The following equipment is nearing replacement:
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.00 miles
  • -----

Trainer

Got some great advice last night from Brian on my work situation, and had a perfect conversation with my manager this morning during my mid-year performance review. My review was great, which again goes to show how horrible my old manager and his personal vendetta against me was. He REMAINS the only manager in my 13 years of professional work experience who has given me a bad performance review.

Basically at the end of the review I told my manager that I was highly interested in and open to opportunities and projects outside of what I'm doing now. Whether that be related to my current skill set or learning new skills, I want to add value to the company by working with other groups and gaining new experiences. I felt like his reaction was super positive and my initiative was noticed. Hopefully that will keep me from being bored out of my mind and might open some other doors in the future.

Another rest day - ahhh.

I had a whole post about my job/career but BT ate it - seems to be happening a lot lately. Don't want to re-write it all. Basically I'm bored and am thinking about my options.

In an exciting turn of events, I was offered a charity spot for Chicago Marathon (again! But this time for real!). I'll be raising funds for Oasis for Orphans, along with my sister. SUPER excited to be running Chicago again and strangely even more excited by the fundraising challenge - there is a minimum involved but I really think I can make it. 

Extraordinarily tired last night and this morning - Brian's mom is in town so I got to meet her last night (she is great!), and I went home and was in bed before 11 p.m. - and I slept until 9 a.m. this morning. Wow. Grateful for smaller workouts from here on out.

Bike #1
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.00 miles
  • -----

Trainer since it was storming outside.

Bike #2
  • 2h 08m 03s
  • 32.23 miles
  • 15.10 Mi/hr

The storm passed so I got my butt outside. Really peaceful ride but my legs got fried at the end. My favorite cheerleaders were right out by the road today - aren't they so cool?!

Just a 45-minute run until taper.

Run
  • 46m 14s
  • 4.01 miles
  • 11m 31s /Mi

Not entirely sure I should have done this - my body was telling me not to. Legs are trashed. Really hard. It rained for the last mile which was very welcome as it cooled me off a bit.

I can haz taper now?!

Bike
  • 1h 00m 50s
  • 15.38 miles
  • 15.17 Mi/hr

Easy ride - body is tired.

Run
  • 2h 00m 36s
  • 10.14 miles
  • 11m 53s /Mi

98 degrees, feels like 104.
Did a 10:1 run/walk. While I could.

This was rough. Cloud cover for the first half made it marginally more tolerable, but sweet baby Jesus it was hot out there. Drank 80 oz water. Got dizzy in the last half mile so walked almost all of that in the full sun.

I think the cool wings helped but they dried out almost immediately each time I would wet them. Stopped 3x for water refills - once at my grocery store and their entire fountain drink system was out of order and so were the water fountains. Thank goodness I had a $5 bill in my water bottle pouch, had to BUY a bottle of water.

First run on the questionable new shoes. They worked great.

I'm tired.

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 14m

Walked Bentley before work

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 15m

After dinner walk with Brian, Baron and Bentley

Purchased new running shoes finally. Except Asics discontinued the 21XX series I've been running in for 7 years. Most comporable is the new "2000" series so I went with those. What could possibly go wrong? LOL.

Also picked up all my race GUs and Stinger chews and yesterday made an appointment for the basic bike tune up a week from tomorrow. Had to sweet talk them into a 3-day turnaround but they were awesome about it since I had a race deadline. Probably going to just pay them the $50 or whatever they charge to disassemble my bike and pack it in the borrowed hard case. Will eliminate a big chunk of pre-race stress in my life!

Writing down my brick-cramming-almost-taper weekend workouts as I'll probably forget:

Saturday: 1 hr ride + 2 hr run brick
Sunday: 3 hr ride + 45 min run brick 

Run
  • 1h 29m 41s
  • 8.03 miles
  • 11m 10s /Mi

Super proud I got up and was out the door by 6:30 a.m.! This is big for me!!
Fueled by an Amy's gluten free burrito and a 5-hour energy (not a bad combination) - body was cranky for the first 3 miles but the last 5 I was feeling great.

77 degrees, 67% humidity. Only drank 1.5 bottles of water, should have done more like 2.5.

lisac957's Training Log

July 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
  • November's totals
  • October's totals