Southwestmba - Philly Phit

The following equipment is nearing replacement:

Monday - December 2

Bike
  • 45m 07s
  • 19.00 miles
  • 25.27 Mi/hr

My calf bothered my all day but wasn't painful. I skipped my lunch run because I had a ton of reports to write after a week off and no one did jack which I was gone. So came home late and made tappia, parmisian cuscus and peas for dinner, found Matt didn't feel good and wasn't going to Scouts. So had some time, still got to class on time and had to adjust the bike and the basically got a 1 min warmup. Good class with the Monday person. SHe still dials up low resistance 4-10 for most then does stuff like add 4-7 gears, so when I have a base of 14 and 16-18 for most hill at start, I max out at 24 quite early. SO had to do my own thing including a very long max climb seated while everyone else was bouncing around. Good workout 249 Watt Average.

Run
  • 36m 50s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 09m 12s /Mi

Right after cycleing I wiped down my bike and headed to the track and drank the rest of my perform. Was antsy since my calf was bothering me most of the day but after a good cycling class I felt like I could do my workout. Warmup of 1 mile in 10:42 then 1 min standing recovery, then a 2 mile Time Trial at Race Pace. Went out hard first mile in 6:29 and held on the second mile in 6:48 for a 13:17 two mile. Then did a mile cooldown easy. Could feel my calf but it wasn't a problem except for in my head not totally trusting it. Good Triathlon Run leg Time Trial.

Strength
  • 02m

Day 11: After dinner and before my shower I knocked out 90 seconds. Was a fight the last 30 seconds but I made it.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 1 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 1 Overall Workout: 3

Sunday - December 1

Bike
  • 1h 06m 36s
  • 24.84 miles
  • 22.38 Mi/hr

Sunday. Laundry and football and a bit of groceries, took out the garbage and that's about it. Made beef pot pies for dinner, then went for a ride too try and loosen up the knot in my calf. Good hour ride and slowly ramped up the effort.

Strength
  • 01m

Day 10: Supposed to be a day off but since its Plank-A-Day, I decided to step back and do one minute.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 1 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 1 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

Saturday - November 30

Run #1
  • 07m
  • 0.62 miles
  • 11m 16s /Mi

Warmup (Literally) for the Burn Off The Bird 5K. 24 degrees burr!

Run #2
  • 22m 09s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 07m 08s /Mi

Burn off the Bird 5K See Race Report 1st place 40-49 AG 3X Champion!

Run #3
  • 29m
  • 3.10 miles
  • 09m 21s /Mi

Warm down jog doing the 5K course again nice and easy. Really started feeling my right calf again. Tight by not pain. Stretched a bit and kept going with no issues but glad I have an off day tomorrow.

Strength
  • 02m

Day 9: After the race and shower I knocked out 75 seconds. Real battle the last 30 seconds.

Friday - November 29

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 7.27 miles
  • 08m 15s /Mi

Black Friday. Slept in and missed all that and then went to the Y since I had a interval/VO2 Max session. Got a treadmill and then started with a 10 min warmup at 6.5 mph. Then 10x 2min at 8.8 mph (6:49/mile) with 2 min rest at 6.5 mph. Was only supposed to be 7x 2 min but I can't help myself sometimes. Then cooldown for the last 12 min for an even hour. Good workout.

Swim
  • 40m
  • 2150.00 yards
  • 01m 52s /100 yards

Wiped down my treadmill and then walked over to the locker room and got changed and showered. Got up on the pool deck and it was 2 two a lane except for one old guy swimming right down the middle. Joined his lane and split it and then swam for about 1000 with him then had 2 people ask to join and then not join, then a lady split with me and finally a third hops in and wants to circle so I did with the lady right on m heels and the other dude getting lapped. Ticked my off a bit. but I least I was able to finish my swim today.

Strength
  • 02m

Day 8: 75 seconds in the evening after dinner. Not easy and then Tammy comes up and asks me what I'm doing and tries to make me laugh. Made it!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

Thursday - November 28

Bike
  • 50m
  • 18.51 miles
  • 22.21 Mi/hr

The post Thanksgiving Day feast after a monster dinner and apple pie ala mode, and dishes I headed downstairs for a short spin to work everything through my system. Mission accomplished. 50 min 11 songs and an evil bad beat to end another bad poker game.

Strength
  • 01m

Day 7: Knocked out my 60 seconds first thing this morning.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3

Wednesday - November 27

Swim
  • 25m
  • 1400.00 yards
  • 01m 47s /100 yards

After my run I did my 60 sec Plank and then headed to the locker room, got changed and showered then out to the pool. Had one strange old man just sitting there in the middle of the middle of a lane but fortunately the lady next to him shared her lane with me. Got going for a nice smooth swim and was thinking going long, but then then equipment started showing up then swimmers and more swimmer at the deep end and then it was time for the Springford HS swim practice as they poured into the pool. I figured out want was going on and stopped and sat in the hot tub a bit then showered and headed home.

Run
  • 45m
  • 5.31 miles
  • 08m 28s /Mi

Another cold, wet and rainy day. Really wanted to run outside but the rain picked up and I ended up at the YMCA for the third day in a row. Got a middle treadmill and went to work at 7.1 mph. Was supposed to be 40 min but wanted to go at least 5 miles so went 45 min. Good steady run.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 21.77 miles
  • 21.77 Mi/hr

After my workout, I went shopping then found out I officially qualified for the Rev3 AG Championship and facebooked a while. Then made dinner tacitos and brown rice and oranges. Then went for a ride. A relatively easy hour ride after a bad poker game and some music. Bit of a recovery ride.

Strength
  • 01m

Day 6 60 second plank after my 5.31 miles on the treadmill. Lots of sweat and really struggled and fought from 10 seconds on.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3

Tuesday - November 26

Run
  • 1h 05m
  • 7.85 miles
  • 08m 16s /Mi

Nasty day outside today. Ice/freezing rain and low 30s all day. Had to bring my car in for round two and now I'm legal and poor (new catalytic convertor, front brakes, and fog lamp). First interval workout with Scott Fishman my coach for this month, so couldn't justify skipping my workout, so I hit the YMCA and did it on the treadmill. Started out with a 10 min warmup at 6.5 mph (9:13/mi), then 10 min at 8.0 mph (7:30/mi), 4 min 6.5 mph, 10 min 8.0 mph, 4 min 6.5 mph, 12 min 8.0 mph, 4 min at 6.5 mph, and 6 min at 8.0 mph for 60 min. Then a 5 min cooldown at 4.8 mph (12:30/mi). Hit 10k at 49:58. Bit more than what coach wanted but 3 x 5 min at 10K pace with 10 min W/U and C/d just didn't feel like enough of a workout.

Bike
  • 1h 04m 25s
  • 24.84 miles
  • 23.14 Mi/hr

Came home, facebooked, took a shower, had a phone interview for potentially adopting a puppy, made General Tso's chicken with peas and rice for dinner, and then went to get some bread and milk and drop off the mail. Then got ready for a ride. Went down and rode a good steady and fast 40 K TT to the Starred playlist. Played the 8:20 poker game and made the money but played a really poor game. Got to focus on riding the last section so pushed hard to the end. One hour in 22.96 miles and 40K in1;04:25. Good ride.

Strength
  • 01m

Day 5 is an off day but since I missed day 1 (even though I did two on day 2) did another 45 sec plank today between workouts.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4

southwestmba's Training Log

December 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races

• Rev3 Pocono Mountains - Olympic Rev (Triathlon)
    9/14/2014 Shawnee on Deleware, Pennsylvania

Totals

• August's totals
  • July's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals