Southwestmba - Philly Phit

The following equipment is nearing replacement:

Sunday - October 27

Bike
  • 1h 05m 43s
  • 24.84 miles
  • 22.68 Mi/hr

Sunday. Had to get up early to get a card and gift card for Matt and Alex's birthday. Took close to 2 hours driving to multiple stores then it was back and do some laundry, watch the Eagles, watch NASCAR at Martinsville and Jeff getting the win and taking out the garbage. Then went for a ride. Good tempo ride and decent game of poker other than the All IN freak. Rode quick tempo to a 22.40 mile hour and 1:05:43 40K.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 3

Saturday - October 26

Bike
  • 55m 08s
  • 22.40 miles
  • 24.38 Mi/hr

Saturday morning at the YMCA! Was the in between week so wasn't sure if there would be a class or not but after only having to wake up Adrian twice, I got in to find Susan was having her Halloween ride today and we had a good crowd. Got a good long warm up as she had to set up a new rider. Susan and I go back to the very first cycling demo class they had at the Y 3 rooms ago, and she still is one of the hardest, most brutal, intense, but most fun instructors at the Y. And her Halloween rides are just a ton of fun. Lots of hills, sets of breakaways, sprints, jumps and an evil 3 stage 9 min plus hill, a steady RPM adding 6 times on a 6 min hills to 355watts, and the obligatory "Bat out of Hell" sit, climb sprint, set. Great fun except no Thriller and get pelted with Halloween candy. Good ride. 189 ave watts with warm down and warm up included.

Run
  • 44m
  • 5.00 miles
  • 08m 48s /Mi

Got done and wiped down the bike and then got out on the track and went for a test run. Only ran once last week after the race and no runs this week, so plenty of time to let my calf recover. So went for a test 5 mile run. Got passed by Adrian once then he stopped a bit later he passed me and I followed him for a while then sped up and passed and pulled away and kept that tempo up to the end. Felt my calf tighten during the first mile but just enough to let me know it was there and then loosen up. Actually my groin was more of an issue as I went along. That didn't loosen up till I was in the pool. Good test.

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 3000.00 yards
  • 02m /100 yards

Walked two laps, then went to the locker room and got changed and rinsed off before heading out to the pool. Since it was the in between week, there were no swim classes so plenty of open lanes. Got the one on the far outside and had it to myself the whole way. Was a bit choppy early on as my groin was bugging me and I didn't have a good feel for the water. About 500 yards in, I got my rhythm and my groin loosened up and I got a decent swim. Felt great the last 1500.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

Friday - October 25

Thursday - October 24

Bike
  • 55m 11s
  • 20.31 miles
  • 22.08 Mi/hr

Got back later than other day but also found there is no 6pm cycle class so I went to the cardo center and got on the spinner bike and did the race day workout. Great workout lots of standing, sitting and sprinting plus some jumps. Great music to listen to and some amazing pink tight scenery in front of me for 30 min. Great workout.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

Wednesday - October 23

Bike
  • 50m
  • 18.00 miles
  • 21.60 Mi/hr

Another day where I was just able to get to cycle class. guy was a hill monster and we climbed hard the whole way. Very small crowd but far and away the best instructor this week.. Great ride.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 4

Tuesday - October 22

Bike
  • 50m
  • 18.00 miles
  • 21.60 Mi/hr

Day 2 of the inspection and got back early enough to do the 6pm cycle class. Much better than yesterday. Lady did intervals and paladais ring to work upper body during recoveries. Good workout.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 5 Overall Workout: 3

Monday - October 21

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 20.00 miles
  • 20.00 Mi/hr

Spin class at AllSport with a sub Jeff. Can't believe this place. These instructors blow my mind at times. Max RPM at no resistance, push ups on the bike, hand things, people bouncing. Bad form and a bad workout. Had to seriously deviate from the crap this dude was selling. Hope it annoyed him.

southwestmba's Training Log

October 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races