D I C K D I M E

Wednesday - September 3

Bike
  • 1h 26m
  • 26.00 miles
  • 18.14 Mi/hr

Rode to the pool in East Vail Then swam, then rode home.

Run
  • 46m 40s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 09m 20s /Mi

Trail run with Ramone. Ramone needs to go to the docs. there is a lump on his hip... about the diameter of a gulf ball. He's only three so it is odd. I guess I'll have to take him in on Saturday. :(

Swim
  • 24m
  • 1000.00 meters
  • 02m 24s /100 meters

Probably 1100 meters, cuz I kept forgetting what lap I was on.

I don't know why I hate swimming so much. It is actually really kind of nice swimming outside in the outdoor lane pool.

Photobucket

Tuesday - September 2

Run
  • 1h 12m
  • 8.60 miles
  • 08m 22s /Mi

Ran a hilly course with Rachel and Kristen (both super fast). We did 6 x 1' hard tempo surges between mile 4 and 6.

Monday - September 1

Bike
  • 4h 39m
  • 80.24 miles
  • 17.26 Mi/hr

About 6000 feet of vertical!

Copper Triangle with Dave, Julia, Jen, Drew, Greg and Steve (for part of it)... Adam, we had a few no show/no calls! It turned out to be a beautiful day for riding although a bit windy.

Dave let me pull away on the last pass... Don't ask me why, ask him!

Run
  • 37m 50s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 07m 34s /Mi

Brick off the bike. Dave and I ran up the main road towards Leadville and then back to Starbucks.

Awesome training day!

Sunday - August 31

Bike
  • 1h 11m
  • 20.40 miles
  • 17.24 Mi/hr

Easy Spin... got caught in the rain. That was cold

Run
  • 42m
  • 5.00 miles
  • 08m 24s /Mi

Easy run in the at dusk... nice.

I've got about 11 weeks until IMAZ I've got some serious doubts about all this triathlon biz I am not sure I can qualify anymore and if I do I probably can't pull off Hawaii anyway. So what is the point? Once I do this IM I will probably give up triathlon and try my hand at making money. I've been pretty dedicated to this sport and have been pretty good at it. I probably could be pretty good at making money if I dedicated half the time to it that I have triathlon. I really don't enjoy swimming and will never be good at it. So after IMAZ, I'm a runner, snowshoer, and duathlete. I'll go for qualifying for Duathlon Worlds, which should be do-able in 2009, although I won't go to World's; I just want to qualify. I intend to do more trail racing too and perhaps look into better sponsorship opportunities. Yup, I guess I'm in a funk. My life has been so one-dimensional and part of me does NOT want to qualify for KONA cuz then I have to figure out how the hell I'm going to afford to register/travel/train/buy equipment etc. I read an article recently about how it is time for Kona to have a more fair qualifying system - such as the Boston Qualifying system - and I couldn't agree more (see Kona or Bust: http://www.insidetri.com/article/70922. The concept as detailed by the aforementioned article would make the event more democratic and less corporate as it accurately detailed here: This would shift the focus away from the money and on to the athlete by: 1) Giving every triathlete a fair and even chance at qualifying 2) Creating a set of constant and measurable goals for anyone who wants to qualify 3) Ultimately increase the reputation of the race, and grow it beyond the politics of corporate control 4) Make a good race great, and let it really become the legend that NBC likes to portray it as My thoughts are that it sucks balls that IM is monopolized by one corporation and that the IM distance is for all intents and purposes completely controlled my MDOT. Entry fees are stupid expensive and the sport is relegated to the wealthy and the sponsored. Event promoter's who would like to put on an IM distance event don't have a snowballs chance in hell of having a successful race (there are one or two exceptions but these cannot compare to that of the marathon world)... I will not get a MDOT tattoo... FUCK THAT. To those of you that have one, I understand your pride and rational and I don't look at you with any sort of disdain, but for me, it is akin to a having a Wall-Mart tattoo (sort of). Yes, you earned it and yes, I am a hypocrite and will sport my MDOT hat and whatnot, but as far as branding myself, no. So I'm a bit surly today. I am looking down the road to IMAZ and it is freaking me out. Why did I do this? I'm not sure I'm all that into it. Well, I'm going to go ride my bike a bit, run a little and think about swimming cuz thinking about swimming is about as close to the water as I feel like going. Sinking towards IMAZ

Saturday - August 30

Bike
  • 2h 12m
  • 43.00 miles
  • 19.55 Mi/hr

Rode mostly with Dills who was doing a big ride

Run
  • 2h 00m
  • 14.00 miles
  • 08m 34s /Mi

Ran with a couple of my athletes. Good run

Friday - August 29

Bike
  • 1h 03m
  • 20.40 miles
  • 19.43 Mi/hr

Quick loop before a meeting.

Run
  • 49m
  • 6.15 miles
  • 07m 58s /Mi

Ran with my buddy Rachel. That girl is just fast. This route was entirely uphill and we ran it much faster than I would have if she didn't push the pace.

Thursday - August 28

Bike
  • 4h 52m
  • 80.52 miles
  • 16.55 Mi/hr

Copper Triangle... beautiful out there... saw Steve (Breckview) flying down Vail pass.

Run
  • 35m 40s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 08m 55s /Mi

Brick off the bike... hill trail run.

UGH... really late night last night at the bar. I need to not do that to myself :) Well, I'm off to attempt the Copper Triangle... it's getting late, so I better roll. Speaking of the Copper triangle: An informal but amazingly HOT group of athletes are going to be doing the triangle on Monday... Join us! http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=130343&posts=1&start=1

DickDime's Training Log

September 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races