Southwestmba - Philly Phit

The following equipment is nearing replacement:

Tuesday - October 1

Run
  • 46m
  • 5.43 miles
  • 08m 28s /Mi

A new fiscal new and a new level of hate. Hard to really stay focused on prepping for an inspection which may not happen since s bunch of politicians want to play chicken with their daddies cars. Another well needed lunch run and out the door I went. Bit warmer mid 70s and sunny but felt good. Did a River Loop going up Jefferson. Felt really good going up Jefferson and the cruise down renaisaince to the finish. Good run.

Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 44.41 miles
  • 22.21 Mi/hr

Rest of the day was pretty shitty, just sort of lost in my head. Came home and Adrian in on the couch watching CNN and the BS show with politician blabbering and talking over each other why they are right and not listening to what either is saying. No wonder you can make a deal, you can't listen. Made shrimp and tater total and neacterines for dinner and then was so fet up I when down early and ripped off a 2 hour trainer ride watching Ironman, Rev3, and motivational videos. Good ride.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 1 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3

Monday - September 30

Run
  • 46m
  • 5.43 miles
  • 08m 28s /Mi

Monday, Monday. Another fun filled Monday morning, filling out my questions for Enf job, appraisal bullets, Reg Conference scheduling, Ginna Flooding, TI-190, and oh my IP PI&R team prep. Then that whole Gov't shutdown shit hanging over our heads and man did I ever need a run. Got out the door and found a nice mid 60s day waiting for me. A nice River loop not running too hard and floating along. Felt really good.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 22.06 miles
  • 22.06 Mi/hr

Rest of the afternoon was a bit less hectic but the ride home was slow. Made chicken strips and organic mac and cheese, and pears for dinner, then did some laundry and then went for a ride as Matt "sicked" out of scouts. Got in an Ironman Motivation film set on You Tube and powered through a hour starting with Lake Tahoe and hitting Kona. Good steady ride.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 1 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3

Sunday - September 29

Saturday - September 28

Bike
  • 50m
  • 20.20 miles
  • 24.24 Mi/hr

Saturday morning cycling class at the YMCA. Got up a bit late but still was ready in a flash and had to wait for Adrian as usual. Walked in and took my bike and got harassed by Michele and Susan since I always was in the same spot. Even though everyone else was on the other side of the room. Good class with lots of hills, and sprints and sprints on hills, plus a few sets of jumps, isolations, and the like. Good workout Ave 183 watts and 84 rpm.

Swim
  • 1h 20m
  • 4300.00 yards
  • 01m 52s /100 yards

Had to drop Matt off at noon so skipped the run and just did an IM straight swim. Got the inside lane and even though the other lanes were crowded, I pretty much ended up with the lane to myself except of a few short swims and swim tests. Good steady swim and I felt pretty good.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

Friday - September 27

Run
  • 46m
  • 5.96 miles
  • 07m 43s /Mi

Friday, had to go in and get some stuff done, but ended waiting around a lot for IT support. Decide it was a perfect day for a Valley Forge Run so drove over and had to park in the lower lot which added about a quarter mile each way. Hammered out a multipurpose loop for the first time in about a year and it was great. Lots of people, horses, but no deer. Great run

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 4

Thursday - September 26

Run
  • 44m
  • 5.43 miles
  • 08m 06s /Mi

Even thouh it was Thursday it sure felt like a Monday, after being out of the office for the last 2.5 days. Very busy but not super productive morning. FInally got to a point I could break free after noon and then headed out to test out my new shoes. PI EM Tri N2s in Trakkers Green. Did a River Loop going up Jefferson. Very nice day high 60s and a breeze and sunny. Felt good and I like the shoes.

Bike
  • 47m 25s
  • 18.60 miles
  • 23.54 Mi/hr

Was very unproductive the second half of the day until about 4:30pm when I read an enforcement action and then spend the next 1.5 hours discussing what they did and ended up being very late going home. Got home and the entire house except 1 cat was asleep. Made dinner, chicken strips and stuffing and oranges, and then got changed and headed to the Y for my Cycling class. Just got in and set up before we started so no warm up. Leanne had a good class. Warmup, rolling hills at 250 w, sprint set 25,35,35 with standing recoveries (for me), then intervals 45on and 15 off x 3, then a progressive seated hill to level 23, then more sprints 25,35,45 with standing recovery, then a chose your own position changing every 30 sec, then a second set of intervals 45 on and 15 off x3, then a long endurance ride 5.5 min standing, then a hard standing hill starting at level 20, and adding to level 24 (ok everyone else was dropping 2 gears each time but I was going up 1. Then cooldown and stretching, As I said good routine but only 179 w ave and 79 RPM.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 5.5 Overall Workout: 3

Wednesday - September 25

Bike
  • 1h 05m 14s
  • 24.84 miles
  • 22.85 Mi/hr

Another long day of inspection. My alarm came way too early and then checking out and loading car, day off meeting and touring Unit 2 and of course getting gassed up and stuck inside the RCA when I was supposed to be meeting with the ECP coordinator. Good people but they talked my ears off and I didn't get going until 3pm. Long ride home but I picked the right route to avoid the traffic and made good time even with my Bear MT detour due to the traffic circle. Did Adrian's college night , then dropped off the car and forgot my badge then drove home and did a 40K ride. Fun.

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 3 Overall Workout: 3

southwestmba's Training Log

October 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races