Run
  • 1h 20m
  • 9.00 miles
  • 08m 53s /Mi

run with TDM - about 4.5 and then some laps on the track. 2 800s in honor of Dills' 8x800s yesterday. 1st one was 3:07 and the second was 2:55. Sluggish.

Bike
  • 4h 24m 28s
  • 80.00 miles
  • 18.15 Mi/hr

Copper Triangle

So This was my first official Vail area resident athletic endeavor!! I woke up, had a pot of coffee, straightened out my new place and then decided to do a little ride! Since I live on the Copper Triangle route, why not do it? I've done it before so it deserved to be done! From my house in Minturn, I just started riding. No real intensity, but not a pussy ride either. As I was starting up Tennessee Pass (To Ski Cooper) I could see 3 matching bike kits. I decided to real them in. Got to the slow guy and he was sporting a sweet Wheatridge Cyclery suit and I blasted past. Got to the second guy and thought that I recognized him, so I said, "Hi, I love that bike shop" and he was like, "thanks!" and and I told him to say, "hello to Cody" and he said, "that's him - up there" and I figured, I would go get him. When I got to Cody, he looked back and said, "Hey Richard, you snuck up on me" and that was a big ego boost. Since Cody is a pro Xterra Triathlete and took 3rd last week in Crested Butte! We rode to Leadville, got some food and then headed up Freemont Pass and then to Copper. He was done, and I headed on to tackle Vail Pass.
Headwinds all the way home.

Great ride. I was really strong. I don't think I've ever ridden this route faster.

Garmin Ascent: 7923 feet

Run
  • 36m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 09m /Mi

Brick off the bike. Slow. It was hot and Ramone had no juice!

First: to my dear BT friends, I am sorry for my lame-ass non inspire lacky attitude lately... but as many of you know, I'm moving and I'm just really busy right now. I'll be back with a vengeance in a few days. Promise. BTW, RAMONE AND DIME LOVE YOU!

Bike
  • 16m
  • 3.50 miles
  • 13.13 Mi/hr

Ride home from the U-Haul joint.

Still moving stuff. I'm tired. The Denver place is just about empty. Pretty sad... end of an era.

Bike
  • 14m
  • 3.50 miles
  • 15.00 Mi/hr

Rode the fixie to get the UHAUL

U-Haulin' to Vail today... This could very well be an unplanned day off. I would love to go to the Gravel Pond tonight, but I doubt I'll be back in time. I'll bring my running shoes and swim gear with me just in case. If I don't get a workout in, no big deal. I had a HUGE weekend and I'm sure a little rest would benefit me. I'm starting to feel like I'm ready for the 5430 HIM. I'm looking to go under 4:40 (4:45:59 last year). I'm thinking: 38ish on the swim, let's say 40:00 to be safe... (last year 42:39) 2:22ish on the bike (last year 2:21:04)... I could go faster or slower than last year, I killed the bike last year (23.8 mph avg) so anything close will be good. 1:35 on the run (1:39:39 last year - the heat did me in). This puts me at 4:35, last year both of my transitions totaled 2:34 so if I match them that puts me at 4:37:34! I would be so stoked if I pulled that off. Everything has to go right, but it is possible. I have to swim well, I actually could make a little time on the bike too and then I must hold it together on the run. That course is tough and it is always hot out there... I feel capable of the time, though!

Bike
  • 2h 22m
  • 48.60 miles
  • 20.54 Mi/hr

Denver loop. I felt a little tired on the bike today. Dills' was hammering and I rode his back wheel more than he rode mine. It was hot and the bike trail was crowded. Great ride.

Run #1
  • 41m 30s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 06m 55s /Mi

Second run of the R/B/R brick. By now the sun was cookin'. Dills' plan called for two miles easy, second to harder, and the final two very hard. I figured with the extreme heat that if there were going to be any fast miles, the first two would have to be them. I took off pretty hard right away, and just hung on to the finish. The last mile is uphill and I could feel my heart trying to blow up my chest cavity. Turned the hose on and poured cold water over my head when I was done. Had pancakes, beers and Margs afterwards. Awesome!!

Run #2
  • 47m 50s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 07m 58s /Mi

First run of the R/B/R brick with Dills. This run was at an easy warm-up pace but at 7:30 the sun was already warming up!

Oh nooooo! 6:00 AM and it's time to head to Dills' house for our Run/Bike/Run brick! Something tells me I shouldn't have finished the whole bottle of Funky Llama Shiraz. Especially after finishing off the 6er of Coors Light! Dills is gonna' hurt me.

Bike
  • 1h 03m
  • 20.00 miles
  • 19.05 Mi/hr

easy spin after swim... no real hard efforts, just loosening up for tomorrow's HUGE Run,Bike,Run brick with Dillard.

Run
  • 1h 20m
  • 12.00 miles
  • 06m 40s /Mi

This was a good workout. I ran with my Team Denver Marathon athlete, Karie, who is a FAST girl... We did 3 x 3 mile at tempo and then I did a 4th to cool down. 4 minute rest between each interval... Good effort

Swim
  • 41m 30s
  • 1975.00 meters
  • 02m 06s /100 meters

Snuck in to the pond later than I was supposed to!

Bike
  • 1h 26m 45s
  • 30.00 miles
  • 20.75 Mi/hr

CCREZ Loop and back. Good effort.

Run
  • 48m 30s
  • 6.50 miles
  • 07m 28s /Mi

Quick brick. Wash Park loop and back.
Good effort.

I am getting closer to the big move to Vail! Today I will try to box stuff heading to storage and to Vail. I did find a place for me AND Ramone. I will be living in Minturn in a very small 1 br that will be the NEW DICK DIME WORLD HEADQUARTERS by August 1st. I have learned that my money is worth less in Vail and for the price of a downtown mortgage, I get to live in what amounts to a hotel suite. Oh well, I am still fired up about this move. I am all about scaling back! Ever since the L-Monster (Lilia) and I broke up last year I have been trying to find a sense of place and balance. It has been a challenge and if the 36 races since last August are an indicator, balance is something sorely missing in my life. I watched/let my business tank, and moped around like a frickin' pussy. Anyway, I am here to tell you - that shit is over and this is my new beginning. So, I am going back to what I know: running bars, booking rock bands and hustling women! Just kidding about the women part... everyone knows that Dick Dime has no game! I will be living at about 8000 feet above sea level and often training at higher elevations. Hopefully, I will continue to improve at swimming and get faster on the bike and the run and be prepared to rock Ironman Arizona in November! All shit talking aside, I BELIEVE that I can qualify for KONA in my first Ironman. I am throwing it out there and putting the pressure on! Dick Dime WILL go sub-10 hours at IMAZ and he will earn and accept his KONA spot. So anyway, I feel good today. I am in a positive mood. I am thinking about a nice long bike ride at some point and a haircut with my crazy Korean stylist, Woonah!! She said, "I will make you look beautiful" and that is all I need to hear. I feel liberated in some way, I am scaling back to become a mountain man and to realize a dream. I do not know where my life is headed, but I know something great is coming my way. I am ready.

DickDime's Training Log

July 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • October's totals
  • September's totals