Partly Cloudy
High 68F
Low 51F

Thursday - November 21

Run
  • 40m
  • 4.73 miles
  • 08m 27s /Mi

Very busy day jumping from one crisis and or question to the next. Then we have a Diversity day Presentation from an EOC lawyer. Actually was pretty good. Was advertised 10-12 but it got done at 11:15 so I was able to get a run in. Did a Horizon O&B loop. Cold and a touch of wind but wore my Half Full Finisher sweat jacket for the first time. I like it a lot.

Bike
  • 50m
  • 21.40 miles
  • 25.68 Mi/hr

Continued jumping from one thing to the next and didn't get anything actually accomplished. Long ride home and some ambulance and fire trucks made it interesting got home 6:40pm, Fortunately the boys wanted Chic Filet so I got a pass on dinner. Got changed helped Matt with an Edgar Alan Poe report then got changed and head to the Y. Just made the cycle class by my watch but was able to warm up for 5 min till Leanne started class. Lots of hills and sprints and kept the effort High. Ended averaging 249 Watt, 705 cals, and 21.4 miles in 50 min. Not bad considering I was really not into it early on. Glad I stck it out.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3

Wednesday - November 20

Run
  • 50m
  • 5.95 miles
  • 08m 24s /Mi

Wednesday worked on my report and made some good progress then left a bit late for lunch. Got out on my run following Tom and then passed Colleen who gave me shit so I had to turn back and run with her for a few minutes (1/3 mile) then cranked back up the past and really ran a great B street loop. Was a clear crisp 40 degree day and their were a ton of folks out walking and running. Great site to se.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 22.05 miles
  • 22.05 Mi/hr

Worked on the 50.73 question and my reports and then an extra long ride home as traffic was evil. Got home after 6:30pm and then made homemade meat sauce and tortellini and garlic bread. Kids were done before I even sat down. No family time tonight but they ate everything. Went down stairs after helping Tammy unload and put away the groceries. Got a steady ride in for an hour, trying to give myself an easy ride and stay 120 BPM, but that didn't work out completely. Good ride though.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3

Tuesday - November 19

Run
  • 47m
  • 5.43 miles
  • 08m 39s /Mi

The day of the Re-re-SERP. Dan made it in and I tried to keep away to not get sick. Had enough to do to get ready for the re-re-SERP. SO got out the door at 11:30 got changed and got going on a River loop going up Jefferson. Was about 46 and was fine until I turned the corner and boom the wind which was at my back was slamming me. Makes you cold too. Very brisk remanded of the run cutting through the wind, but did get to finish downwind.

Bike #1
  • 1h 04m 33s
  • 24.84 miles
  • 23.09 Mi/hr

Got through the SERP and then closed out an Allegator from 2011, what a mess. Mind was fried. Got home and made BBQ chicken and rice pilaf and oranges for dinner. Hauled out an old kids X-mas gift from the basement to the curb, then went for a ride. So so game of poker and a varied musical selection but I hammered away for a nice steady ride 135-145 bpm. Hit 60 min at 22.91 and 40K at 1:04:33

Bike #2
  • 03m 33s
  • 1.16 miles
  • 19.61 Mi/hr

Cooldown from the 40K.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 1 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3

Monday - November 18

Run
  • 47m
  • 5.43 miles
  • 08m 39s /Mi

Monday morning and got an email from Dan that he was sick so I was solo. So much for working on my report. Had some flys in my office but the hornet/wasp was not fun. He wasn't aggressive but certainly was hanging out at my elevation for a while before finally chilling in the light fixture. Sort of felt bad as he/she just wanted to get outside but it can't do that from my office (windows don't open. Headed out for lunch and found some great fall weather 60 degrees and sunny. Got to run in shorts and a tshirt and did a River loop going down Jefferson. Felt good and got a honk and wave of encouragement from someone. Good smooth run.

Bike
  • 58m 30s
  • 27.50 miles
  • 28.21 Mi/hr

A relatively productive afternoon thanks to some green tea and then a long drive home with idiots who slammed on their breaks way too many times. Got home to Tammy at Tai CHi and the boys both crashed out. Made tacitos and red beans and rice and clementine oranges for dinner, then got changes and got Matt to scouts and headed to cycling class. Susan just got done and I saw Tammy and talked to her a bit. Went in and got set up and got a good warmup on levels 12 and 14. We had a sub (she subed for Sara in the summer session). She basically did a series of three hills, then sprints, then breakaways, then hills with breakaways then long sprint with climbs and the climbs into a long sprint, plus some jumps thrown in. Lots of hard efforts and sustained work loads. Did pretty good and then went about 4 min longer at level 14 and 220-240 watts to finish. 251 watt average, 95 RPM average, and 860 cals. Not bad.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3

Sunday - November 17

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 34.11 miles
  • 22.74 Mi/hr

Sunday, did laundry cleaned up took out the garbage and then watched the Eagles win and watched NASCAR. Then went downstairs for a ride. Just missed signing up for the 8:20 poker game so I just watched videos as I rode. Pumped up the tire so had lots of resistance so good workout. 90 min ride.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3

Saturday - November 16

Friday - November 15

Run
  • 59m
  • 6.77 miles
  • 08m 42s /Mi

Friday. Had to go in for work and didn't get to work on what I wanted to but still got a lot accomplished. Got out the door at when I wanted to and headed out to do a B st loop. Got most of the way around and then zoned out on River and went right on past B st. Decided to go to McCoy Ln and then head back adding about a mile. Bit trechorious since on wrong side of the road coming back. Good run and went just under an hour.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 3

southwestmba's Training Log

November 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races