Run
  • 36m 34s
  • 6.16 miles
  • 05m 53s /Mi

Leg one:

This leg is rated very hard.

I killed it! Last year I had a great H2C and I didn't expect to be able to take much time off last year. The team actually had a commitment pledge and each member guaranteed a certain number of seconds improvement. I ambitiously pledged 120 seconds. On the first leg I improved by 1:54 from last year!

Anyway, my first leg is really tough. It starts out flat with a slight downhill and then gradually starts going uphill until mile 3 where it goes straight up to the finish rising about 650 feet for the last 3 miles.

Mile 1: 5:28 AVG HR 157
Mile 2: 5:22 AVG HR 164
Mile 3: 5:50 AVG HR 167
Mile 4: 6:08 AVG HR 167
Mile 5: 6:15 AVG HR 168
Mile 6: 6:26 AVG HR 169
Plus about :20 for the .08

HOOD TO COAST RELAY - Day I: Big day... Sleep deprived, I drove to the airport on zero sleep (got on the plain with just minutes to spare!)and then flew into Portland with the Altitude Adjusted boys. Once the vans arrived we loaded up and then hit the grocery store for supplies. This year we didn't hang out in Portland like in years past and just drove straight to Mt. Hood. The weather was absolutely beautiful and Mt. Hood stunning as usual; we did out team pictures and Adam (Gearwhore) got dressed in his very pretty uniform (pics soon) and toed the starting line at 6:45! Adam, as one of our new members had the honor of running the first leg. He didn't let us down and ran faster than last year's guy on all three of his legs! More importantly, he looked hot. So hot in fact, that many people commented that he was offensively good looking and I'm pretty sure that he will be featured in the upcoming Hood to Coast Relay movie that was being filmed this weekend. Did I mentioned that I am sleep deprived? UGH.

• RACE DAY: 2008 Nike Hood To Coast Relay
Bike
  • 1h 03m 24s
  • 20.50 miles
  • 19.40 Mi/hr

Easy Spin this morning to East Vail and back.

Run
  • 40m
  • 5.00 miles
  • 08m /Mi

A little tight and tired today off of my big brick, but I made it to track with Rachel and Greg and managed to do about half of the workout.

My bruised thigh hurt but I was able to run through it pretty well which gives me confidence for hood to coast.

1.25 warm-up
1x800: 2:44
1x1600: 5:39
1x800: 2:38
1x1600: 5:42

did some easy jogging of about 800 between each interval

Bike
  • 4h 55m
  • 80.00 miles
  • 16.27 Mi/hr

YAY! I hit my 4K on the bike today!

The old Copper Triangle! I don't know why I always go in the same counter clock-wise direction because I always end up riding into huge headwinds on the way home... People say that this is the harder direction - it is the only way that I have ever gone. The worst part is between Leadville and Freemont Pass; the terrain appears to be downhill but I can only manage about 13 mph for much of that stretch! Anyway, who's complaining... It was absolutely gorgeous out there today. My bruised hip hurt some but I think the riding helped loosen it up a bit

About 5 or 6 thousand feet of climbing

Run
  • 45m
  • 5.00 miles
  • 09m /Mi

Brick off the bike. Ran a trail with Ramone. The little rascal ran through every nasty/swampy puddle he could find. It was hot and he thought that the skanky water would do in a bind too. The worst part was, he made a bath tub out of it.

Run
  • 1h 40m
  • 8.00 miles
  • 12m 30s /Mi

Ouch! Dime fall down.

I ran from my place up past Lions Head rock. The first 4 miles took me 1:01:30! Climbing from 7900 feet to 10,500 feet.

Anyway, on the way down I was daydreaming about how I was going to be faster than at last year's Hood to Coast Relay and I guess I wasn't paying attention cuz, I fell hard on a steep rocky section and landed on my vervenerve near my hip and it hurts like hell and I'm limping. I also cut the heck out of my finger and dripped blood the whole way home, not to mention I re-skinned my knee for the 3rd time this summer.

Still a good run. I hope I recover quickly.

Photobucket
Bike
  • 57m 30s
  • 17.25 miles
  • 18.00 Mi/hr

Went to Denver to coach/run and then ride but the weather sucked so I drove back to Vail... the sun poked out for a bit so I rode the fixie on Frontage road for a bit.

Run
  • 1h 31m 05s
  • 11.42 miles
  • 07m 59s /Mi

Ran with one of my fast athlete's @ F4, Kari, who is trying to win The Moab Other Half Marathon in October... I'm setting her up on the Dime "A" plan to hit 1:25 or so. Heaven help her!

DickDime's Training Log

August 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • October's totals
  • September's totals