The following equipment is nearing replacement:
Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m

At home - lovely!

After my run yesterday my weight was down to 132-point-something - will be interested to see what I weigh in at on Friday (for the record, I went 135.8 to 133.8 back to 135.8 the past three Fridays). 

Had a really great weekend chilling with Brian and his son - we went grocery shopping, Target shopping, ran errands, made amazing meals, watched movies. Saturday we made chicken/veggie skewers on the grill with a spinach/feta/strawberry/blueberry/tomato/almond/balsamic salad, then last night we made pizza with turkey pepperoni and tons of veggies - and caesar salad. We are getting good at meals!

Still hoping the little one is watching and will be more interested in healthy foods one of these days. It's fascinating watching Brian be a Dad - he mentioned once that with a kid that age, everything is a battle - literally every single thing. So you really have to pick and chose which battles to fight and which ones to let go. Never really thought of it that way.

• Calories: 1472 From fat:582.26 (64.7g, 39.56%), From Carbs:643.76 (160.95g, 43.73%), Protein:245.98 (61.5g, 16.71%)
Run
  • 3h 08m 57s
  • 16.00 miles
  • 11m 48s /Mi

Difficult! Actually the first 10 miles I felt GREAT. Then at mile 10 my right knee was hurting so fiercly I wasn't sure I was going to make it. Took my 2nd (and last with me) Ibuprofin then and crossed my fingers it would work. It sort of did, it lessened the pain but I was beat down.

10:1 run/walk until the last ~4 miles or so then I started walking more. Needed more nutrition, I only took in 200 calories of Sports Beans.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 15m

Dog walk with Brian after dinner. Such a lovely evening and dinner was great, too.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 25m

Dogs - Brian is home! :)

Sport
  • Walking
  • 18m

Dog walking

Puppy pics :) The bigger one is Baron, the little one Bentley is mine. He is striking a pose!

It's a rest day! I shall walk the dogs tonight (and take a photo for Amber - they are so cute walking side by side), relax in the bath again, clean up Brian's house and go to bed early. Plan says 16 mile run tomorrow. Not excited about it, but VERY excited that Brian comes home tomorrow :)

• Calories: 1471 From fat:415.94 (47.07g, 28.28%), From Carbs:730.01 (185.87g, 49.63%), Protein:325.04 (82.76g, 22.1%)
Run
  • 44m 33s
  • 4.02 miles
  • 11m 04s /Mi

Running was hard tonight. Didn't take Baron on any of it since a huge storm is rolling in and I just wanted to get this in before the crazy starts.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 14m

Dogs

Well wahoo! I won a 5-hour-energy photo contest on Twitter! Actually I think everyone who entered won - but still. I just sent them my address to be shipped some free product - fun! 

Yesterday and today were the big "first days of school" around here - I love seeing everyone's kids photos on Facebook, so stinkin' cute! This morning (at Brian's house-sitting remember), I heard a ton of commotion right outside the house. I look outside to see a large gathering of people, weird. Thinking maybe something happened like an accident at the pool or playground, I looked again - to see parents with cameras and kids with backpacks and new outfits on. Ahhh - seems the bus stop is right outside Brian's house :)

It got me thinking, though, about how lucky kids in the US are to have schools to go to and warm, safe homes to come back to. You know who doesn't? Lots of kiddos in Kenya. The charity I'm raising money for, while I'm training for Chicago Marathon, is going to use those funds to complete a new children's home called The Shelter. This location will house and serve children who have been orphaned in the slums of Kibera due to the AIDS crisis.

Would love any help from my BT family - click here if you want to donate :)

• Calories: 2154 From fat:855.04 (91.55g, 39.7%), From Carbs:875.77 (210.97g, 40.66%), Protein:423.19 (101.95g, 19.65%)
Run
  • 1h 30m 26s
  • 8.00 miles
  • 11m 18s /Mi

Knees were super cranky every step of the way, ouchie. Kept reminding myself how important the mid week long runs are. Headache too. Upped Baron's victory lap to 1.5 miles tonight.

Oh boy, I had a nutrition attack last night. I could NOT get full! Don't like nights like that, but not sure how to handle it. I'm getting more protein than usual but will try more tonight for dinner. 

I LOVE cooking in Brian's kitchen - it's so big and roomy compared to mine. All the pots and pans and utensils are high-end and I hate saying it but it really does make cooking more enjoyable. Going to try a Thai basil chicken tonight over quinoa. Protein, protein, protein. 

Also the two dogs together are doing well, except for the pizzing contest in the living room. This happens every time Bentley goes over there - they both mark the same square foot of carpet over and over - no matter how many times they are walked outside and empty their bladders. I've been cleaning it like crazy with the enzyme stuff but no dice. I'm about to cover it with duct tape or something, but I'm sure they would just move on to another spot. 

• Calories: 1754 From fat:673.21 (69.89g, 38.38%), From Carbs:695.51 (162.47g, 39.65%), Protein:385.28 (90g, 21.97%)
Run
  • 42m 02s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 10m 30s /Mi

In the rain! First mile I was feeling rough and sluggish but pepped up after that. Last mile was with Baron The Dog. Wasn't sure how she would handle the rain but she was great! Just had to shake her head a few times and she did slip once - I felt bad about laughing but it was hilarious :)

Sport
  • Walking
  • 15m

Dog walking after work

Yup I had the most lovely evening last night. After a trip to Target to get some groceries and such, I cooked up a veggie omelet, took the dogs on a walk, drew a hot bath and soaked in lemon bath oil with a face mask on while drinking pinot noir and listening to Pandora. Showered, did my nails and read in bed. So relaxing. 

Then I checked my email to see that I had been asked by one of our Directors to prepare and distribute a press release (7 p.m. email, no phone call) - and another email asking why it wasn't done (10:30 p.m.), and another email from my boss saying he would take care of it (at 11 p.m.). I'm sorry but if you need something done in non-standard work hours you might have to pick up the phone and call me. Curious as to what my boss will say about it this morning. EDIT: Boss is taking responsibility as he knew about it around 5 p.m. but did not interpret the sense of urgency (markets closed, after hours, etc. does not usually constitute an emergency release) - also strongly agrees that one phone call would have solved everything instead of assuming everyone is available and checks email after hours. Grrr.

• Calories: 2236 From fat:1100.02 (120.67g, 49.2%), From Carbs:711.34 (175.58g, 31.81%), Protein:424.64 (104.81g, 18.99%)

lisac957's Training Log

August 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • October's totals
  • September's totals