort of pain that I will try not to run through. I've been doing a lot of hard running so it is time to back off.
Bike #1
  • 12m
  • 3.00 miles
  • 15.00 Mi/hr

Urban assault miles. I wanted to ride to the pool and swim, but I opted out. This feels like a lame rest day.

Bike #2
  • 1h 31m
  • 30.00 miles
  • 19.78 Mi/hr

CCREZ Loop. Warm and windy but I ended up feeling pretty solid out there.

I feel ok, but my friend Laura just called me... and she is sick and might have strep throat! I've had that before and it kicks my a$$! The think is we car-pooled to the expo on Saturday and then to the race and back on Sunday. I really hope I don't get sick! I feel ok, but I have some general muscle soreness that is probably just fatigue. I better do the vitamin c think and take it easy today and tomorrow.

Bike
  • 35m
  • 8.40 miles
  • 14.40 Mi/hr

Urban assault to and from the pool.

Run
  • 17m 57s
  • 3.12 miles
  • 05m 45s /Mi

Summer Solstice 5K Race

6th place overall
1st Masters

Not a PR but still a very good run on very tired legs!

I touched the starting line and thought: What am I doing here... all these fast looking high school track/cross country dudes... Fil looks at one dude warming up and said, that is who you need to beat and I was like, yeah right! I beat him (by about a minute)

Some wind to contend with... but the post race barbecue at Fils house made up for it. Bridget and Michelle came out to cheer me on, Chris too. Bridget bought me a sweet hammock from her travels! I discovered a band that I resisted listening to: Calexico! Awesome sh*t... what took me so long.

Anyway, 5th race in june/18th race in 2008 completed and now I'm looking forward to Saturday's Tri the Creek sprint triathlon! I'm getting tougher!

Swim
  • 20m
  • 1000.00 meters
  • 02m /100 meters

A short pre race swim... what the hell?!

Justin got me drunk.

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 29.50 miles
  • 19.67 Mi/hr

CCREZ - Hot out!

Good News: I qualified for Nationals on Sunday... Normally my swim is slow enough to just keep me out of the top 10% in my AG at the Boulder 5430 triathlon series. The field is just so stacked with bad ass athletes. Anyway, I think this is the first race that qualifies me! Even a 4:45 HIM was only good enough for 11th place in my AG last year and with 97 athletes in my division I missed it there too! Typically I consider the HIM distance my best chance at qualifying because I can ride and run pretty well and there is more time to bridge the swim deficit. I hope that this result in the Sprint indicates a stronger long season!

Bike
  • 1h 08m 20s
  • 20.20 miles
  • 17.74 Mi/hr

Easy spin on the fixed gear after the swim... some roadie didn't like me passing him up the dam. He tried to turn it on near the top, but I just hammered it up... then after the descent there is another short uphill and he made one last attempt at redemption... nope!

Run
  • 1h 50m
  • 12.20 miles
  • 09m 01s /Mi

Lair O' the Bear trail run with my little buddy, Ramone.

Total Ascent: 3794

My legs felt better than ever: They haven't felt this fresh since before the Colorado Marathon on May 4th! I didn't even feel the typical fatigue that I have been feeling due to my immoral femoral verve nerve (Malargia Paresthetica)!

I guess all of this racing/hard short running is paying off. It may be because I naturally run with better form at faster speeds and I'm not irritating the femoral nerve as much. I'm not really sure. I do know that I ran this trail run easy and it was effortless today. No pains, no twinges, nothing!

Now, I want to do a long ride and see how the verve-nerve feels off the bike! I'm very excited about this. I could start popping my run more now and that will be awesome!

Another note: my AVG HR was really low for this extremely hilly run.

My plan to race a lot this month may not be traditional, but I think I'm on to something... Anyway, 4 of my 7 scheduled June races are done! Number 5 on Wednesday and number 6 on Sunday...

Also, I hit my 1000 run mile logged in 2008. I'm halfway to another year of 2000 plus! I missed by about 300 mile is in 2006 but I think I have run 2000 for 4 of the past 5 years and I'm ahead of schedule this year. YEE HA!

Swim
  • 39m 30s
  • 1900.00 meters
  • 02m 05s /100 meters

Swim down at the pond... I felt pretty comfortable out there... still slow and I'm afraid that I always will be! C'est la vie.

Bike
  • 42m 46s
  • 17.20 miles
  • 24.13 Mi/hr

Bike went well after I got out of transition... nearly crashed cuz I jumped on the bike too soon and had to get off (almost took someone out with me too)

Rode pretty well... I'm happy with the time here.

Run
  • 18m 49s
  • 3.12 miles
  • 06m 02s /Mi

Trans 2 was a nightmare! My stuff was buried underneath someone else's stuff and I was running in circles looking for my spot. I ended up racking my bike in the wrong spot and some a$$hole threw my bike out of his oh so important spot and damaged my brand new dura-ace dérailleur and tore my saddle! Well, he did have a sweet Felt B2 and even though the f#cker is not worthy of the bike, he thought my bike should just be thrown on the ground! DICK HEAD!!! I was half tempted to wait for him after the race, but I didn't want to have to kick his a$$ in front of his friends after smoking him in the race ;)

Anyway, I had the 12th fastest run (2nd in AG). I never felt that great since I had a side stitch, but I wanted to break 19 min and I did!

Swim
  • 14m 35s
  • 750.00 meters
  • 01m 56s /100 meters

My actual time was 15:41 but that includes the long run to transition. I ran slow to transition cuz I couldn't get my wetsuit zipper cord.

But I actually swam pretty well for me. In fact I had the 461st fastest swim out of 1055 participants. I think that is the first time I've ever been in the top 50% in a tri swim!

Not my best performance... I didn't even beat the guy that I beat last week to take first at the HaHa Mini Tri. 1:19:20 was my official time I had hoped to go under 1:18, but my transitions and my swim kept me from reaching my goal. I finished 8th in my age group and 43rd overall today. By far my most disappointing race of the year. Still, I need to keep in mind that the competition was crazy tough today... Brad Cooper finished 8th in my age group so that says it all!

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 25.20 miles
  • 16.80 Mi/hr

On the fixie to and from my coaching session at the CAC in DTC.

Run
  • 50m
  • 5.00 miles
  • 10m /Mi

EASY Get to know my new athletes for Team Denver Marathon/F4 marathon training session. Below zone 1 to just get to know the runners.

DickDime's Training Log

June 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • November's totals
  • October's totals