The following equipment is nearing replacement:
Run
  • 49m
  • 5.43 miles
  • 09m 01s /Mi

A brisk 28 degrees with sun and nice cold wind. Did two layers wool hat and gloves as I went and did a River loop going down Jefferson after ARBs and reviewing my PI&R report. Got warm pretty quick and had to be careful of the random patches of ice but I felt ok. Not fast or particularly smooth but not as bad as I expected. Had a good sweat going at the end.

Bike
  • 1h 06m 05s
  • 24.84 miles
  • 22.55 Mi/hr

Took a lot longer to revise my report than I thought and I didn't get out of the office until just about 6pm. Go home close to 7pm but Tammy had made pizza. WEMA had some issues with the YMCA so I Skipped cycling for tonight and rode downstairs after a bit. 40K ride 190-210 watts. One hour at 22.39 miles and 40K in 1:06:05.

Strength
  • 05m

Day 21: 57 secs, 55 sec, 3:00. About as much as I was going to get.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Injury: 1 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 7.11 miles
  • 08m 26s /Mi

Was a gorgeous day outside snowy, icy and cloud but beautiful but Scott was ranting on twitter about not just running without a purpose so I stuck with the plan which he modified to taken into account Sunday's snowstorm. After I came home, made tapia and brown rice with oranges for the boy got changed and went to the YMCA. Was sort of crowded but I found a spot and away I went warm was supposed to be 10 min but I went 20 min at 6.6 mph (9:04/mile) to fully warm and loosen my calf before hitting it and pulling it worse. Main set was 5 X 3 min at 8.9 mph (6:44/mile) with 1 min at 6.0 mph (10:00/mile) between. Then did a reciprocal cooldown to flush my legs. Challenging but very manageable.

Strength
  • 01m

Day 20: Rest day. Did 1 min to keep my streak intact.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Injury: 1 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 34.87 miles
  • 23.25 Mi/hr

Snow day for everyone in the house but me. Got 3 phone calls and 2 texts to let us know Springford cancelled school due to the impending storm. So I call the office status number and its the same recording as yesterday. So I drove in (easy commute), then as I pulled into the office parking lot the first flurries appeared and a few minutes later it was snowing hard. The road outside the office was an absolute mess as 2 trucks jackknifes and they closed the road. We got about 4 inches in 90 minutes or so, meanwhile we issued my report and did the comm plan and I got to call a SVP. Then I did up an ARB and an inspection form and then training courses. Came home and picked up PF Changs (honey shrimp and dynamite shrimp) then did a whole lot of nothing for a while until finally doing my plank and then heading down for my ride. Very annoying game of poker, with very annoying people and I didn't play well finishing 99th. Then I turned on spotify and listened to a wide array of music as I peddled at a steady fast tempo. 90 min ride and a good effort.

Strength
  • 03m

Day 19: 2:30

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 1 Hours slept: 5.5 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 44m
  • 19.50 miles
  • 26.59 Mi/hr

Monday after a snow storm. Got to shovel off the ice then go to work while everyone else had a 2 hour delay. Was fairly productive and got one report though the gauntlet and the other into in( though the second has an exponentally easier path. Wrote a comm plan and a reply to another interested group. Got home and had to make dinner, chicken bits and rice then dumped the rice on my hand and the floor. Saved mine, got my Powerbar order for the Xmas care packages for the troops together and brought Matt to Boy Scouts. Dropped it off and went to the Y. Got changed and got up to the cycle room and it was still locked. The instructor Sara showed up a bit late and we only had 2 people (a third joined just before we started. Decent class, she is the add a gear lady and I start 4-6 gears above what see recommends and get a great workout. 261 Ave watts.

Strength
  • 05m

Day 18: 25 seconds, 65 seconds, 50 seconds, 135 seconds.

Sport
  • Snow Shoveling
  • 30m

Shoveled out the ice/slush left over and shoveled off my car which still had 4-6 inches on it. Plus walkways and stoop.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 1 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 32.68 miles
  • 21.79 Mi/hr

Snow day, got up, did laundry, picked up Adrian, and it started flurrying. And it didn't stop. 4-6 inches of snow during the Eagles game. Made for a lot of fun. I was super unproductive. Made dinner, did the catboxs and took out the garbage, hoping this turns to rain so I don't have to shovel. Did my plank and then went for a ride. No music, played a pretty good game of poker finishing 17th. Steady ride for 90 min.

Strength
  • 02m

Day 17: Plank A Day. Did my plank as the Sunday night Football intro was coming on. 2 minutes, was tough the last 30 seconds but I held out.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 1 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 45m
  • 18.70 miles
  • 24.93 Mi/hr

Saturday morning at the YMCA. Didn't sleep well, and Adrian was in super slo mo and their was no where to park so got to class late and missed the first song as I was setting up, and someone was on my bike so had to set up my bike too. Jen and Byron were there and they do a great job, so I got going and took it easy the first song to warm up a bit then was after it. She gave up a lot of medium climb and lots of breakaways and a few interval/sprints thrown in. Good workout but I really didn't feel it today. 218 Watt Average and 615 cals.

Run
  • 48m
  • 5.25 miles
  • 09m 08s /Mi

Got done with class wiped down the bike and hit the track. Ran very easy the first mile and then slowly picked up the pace but my calf started flaring up which slowed me back down. Hammered the last mile lapping Adrian and his friend 3 x (to make up for the lapping he did the first mile). Not a good run and had issues counting laps.

Swim
  • 56m
  • 3000.00 yards
  • 01m 52s /100 yards

Walked two cooldown laps and then went downstair and got changed and rinsed off. Got my own lane next to the swim classes and went to work. Compared to the cycle class and the run, I felt pretty good. Had a good feel for the water and dropped into a nice steady long tempo. At 1250 I got a very fast lane mate until the second lane opened up and he moved. I stayed in my own little world. Was going to do a Half Rev then 50 laps then went 3000 yards, only stopping there since I had to bring Adrian home. Very good swim.

Strength
  • 02m

Day 16: Two minutes prone. Those 120 seconds went by soooooo slow but I made it. Very happy!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 1 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 1 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 2
Strength
  • 01m

Day 15 of the Plank-A-Day Challenge. Rest day but I did a 60 sec plank to keep my streak alive at 14 consecutive days (I missed Day 1 and made it up on Day 2.)

southwestmba's Training Log

December 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • October's totals
  • September's totals