• 35m 14s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 05m 41s /Mi

Evergreen Town Race 10K

PR'd by two minutes!

6th place overall
1st in Age Group
25th race of 2008

I entered this race on an extremely tired Dick Dime.
I had some huge workouts in the days leading up plus with the move and new job, I've had very little sleep. Who knows, maybe I could have broken 35, maybe not! It was hot out there with the late start.

Bike
  • 1h 20m
  • 26.00 miles
  • 19.50 Mi/hr

Ride with Dills

Run #1
  • 41m 43s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 06m 57s /Mi

BRICK HOT WITH DILLS

Run #2
  • 1h 02m
  • 6.60 miles
  • 09m 23s /Mi

F4 Group. Easy

Run
  • 2h 40m
  • 14.10 miles
  • 11m 21s /Mi

E P I C

From my door i ran up the mountain. I was looking for the Mintrun Mile. Instead found a trail that went up and up and up. I made it to Eagles Nest 8 miles and 4500 vert. feet later! Actual stats later when I upload the Garmin. I didn't bring water or food and when I got to Eagles Nest (1:30 in to the run) I was thirsty and bonky.
Snuck into some kitchen and stole a green apple and an orange had some water, and since I'm racing on Sunday, decided to take the Gondola ride down the MTN to Lions Head. Then ran to Minturn via Lions Head.

The views were beautiful and I didn't see anyone until Eagles Nest. Just Dime, the tall grass, millions of butterflys and wild flowers, and the big old sun. I loved it!

Run
  • 1h 20m
  • 9.00 miles
  • 08m 53s /Mi

run with TDM - about 4.5 and then some laps on the track. 2 800s in honor of Dills' 8x800s yesterday. 1st one was 3:07 and the second was 2:55. Sluggish.

Bike
  • 4h 24m 28s
  • 80.00 miles
  • 18.15 Mi/hr

Copper Triangle

So This was my first official Vail area resident athletic endeavor!! I woke up, had a pot of coffee, straightened out my new place and then decided to do a little ride! Since I live on the Copper Triangle route, why not do it? I've done it before so it deserved to be done! From my house in Minturn, I just started riding. No real intensity, but not a pussy ride either. As I was starting up Tennessee Pass (To Ski Cooper) I could see 3 matching bike kits. I decided to real them in. Got to the slow guy and he was sporting a sweet Wheatridge Cyclery suit and I blasted past. Got to the second guy and thought that I recognized him, so I said, "Hi, I love that bike shop" and he was like, "thanks!" and and I told him to say, "hello to Cody" and he said, "that's him - up there" and I figured, I would go get him. When I got to Cody, he looked back and said, "Hey Richard, you snuck up on me" and that was a big ego boost. Since Cody is a pro Xterra Triathlete and took 3rd last week in Crested Butte! We rode to Leadville, got some food and then headed up Freemont Pass and then to Copper. He was done, and I headed on to tackle Vail Pass.
Headwinds all the way home.

Great ride. I was really strong. I don't think I've ever ridden this route faster.

Garmin Ascent: 7923 feet

Run
  • 36m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 09m /Mi

Brick off the bike. Slow. It was hot and Ramone had no juice!

First: to my dear BT friends, I am sorry for my lame-ass non inspire lacky attitude lately... but as many of you know, I'm moving and I'm just really busy right now. I'll be back with a vengeance in a few days. Promise. BTW, RAMONE AND DIME LOVE YOU!

Bike
  • 16m
  • 3.50 miles
  • 13.13 Mi/hr

Ride home from the U-Haul joint.

Still moving stuff. I'm tired. The Denver place is just about empty. Pretty sad... end of an era.

Bike
  • 14m
  • 3.50 miles
  • 15.00 Mi/hr

Rode the fixie to get the UHAUL

U-Haulin' to Vail today... This could very well be an unplanned day off. I would love to go to the Gravel Pond tonight, but I doubt I'll be back in time. I'll bring my running shoes and swim gear with me just in case. If I don't get a workout in, no big deal. I had a HUGE weekend and I'm sure a little rest would benefit me. I'm starting to feel like I'm ready for the 5430 HIM. I'm looking to go under 4:40 (4:45:59 last year). I'm thinking: 38ish on the swim, let's say 40:00 to be safe... (last year 42:39) 2:22ish on the bike (last year 2:21:04)... I could go faster or slower than last year, I killed the bike last year (23.8 mph avg) so anything close will be good. 1:35 on the run (1:39:39 last year - the heat did me in). This puts me at 4:35, last year both of my transitions totaled 2:34 so if I match them that puts me at 4:37:34! I would be so stoked if I pulled that off. Everything has to go right, but it is possible. I have to swim well, I actually could make a little time on the bike too and then I must hold it together on the run. That course is tough and it is always hot out there... I feel capable of the time, though!

DickDime's Training Log

August 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • October's totals
  • September's totals