Southwestmba - Philly Phit

The following equipment is nearing replacement:

Tuesday - January 21

Strength
  • 01m

Day 34: 1 min before midnight. Only activity thanks to a major snowstorm, my wife's birthday, playing chess vs Matthew and a dual unit scram. Such fun!

Monday - January 20

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 25.20 miles
  • 25.20 Mi/hr

MLK day and with my foot still bugging me I took the day off from running order and picked up Dan's gift and delivered it with the rest of the stuff. He seemed to be doing pretty well a week after surgery. I made scrambled eggs and sausage and grapes for dinner at Tammy's request and then brought Matt to Scouts. Got to the Y very early and got a long warm up/ tempo ride prior to class at 160 watt range, so was good and ready to ride when class started for the four of us who showed up. Good class lots of hills, long hills, and jumps and isolations, and a few sprints. Good workout, and rode a full hour. 193 watts ave for whole thing including the warmup ride.

Strength
  • 01m

Day 33: 1 min after my shower. Bit discouraging that after 58 days worth of planks I still struggle with a minute some nights.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

Sunday - January 19

Bike
  • 40m
  • 15.66 miles
  • 23.49 Mi/hr

AFC and NFC championships and a bit of supportive Dad moments so did get to ride until very late. So I hammered 40 min to Spotify. Good hard ride

Strength
  • 02m

Day 32: Got right off the bike and started planking just before midnight and went over to the next day as I held it for 90 seconds. Right off a hard bike that's pretty good

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4

Saturday - January 18

Bike
  • 40m
  • 16.30 miles
  • 24.45 Mi/hr

Saturday morning at the YMCA. Really had a hard time getting out of bed and just didn't feel good. Took a while to get Adrian up. Got to class late and don't know the instructor. Was a good class with long intervals and good climbs but I was just off. Only managed 208 watts average.

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 6.80 miles
  • 08m 49s /Mi

Wiped down the bike and talked to Jen a bit and then debated whether to run on the track, run on the treadmill or swim. Decided since it was Meg's Miles day I should run and since my foot was letting me know it was there I went with the treadmill since it does have a much more custioned ride. So went for an hour at 6.8 mph.

Swim
  • 45m
  • 2150.00 yards
  • 02m 06s /100 yards

Wiped down the treadmill and then headed to the locker room. Still didn't feel great but I decided I still wanted to swim. So got changed and showered and went to the pool. Full swim class and lap lanes but was able to share a lane. Went for a HIM swim. Arms felt heavy for first 500 but things smoothed out and I felt better. Not hard swimming just long and smooth.

Strength
  • 01m

Day 31: 1 min After groceries

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 1 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 1

Friday - January 17

Run
  • 40m
  • 4.73 miles
  • 08m 27s /Mi

Friday. Got some stuff done, and briefed Eric and Ray on the Ginna SERP so we can brief Dave so we can have the SERP itself in on the 28th. Efficiency at its finest. So before that brief I get an e-mail from Eric asking if anyone wants to go to lunch so he can meet everyone since he has been here all of 3 days. Quandry. Do lunch with the boss or run. I had my stuff, it rained on Tuesday, was counting on a run, so I opted for a run. I don't mind skipping a run now and then but I had been doing that a lot recently. So checked the weather 37F/34F wc and got changed, head outside and it certainly felt much nicer and no wind. So I was a bit overdressed for my Horizon-Jefferson O&B, but I survived. A bit of foot pain but I'll give it a few days off this weekend. Good run.

Strength
  • 01m

Day 30: 1 min before Bed

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 1 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 5 Overall Workout: 3

Thursday - January 16

Run
  • 52m
  • 5.95 miles
  • 08m 44s /Mi

Not a super productive day with 2 hours of training and listening to Roy and Wayne try and one up each other. Soon it was lunch, only 36 and a cold wind made it a chilly B Street loop. Just cruised along nice and easy, Glad I did it. Picked up a number of plastic bottles sitting on top on Renaissance on the way in, makes 5-6 this week. Keep Renaissance clean throw your trash away.

Bike
  • 45m
  • 18.00 miles
  • 24.00 Mi/hr

Cycling class with Leanne. Got on the road late, got home later and got the boys Chick-a-Fila, and picked up potstickers and stuffed mushrooms after class. Good class worked hard but just felt sluggish. 210 W ave.

Strength
  • 01m

Day 29: 1 minute after my shower.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 5 Overall Workout: 2

Wednesday - January 15

Run
  • 46m
  • 5.43 miles
  • 08m 28s /Mi

After raining all day Tuesday, it seemed like it was going to rain all day again but at about 11:00 it finally stopped and I had to get outside. Was about 45 so went with sweat pants and long sleeve Rev3 shirt and Trakkers pullover. Did a nice easy River Loop going up Jefferson until I hit the top of Renaissance and spotted a guy in a lime green hat about 200-300 yards ahead and I decided to catch him in my last kilometer. Did it with a block to spare. Felt good.

Bike #1
  • 1h 06m 31s
  • 24.84 miles
  • 22.41 Mi/hr

Came home and had to pick up Adrian from Lil Eagles but the traffic was a mess since it started raining again. Got home and made Chicken chunks and mac and cheese and garlic mashed potatoes and the rest of the fruit bowl. Was supposed to take Adrian to Matt's but that fell through and I crashed on the bed waiting. Got up and did my ride a bit later. Did a nice smooth 40K listening to Spotify and playing another good game of poker. Made the final table for the second game in a row and 3rd in the last 5 tourneys. Good ride.

Bike #2
  • 03m 30s
  • 1.16 miles
  • 19.89 Mi/hr

Cooldown post 40K.

Strength
  • 01m

Day 28: 1 min post poker game before my shower on the tile.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 5.5 Overall Workout: 3

southwestmba's Training Log

January 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races