reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • LEGS - Squats, Wide Stance

Going for 3-rep max today. This is a PR, since it should be 80% of my 1-rep max. Currently my 1RM on back squat is 225. 3 reps at 195 brings my 1RM to about 235 so I'm pretty happy!!

Sport #1
  • Chiropractic
  • 15m

My chiro makes me feel fresh and new. :)

Sport #2
  • Crossfit
  • 07m 26s

This time only for the WOD, the warmp and SWOD are listed separately.

WU:
Row 500

SWOD:
5-5-3-3-3-5-5 reps back squat, middle set of 3 go for 3RM.
95-125-165-195-165-115-95
Success! New 3RM PR!!

WOD:
4 RFT:
20 wall ball (20#)
40 double unders
7:26. Fire breather Josh beat me by 2 minutes!! Others went faster but did not RX it. Good workout...I was pooped after! But...I felt energized...not completely tired...after a full month of RX CrossFit training, I've finally started to gain energy, not lose it, after a hard WOD!! YAY!!

Sport #3
  • Massage
  • 1h 00m

Damn I needed this tonight.

Sport #4
  • Rowing
  • 02m

Exactly 2 minutes of rowing for 500m today...and that was with the rower at Level 7. Could have definitely pushed harder but that was just the pre-class warmup.

Sport #5
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Shoulder and back stretches.

• Calories out: 2945 From lifestyle:2598, From activities:347
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 4

Tuesday - June 11

Run
  • 06m 42s
  • 1.00 miles
  • 06m 42s /Mi

Well the long runs are paying off. This little warmup run was not done with any huge efforts (there's a little hill at the end of it that takes a little ooomph, but that's it) and I finished first in the class. :)

Sport #1
  • Crossfit
  • 23m

WU:
5 minutes of going over the exercises.
3 shoulder press @ 45#
3 push press @ 45#
3 push jerk @ 45#
5 clean pulls @ 45#
5 hang clean pulls @ 45#
5 burpee box jumps
5 toes to bar

WOD:
AMRAP 4 x 3
5 power clean and push jerk (155#)
7 burpee box jumps
9 toes to bar

3 minute rests between AMRAPs
Round 1 - 1+7
Round 2 - 1+4
Round 3 - 1+3

I was definitely last in the RX division but out of the three classes so far today, only 6 people RX'd the weight here so I'm pretty happy with that. I am getting stronger!!

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 20m

10 minutes of foam rolling. Then shoulder mobility, and hip opening stretches before class.

Today is the first day in a long time that I actually FEEL healthier than the day before.  Its been a gradual progression over the past few months and I definitely feel better than I did in March, but today I woke up and I felt much healthier than yesterday.  It's a good feeling to have. 

I can't wait to take my next 60 day picture in July, I think there's gonna be a hell of a difference.  I just have to watch my sweet tooth. 

OH YEAH...forgot this came!  I'm officially a CrossFit Trainer!!!

• Calories out: 2972 From lifestyle:2628, From activities:344
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 10 Overall Workout: 4

Monday - June 10

Run
  • 09m 03s
  • 1.25 miles
  • 07m 15s /Mi

CrossFit run splits.
5 x 400 during the WOD

Bike #1
  • 16m 03s
  • 4.02 miles
  • 15.03 Mi/hr

UGH...HOT. Just a lunchtime ride from work to the box to give them my new debit card info, and then back...and I felt like I had just ridden in a rainstorm, for 50 miles...I was drenched. So much for working in non-sweaty clothes.

Bike #2
  • 15m 31s
  • 4.48 miles
  • 17.32 Mi/hr

Rather windy commute home from work.

Sport
  • Crossfit
  • 21m 27s

Holy crap...this was hard! I didn't think it'd be this hard but I had to lighten my weight after round 1.

I started at 115 for everything but I failed on rep 4 during the snatches, so I settled at 90 for the snatch and the OHS in all subsequent rounds, but kept the 115 for the DL's.

5 rounds for time:
5 deadlifts, 115#
5 hang snatch, 115# (90# in round 2 - 5)
5 overhead squat, 115# (90# in round 2 - 5)
Run 400m

Definitely a burner.

• Calories out: 3279 From lifestyle:2618, From activities:660
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9.5 Overall Workout: 4

Sunday - June 9

Run
  • 1h 24m 15s
  • 10.00 miles
  • 08m 25s /Mi

HOLY HUMIDITY!!! It was 84 degrees and 80% when I started and only got hotter as I went. There was a steady headwind on the way south, but on the way north it was behind me...and it wasn't one of those make-me-faster tailwinds...UGH.

By the time I was done, it was 86 degrees with 75% humidity, making it feel like 90. I never went out of my comfort zone so I didn't want to push hard. This pace wasn't great but I never struggled and there were ZERO hard efforts, no stopping to walk, no walking the last mile on the beach, no giving up. WOOT!

Bike
  • 15m 31s
  • -----
  • -----

• Calories out: 3870 From lifestyle:2613, From activities:1257
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4

Saturday - June 8

Run
  • 08m 32s
  • 0.75 miles
  • 11m 22s /Mi

CrossFit run splits with Brian. Warmup 400, and the 800m at the end of the workout. Bri struggled on this last 800 but he got thru it and that's awesome!

Sport #1
  • Crossfit
  • 20m 11s

PARTNER WOD!!
As soon as we walked in the door today, I knew Brian was just gonna LOOOOOOOOVE this one. :)

For time, 2 partners, 1 works at a time:
80 power cleans (floor start), 95#
40 pullups
80 back squats, 95#
40 pullups
Run 800m (both partners run together)

We did this whole workout in 20:11...Bri did an awesome job. The run was tough on him at the end...it was way humid and he was already hypoxic from all the squatting and pulling. Still, we didn't finish last...there were about 5 teams behind us...and only 3 or so finished before us. :)

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Hips and shoulders.

I am soooooo over this damn rainy weather!!  It's been raining EVERY DAMN DAY since 11 days ago...I can't take it anymore!!!  I wanna go to the beach, I wanna go in the pool, I wanna go SOMEWHERE outside.  Thankfully, the weather forecast says I'll have some non-rainy time to do my run tomorrow morning.  It's gonna be STOOPID humid though...so I'm not expecting any great paces but at least I can get out and run.  I don't care how slow...I just wanna run.

• Calories out: 2924 From lifestyle:2645, From activities:279

Friday - June 7

Bike
  • 15m 20s
  • 4.47 miles
  • 17.49 Mi/hr

Ride to work...VERY HUMID...but I had a tailwind (odd for a morning).

Sport #1
  • Crossfit
  • 17m

Today's WOD was Fight Gone Bad!
It's been a while since I've done this RX, so today was a GREAT workout.

3 rounds, 1 minute at each station
Wall ball 20#
SDHP 70#
Box jump 20"
Push press 75#
Row for calories
Rest

I wound up with 285 as a total score on this one. I don't think I've ever gotten that high before. Even so, top score at the earlier classes was 324!! OUCH!! Although I have to say, my last round was my highest scoring round!
94, 91, 101. Pretty happy about that!

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Easy warmup stretches.

Definitely satisfied with my decision to take yesterday off.  My body needed a rest, and it translated into a lot more energy and less pain today.  It was really a fortuitous turn of events that today's WOD was FGB, cuz the exercises carry relatively light loads and it's more about endurance and stamina than it is about strength.  Tomorrow will be even better since my big muscle groups really weren't taxed today...it was my lungs and my heart that took the brunt of the workout. 

Bring on the weekend!!

• Calories out: 2998 From lifestyle:2641, From activities:356

Thursday - June 6

OK...today is a rest day.  It's raining so I didn't even ride my bike to work.  I will take it easy today. My forearms are still sore, my elbows are sore to the touch, and my body is just tired.  Of the last 48 hours, I probably slept more than 24 of them.  I already know I'm going too hard at CF lately.  I got Brian to join the box with me, so maybe now I'll just start going lighter and not trying to be such a badass.  I think (no, I know) that being a new guy at the box I am trying to impress everyone so they get to know me.  I flat out WON the Murph workout last week, out of 38 CFers, so people know who I am now...I thought I was DONE with that whole "I need to be the best" thing I was clinging to for the past few years.  But I guess I need to reiterate that idea to myself.  I'm trying to get fit, not win the Games.  SHEESH!!

So today I will stay off my feet as much as possible, not lift heavy stuff, and keep myself on a steady stream of fish oil and Aleve, to help keep myself as anti-inflammatory as possible.  Extra protein too.

Q's Training Log

June 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races

Totals