The following equipment is nearing replacement:
Bike
  • 1h 12m
  • 18.00 miles
  • -----

Not a great play list tonight - got really hungry at the end and checked out mentally.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 28m

Tunnels at lunch - long route today. Feeling peppy!
Spin class tonight, then dinner w/ some of Brian's friends, then my girlfriends are joining us for a drink, then the WSU midnight tip-off basketball game! Going to be a long night :)

Gratitude Day 11: Veterans! Grateful to all - past, present and future - who put their lives on the line and on hold for our freedoms. 

Run
  • 31m 14s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 10m 24s /Mi

Electrifying run - I felt amazing! Purposefully sped up to see how fast I could do this today. Love.LOVE.running. (this statement valid today only)

Weighed in at 127 even after the run - deep breath - this is the lowest I've weighed in since we began tracking in August! I feel light and energetic. And not to toot my own horn but I really like the way my body is looking. I feel great, I feel confident. I am going to win this battle.

Gratitude Day 10: Religious freedom. How sweet is it to live in a country where we are allowed to practice any religion (or not)? Grateful to be able to walk into church this morning and hear a great message. I am slowly coming around to the "mega church" (mega for Wichita - they have 5 services between Sat/Sun with 1,600 people attending each weekend) Brian attends. I noted afterward that I especially liked today's message, and Brian pointed out that it was a bit more raw - and closer to one you would hear at "my" church. I guess that's why it resonated with me so much.

Swim
  • 38m 03s
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 01m 54s /100 yards

Faster than last week :)

Gratitude Day 9: Those who help others. Spent 3 hours with co-workers this morning stuffing food packs for kids at the Food Bank! We set the record today, completing 3,128 packs (roughly 1/3 of the packs that will be distributed in one week). This entry wasn't about patting myself on the back, but more about the organizations in our communities whose mission is to help others, and the countless donors and volunteers who keep them running. 

Sport
  • Walking
  • 25m

Wasn't going to walk a 4th day but went ahead anyway. 40mph winds today so lots of leaves blowing in the open doors!

Gratitude Day 8: Brian. I am so thankful for this man who, for the first time in my life, makes me truly happy. I'm thankful for his amazing qualities that I adore (godly, natural leader, supportive, compassionate and funny), and how from the very first date we've fit together like puzzle pieces. Today he gets back from South Africa and I am giddy to see him :)

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 5.00 miles
  • 12m /Mi

Struggled tonight.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 22m

Tunnels - shorter route today

Gratitude Day 7: Opportunities. Among the vast and many opportunities that I'm grateful to have been afforded, today I'm also thankful that my boss nominated me for a Young Professional Leadership Academy (and the company will pay for it). It's through our local Chamber of Commerce and I think it will be a great experience (if I get accepted). 

Bike
  • 1h 13m
  • 19.00 miles
  • -----

I worked so freaking hard during this class! Absolutely loved her playlist. MONEY.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 28m

Tunnels - I added another additional tunnel today but must have been walking super fast as it only took 3 minutes longer total.

Gratitude Day 6: Puppydogs - they make me laugh and show amazing unconditional love. Funny story, last night I roll up to Brian's (dog-sitting) and open the garage where I had left his dog. She does not come out, SHE IS NOT IN THERE WHERE I LEFT HER. Panic. Opened the door to the 3rd car area thinking maybe she sprouted thumbs, opened that door and locked herself in there. She's not there. Go inside - Bentley comes running up but no Baron. More panic. Surely I didn't leave her outside in the rain all day... checked... nope she is not outside. Did I seriously LOSE BRIAN'S DOG? 

More trips to the garage, outside, calling her name - NOTHING. Finally I open the door to the bedroom and she is sitting in her (locked) crate looking at me like "hey! what's up!" So confused. Did I crate her before work? No, I specifically remember putting her food and water in the garage in a weird food bowl, which was still in the garage. Now I'm thinking someone has been in the house. Huh? Someone broke in, didn't take anything, and put the dog in her crate? 

Then I saw the note on the kitchen counter from Brian's son, saying he had stopped by to grab his basketball jersey and that Baron was in her crate. My heart rate was high and I felt really dumb for a good 15 minutes. 

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 5.02 miles
  • 11m 57s /Mi

Treadmill in Brian's basement (raining outside) - rough start as I didn't realize it was set to an incline. Had no idea why it was so hard! Watched last half of Biggest Loser and first half of The Voice. Full stomach from dinner.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 24m

Tunnels over lunch

I've eaten 2 fun-sized Snickers bars since I started dog sitting at Brian's Saturday. Last night was one of those nights I could NOT get full. I ate: PF Changs - gf egg drop soup and gf spicy chicken entree (no rice), sugar free Jello chocolate pudding cup w/ sf whip cream, Atkins bar, mixed nuts, babybel cheese - then the snickers. And I could have still eaten more! Must focus the rest of the week. I put the Halloween candy on the top shelf of the pantry so I won't see it. 

Gratitude Day 5: Basic needs. Even though I over-did it on food last night, I am so grateful that I have a roof over my head, good food to eat, clean water, electricity, etc. Last night Heidi talked about the conditions she saw first-hand in South Africa where 12-year-olds are Head of Household taking care of their sibling babies and toddlers (since there are so many adults dying from AIDS - the same cause I fund-raised for with Oasis in Kenya) - and their "household" is a dirt shack with a dirty mattress on the floor, no water or electricity or anything. We truly have it good here.

lisac957's Training Log

November 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • December's totals
  • November's totals